JUicy cosmetics- using same names as MAC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys, I just noticed something else about the juicy make up line. Most of their blushes use MAC's names and the colors are very similar to MAC's. What's up with this line. They aren't original. How come they arent sued yet?? I have nothing against this line, but why are they copying names. Here, check out the site and check out the color palette and judge for yourself. http://www.juicy-cosmetics.com/juicy2/cheeks.htm

Wow!!Holy Ripoff Batman..They've blantantly stolen eyeshadow names,blushes etc..That just killed any desire I had to check that line out.How Flippin unoriginal

Originally Posted by maiho hey guys, I just noticed something else about the juicy make up line. Most of their blushes use MAC's names and the colors are very similar to MAC's. What's up with this line. They aren't original. How come they arent sued yet?? I have nothing against this line, but why are they copying names. Here, check out the site and check out the color palette and judge for yourself. http://www.juicy-cosmetics.com/juicy2/cheeks.htm

Yep, im with u on this. This killed my desire to buy their cosmetics. I finally got over the fact that they "borrowed" smashbox's pic so i went back on the site to order some stuff, and when i realized their blushes are using mac's names, i got sooo mad considering the fact that im a major mac fan.
icon_frown.gif

QUOTE=allisong]Wow!!Holy Ripoff Batman..They've blantantly stolen eyeshadow names,blushes etc..That just killed any desire I had to check that line out.How Flippin unoriginal

Well,i took it one step further,I reported them to MAC..We'll see what they have to say about it

Originally Posted by maiho Yep, im with u on this. This killed my desire to buy their cosmetics. I finally got over the fact that they "borrowed" smashbox's pic so i went back on the site to order some stuff, and when i realized their blushes are using mac's names, i got sooo mad considering the fact that im a major mac fan.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by allisong Wow!!Holy Ripoff Batman..They've blantantly stolen eyeshadow names,blushes etc..That just killed any desire I had to check that line out.How Flippin unoriginal

WOw this is cool. THose weasels. Let us know if they respond to your letter, Alisong. Buncha non creative freaky lamer do dads (this has to be rated P.G.).

I refused to acknowledge thier line after they stole Smashbox pics to put on their front page. That's just something you don't do. And this just takes the cake...wowzers.

I wonder if using the name "High Beam" for a sugar shimmer is because of BeneFit's "High Beam" highlighter? If their products are so great, then why can't they come up with original names? You don't see Revlon and Maybelline using MAC and BeneFit names. There are so many possibilities for name combinations out there, and though you might occasionally see a slight similarity in a name, you don't often see so many in one product line.

What alarms me the most is that the product pictures on their site have virtually no identifying names on the packaging. A few of them do, but most of them don't. Even on MAC and Bobbi Brown's sites, as well as low-ends like Revlon and Maybelline, you can see the name on the packaging.

Aha! They could hire me, the creative English major, and I could come up with sparkling new names!
wink.gif

In any case, I hope this line can come up with more original names and product photos, for the sake of their business reputation.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I wonder if using the name "High Beam" for a sugar shimmer is because of BeneFit's "High Beam" highlighter? If their products are so great, then why can't they come up with original names? You don't see Revlon and Maybelline using MAC and BeneFit names. There are so many possibilities for name combinations out there, and though you might occasionally see a slight similarity in a name, you don't often see so many in one product line.
What alarms me the most is that the product pictures on their site have virtually no identifying names on the packaging. A few of them do, but most of them don't. Even on MAC and Bobbi Brown's sites, as well as low-ends like Revlon and Maybelline, you can see the name on the packaging.

Aha! They could hire me, the creative English major, and I could come up with sparkling new names!
wink.gif

In any case, I hope this line can come up with more original names and product photos, for the sake of their business reputation.

Not only did I notice MAC names but Hard Candy and Benefit as well..I want to know what they as a company have to say in defense of this..

Latest posts

Back