Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just joined Julep after cancelling my lack-luster Glossy Box and was curious as to everyone's over all opinion of the service. Is it worth the $19.99 per month? After shelling out $21 for a terrible Glossy Box, I'm a little apprehensive!
Julep is one of my favorite subs, you get at least 2-3 polishes (valued at $14 each) and extra (nail polish remover, hand cream, etc) and usually a little surprise. They have great customer service in my opinion, and I like how you can add on extra polishes each month for only $4.99

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just joined Julep after cancelling my lack-luster Glossy Box and was curious as to everyone's over all opinion of the service. Is it worth the $19.99 per month? After shelling out $21 for a terrible Glossy Box, I'm a little apprehensive!
I feel like Julep is worth it if you don't have too many polishes already, or if you don't care that much about having similar colors -- I was way excited about it in the beginning but as my nail polish collection has been growing exponentially in recent months, I've been feeling increasingly 'meh' about each month's colors. I also feel like Julep's strength is the formula of their cremes, so the fact that the past 2 months has been heavy on metallics and glitters hasn't made me any happier. I'll still be sticking with them for at least 2 more months since I have enough referral credits to get September and October's boxes for free, but we'll see after that. I'm hoping their fall colors will be more wowing.

But I do agree with zorabell that their CS is great, and I love how fast their shipping is. To get to me from Seattle to NYC always takes less than a week, while Glossybox takes that much time to cross the river from NJ. 
madno.gif

Back