Julep: February 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so a pink cream *and* an oil slick duochrome in the It Girl box?  I have, like, four oil slick polishes.  The fact that this one is a silk isn't really making me want it.  "Black iris creme" looks just plain old *black* to me.  And *two* creams in the It Girl box.  No.  Unless they have some interesting alternate boxes (not holding my breath there), skipping over here. 

I've skipped the past 3-4 months, after previewing the February collection I plan to take a box. There's a couple of polishes that I like the look of and I'm all about trying every eye brightner I can get my hands on. I have several highlighters already but I'd be happy to try Juleps. Can't wait to pick tomorrow, I might even pick up add ons :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess everyone is getting Hartleigh (Classic with a Twist), as a Valentine's Day gift from Jane in their February box! What does everyone think?
10922874_10153566863115884_6765023304728006730_n.jpg
Thats cute, I have something similar from Nicole by OPI.

I am definitely on a shoe string budget.  I am hoping to get the eye brightener hoping it will cover up my melasma/lupus butterfly mask.  I like using brands I know even though I love trying new things out,yet with new skin conditions its easier to narrow down what brands and products break me out. Since My bday month is March I was hopping they might have a spectacular selection this month so I could wear them and get them in for my b-day The heart nail polish will be nice for when I start meeting with couples to marry again. Yet come to think about it Even though this month is the almost 15 year anniversary that my husband and I moved in together after a long distance relationship so thats worth hearts and celebrations also!  Yet before that I have a ton to do.  I need to move hubby and I into a wheelchair accessible house some how so I can take care of him easier.  Then I can start marrying love birds again!   I do love anything but creme colors those I doctor up if I can easily(cant wait for julep to put out more special effect top coats hint,hint ),gift or donate to others. 

Did any of you all like the top coat gift last month?  Would you mind sharing what it does?  I am waiting on a replacement as mine was missing from my box and I was so looking forward to it.  Thats ok though it will get here soon I have been holding off on Manis since life has been so busy lately my nails will hopefully get a pretty new treat on them.

Thank you all and many blessings your way!

I like highlighters/brighteners, interested in trying these out.  I've been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Brush On Glow BB Highlighter for several months now, and it looks like Julep's Illume Eye Brightener is similar in concept.  Some of the polish colors look interesting to me, so I'll be taking a box this month.

Is anyone else having an issue with their site?  My 1st order went through but when I went to edit it I was told I had to wait till next month since I just signed up.  I have been with Julep since before their 2 year anniversary. Ugh!  Oh dear its gonna be a fun day.  I need more coffee this feels like a monday lol!

Is anyone else having an issue with their site?  My 1st order went through but when I went to edit it I was told I had to wait till next month since I just signed up.  I have been with Julep since before their 2 year anniversary. Ugh!  Oh dear its gonna be a fun day.  I need more coffee this feels like a monday lol!
This happened to me and a ton of others according to Facebook. It was like that when I accessed through my phone but was fine on my pc.

Luckily I didn't experience any issues with the site glitching this morning. I picked up the Modern Beauty box which has the luminizer and the eye brightener. I just switched the eye brightner from champagne to pink since that should work better for me.

I added on London, the metamorphic top coat trio, and the fan brush. I had 2,800 in Jules so I should only pay about $22 out of pocket.

I'm happy, I'd been wanting to take a box for several months but there hasn't been anything I wanted for a while. Last week I even caved and got a mystery box thinking I probably wouldn't want the Feb Maven box.

And...  Skipped.  I don't think there's even one single shade in the entire collection I'm interested in -- not even the top coat.  I'm slightly intrigued by Ada (mainly because I had a girlkitty named Ada after Ada Byron Lovelace, the first computer programmer), but it's not in a box, and it's the *finish* that interests me, not the actual color.  I don't do pinks on my nails.

This happened to me and a ton of others according to Facebook. It was like that when I accessed through my phone but was fine on my pc.

Luckily I didn't experience any issues with the site glitching this morning. I picked up the Modern Beauty box which has the luminizer and the eye brightener. I just switched the eye brightner from champagne to pink since that should work better for me.

I added on London, the metamorphic top coat trio, and the fan brush. I had 2,800 in Jules so I should only pay about $22 out of pocket.

I'm happy, I'd been wanting to take a box for several months but there hasn't been anything I wanted for a while. Last week I even caved and got a mystery box thinking I probably wouldn't want the Feb Maven box.
 Thank you all, just an FYI just hung up with them and they were having tech issues.  Thankfully with all my jewls It will be a nice gift for my birthday month. Since we havent been able to celebrate in years.   Plus hubby loves all the pretty colors on me. He loves to see me all dressed up.  When we 1st met I had a color changing polish on my toes and he loved it but the company I had gotten it from quit making it.  He took a eyeshadow applicator and scraped the bottom it was to funny.

Have a wonderful day all!

And...  Skipped.  I don't think there's even one single shade in the entire collection I'm interested in -- not even the top coat.  I'm slightly intrigued by Ada (mainly because I had a girlkitty named Ada after Ada Byron Lovelace, the first computer programmer), but it's not in a box, and it's the *finish* that interests me, not the actual color.  I don't do pinks on my nails.
You could find any number of indies who do the jelly with glitter finish. What's sad is I saw this and then looked at my nails and realised I'm wearing the vampy, grown up version of Ada and suddenly find myself not needing Ada. (I'm currently sporting KBShimmer's A Raisin to Live and the glitter is much more sparkly than in the pictures.)

I was interested in the eye brightener, but am disappointed that it's only available in the Modern Beauty box. I don't want powder and the colors in the It Girl box feel recycled to me. I'm not even tempted by the metamorphic set they have listed as an addon.

You could find any number of indies who do the jelly with glitter finish. What's sad is I saw this and then looked at my nails and realised I'm wearing the vampy, grown up version of Ada and suddenly find myself not needing Ada. (I'm currently sporting KBShimmer's A Raisin to Live and the glitter is much more sparkly than in the pictures.)
The thing that I'm curious about is the "pearl glitter."  That makes it sound like it could be microbeads and thus textured, like a cross between a jelly polish and a caviar mani.

I'm skipping. 
I don't want to buy makeup from a kit club. I like to try out makeup before buying.

Here is my selection with London as an add on. 

I have not gotten a box in over 8 months I would say. I love reds and have been wanting to try the new top coat. I know I will use the glittery gold because it is somewhat neutral and I can pull it off at work. I love London because I never got Rae and it looks like a dupe. I used points to get London for free. 

Plus everyone gets the glittery hearts polish this month if you take your box so I got suckered in. Yay! 

activitybox-vivien_karissa_oxygentcuc_heartdecals_1_2.jpg
london_rf.jpg

Here's what I'm getting this month. I skipped December and January so I picked up quite a few things. Still trying to decide on Elise and Ada.

julep.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. And i guess completely off my no buy. I like their blush, bronzer and brushes so going to try the highlighter (hoping its not just a pasty version of the blush which also is the diamond dust finish) and fan brush (using 800 jules for brush in lieu of add on price). So Boho glam (since i am not customizable) and added on brush, metamorphic top coats trio (hoping they are pearlescent finish), and becky.

I think after this i'm out and will cancel. Dont need to be tempted to spend more money on products i already have plenty of.

Latest posts

Back