Julep April boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's every month now?  Well shoot!  That makes it harder to skip now!

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They said that they're doing the Golden Boxes every month from now on, on their FB page, last month. So I wasn't really surprised to see that. I think it's a cool idea because it gives incentive to stay with them longer in a way. 

Honestly I'm sort of meh about all the reds in this months boxes! I already have SO MANY similar colors to those reds that I do not want more. I switched from Boho Glam to Classic with a Twist because the brown looks boring and the red is just another red. 

I want the new colors, not the repeats. So I'll probably place a separate order for those after my boxes come. 

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's every month now?  Well shoot!  That makes it harder to skip now!

I know right? I wish that they wouldn't include old colors in the boxes though. Those of us who have been subscribing since the beginning, or who bought sets off of their website before the Maven program existed, already own a lot of the colors. So it's sort of annoying to get so many repeats. But at least they're branching out product wise, and I really love that the new colors continue to keep things fresh. 

I like Bombshell, but I'm skipping this month. I love that tangerine shade, but it's not worth $20 to me. 

I really wanted to stick with It Girl to get the free makeup bag they offered me...but I love the colors in Classic with a Twist and the foot cream. I suppose i'll run across another makeup bag at some point with another company? These monthly beauty boxes are starting to add up and I need more storage!

I decided if don't get the Mandy color in my st. patties mystery box (which I doubt I will anyway) that I'll just go ahead and switch my style.

Also: does anyone know if that pedi cream is a lotion or a scrub? It doesn't really clarify...

I love the Bombshell colors, but I'm not feeling that tempted by the foot scrub, thing. I can't exfoliate my feet because I actually need to maintain a fairly thick callus layer, so it's kind of... meh. I guess I could trade it for something else, but who'd actually want it?

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I changed my mind and am getting the Bombshell box.  I had a bad day..lol.

At first I wasn't feeling it but the more I see it, the more I want it (so fashionable) but I already changed my style for the month to American Beauty. AHHHHH! 

has anyone actually ever gotten a golden box? i wasn't really feeling any color either but saw that message and felt like i wanted to stay. but is the chances of getting one so far remote that i may as well hold out for the april mystery box? aaaaah (sigh). decisions.. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At first I wasn't feeling it but the more I see it, the more I want it (so fashionable) but I already changed my style for the month to American Beauty. AHHHHH! 

I am normally American Beauty, which I don't get since I usually prefer bombshell or it girl.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am normally American Beauty, which I don't get since I usually prefer bombshell or it girl.
I've loved Bombshell every month and am starting to love it this month, again, so it's a good fit. It's just last month, while I loved Bombshell (still really want Natasha), I loooooved Boho Glam. I hope I don't regret switching my style this month. 
icon_lol.gif

I like It Girl colors every month as well, but I can't get myself to pass up the bonus item in the other boxes. I'm a sucker for those things. lol.

I'm skipping this month.  *Every single one* is a cream, and I'm just not a big cream fan.  It wouldn't even be worth it for a Golden Box for me.  I'm hoping next month will have some shimmery stuff.  Or, even better, a foil.  I love foils (and Zoya has six coming out next month for their summer collection!), but Julep doesn't have a single one.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm skipping this month.  *Every single one* is a cream, and I'm just not a big cream fan.  It wouldn't even be worth it for a Golden Box for me.  I'm hoping next month will have some shimmery stuff.  Or, even better, a foil.  I love foils (and Zoya has six coming out next month for their summer collection!), but Julep doesn't have a single one.
I LOVE Juleps Shimmers so much. I am kind of sad that this month doesn't have any. I wish they had some more glitters besides the one that has been turned into Sophia and Portia. I now have the 3 different incarnations of that one and it would be cool to have something different. 

Second month with Julep and I couldn't pass up IT GIRL. I don't have a ton of really nice polishes, and IT GIRL has a lot of different styles choose from! 

I thought about it some more, and realized that I don't LOVE both boxes enough to get both this month. I ended up skipping my American Beauty box and changed my Boho Glam one to Classic with a Twist. 

I feel like I need to save the $20 and either buy a couple of the new colors with it instead, or put it towards other things. 

Originally Posted by kruti81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

has anyone actually ever gotten a golden box? i wasn't really feeling any color either but saw that message and felt like i wanted to stay. but is the chances of getting one so far remote that i may as well hold out for the april mystery box? aaaaah (sigh). decisions.. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup, a few people here have received one! 

I'm now thinking of unskipping to classic with a twist now that I've seen swatches. Susie is so cute! 

Back