Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't believe they released a teaser for February already! 9 Days to go until selection even... Hm.... a holo. Maybe we can hope for holos and... duochromes? Duochrome holos?   oh crap, of course I would put the wrong year.

I'm such a doofus.

In my sleep deprived state I read that email on my lunchbreak and was like Oh that's cool they had that last month in February. I totally didn't even give that a second thought until just now when I read this, and realized they meant February of THIS YEAR because DUH it's coming up next month! lol oops

I think it's going to be duochrome and halographic nail polishes this month. It's has be sparkly and glitzy if they're going to be Oscar Themed again! I hope we get another Oscar shaped chocolate that was a super cute touch last year. I can't believe I've been a Julep Maven for a year now! 

Anyways, whatever comes in the February box, I am giving them ALL away through a giveaway I am hosting on my blog. Since I was a maven pretty early on, a lot of people purchased through my referral links and I have racked up quite a huge amount (about 100,000 between my mom and I). I want to give back by donating some of my jules for a giveaway of the entire "Glamour Collection", so I really hope it's good, which I have a feeling it will be. Also, my birthday is going to be on the sneak peek day as well! 

If you're interested, please fill out the PunchTab Raffle form. It's pretty easy to do and you can share your referral link to gain increase your chances (every person who enters through your referral link get 5 additional entries!)

Here's the link: http://www.nailartcouture.com/2013/01/birthday-giveaway-win-entire-february.html

My two big polish weaknesses are duochromes and holographics.  I usually skip Julep because they tend to skip to creams, and those are really not my sort of thing, but I might go ahead and max out my add-ons this time.  I probably won't go for the ALL THE THINGS option because I have a feeling most of them will be warm shades and pinks/reds, but if they have cool purples, blues, greens, grays, and silvers?  Come to Meggie.  Also, Monday will be my birthday, so I might be more likely to justify an extra splurge since I'm the only one who will buy a present for me!  (I bought the Urban Decay _Alice in Wonderland_ palette when it came out -- at least I recall it hitting stores the same week as my birthday -- for this exact same reason.)

Well, I said I was probably going to skip this month, but I have a feeling I'll opt in. Sparkly polishes are my downfall. I'll skip next month!

Originally Posted by nailpolishnerd7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I said I was probably going to skip this month, but I have a feeling I'll opt in. Sparkly polishes are my downfall. I'll skip next month!
lol.. sureeee you will :) I always say that too! I did skip last month, so yay me!

hmmm holos/duochrome/glitter? i'll be skipping then for sure, for the third month in a row :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. they sure aren't offering a lot lately for people who like simple colors 

They just posted a new top coat on Facebook that is going to be in the February box. I added the video. Now I can't skip.

I don't have sound rn so I can't hear all about how special it is, but I am excited!

On the other hand, does Julep really actually let their employees paint their nails at work LOL. It must be nice to work somewhere where they encourage not-necessarily-work-friendly nail polish colours :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My two big polish weaknesses are duochromes and holographics.  I usually skip Julep because they tend to skip to creams, and those are really not my sort of thing, but I might go ahead and max out my add-ons this time.  I probably won't go for the ALL THE THINGS option because I have a feeling most of them will be warm shades and pinks/reds, but if they have cool purples, blues, greens, grays, and silvers?  Come to Meggie.  Also, Monday will be my birthday, so I might be more likely to justify an extra splurge since I'm the only one who will buy a present for me!  (I bought the Urban Decay _Alice in Wonderland_ palette when it came out -- at least I recall it hitting stores the same week as my birthday -- for this exact same reason.)
Happy birthday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was planning on cancelling, allergic reaction etc. But now I think I will hold on for another month.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have sound rn so I can't hear all about how special it is, but I am excited!

On the other hand, does Julep really actually let their employees paint their nails at work LOL. It must be nice to work somewhere where they encourage not-necessarily-work-friendly nail polish colours :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's always a plus. I'm lucky in the fact that I can also wear pretty much any color to work, but the being able to paint your nails while at work? That would be awesome. I'd think they call it "product research" since you have to know the product that you're answering questions about, and I'm sure they get every question imaginable about their products.

I'm curious to see how the Freedom top coat compares to the Seche topcoat, so I'm excited to see that this is in the box. I haven't been excited about a Julep box since the suedes, which is only a couple of months ago, but still.

I don't think I'll have any problem skipping this month. I'm not really into sparkly polish, and the Julep product of the month doesn't stand out to me...

Latest posts

Back