Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From Facebook.

Oh geez.  After seeing those swatches, I'm really debating on whether or not I should still skip this month.  I've only been a Maven since February, but I feel like I'm already burnt out on the polishes.  It seems like I have almost every color of the rainbow now...even glow in the dark (Sofia if I remember right 
smile.gif
).  And I think I'm doing something wrong, because I can't get the polish to last more than a few days at the most.  Decisions, decisions!

I was going to skip this month. When I saw the email I knew that wasn't happening. Julep got me this month! *waves angry fist in the air*

Wish we were getting both, especially for the price we pay monthly. I had thought to cancel, but I think I'll stick around and skip many, many months lol.. I'll take July's, the stars are o so cute! Think I'll only take the monthly boxes when they have something different or possibly try my hand at the mystery boxes! It does feel like I'm getting colors I already own, maybe that's why I get the burned out feeling with this sub..

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wish we were getting both, especially for the price we pay monthly. I had thought to cancel, but I think I'll stick around and skip many, many months lol.. I'll take July's, the stars are o so cute! Think I'll only take the monthly boxes when they have something different or possibly try my hand at the mystery boxes! It does feel like I'm getting colors I already own, maybe that's why I get the burned out feeling with this sub..
Just be aware if you skip too many that they can cancel your sub without notice. They did that to someone I know. She tried to sign in one month and couldn't and noticed in the FAQs they could cancel you at anytime.

Damn they got me! I was totally going to skip but the special July polish had me on the fence. Now I see the boxes for this month and I can't even decide which one I want!!!!! They are all so cute! I know It Girl is out for me, because I have a blue and a minty green, and I'd like to get a lip gloss. but all the others are so cute! 

I'm leaning more towards It Girl because I'm a sucker for blues and teals. I have so much polish already, but do lack in the reds and pinks, but I barely wear those so it's justified. Waiting for the blog to have swatches because I might add on O Canada and I'm thinking Lynn might be nice. Plus it's my middle name.

I'm so pumped for this month, and actually want the american beauty that I got in my test. This is the first time I haven't had a referral credit in a few months, and I'm actually willing to pay for it. Way to go Julep. 

Oh boy . This was a hard decision, i switched from american beauty to classic with a twist. I'm a sucker for pinks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OOh the July polishes are sooo pretty!  I have yet to change up my box--mine is classic with a twist and I always love what's in my box.  So excited for the colors this month and for a lipgloss. 

Congrats, Julep.  Though more money than Birchbox, you are probably my favorite monthly subscription!!!

I typically get Boho Glam, but I switched this month to It girl, because I am a sucker for teals.

I added on O Canada and Mischa, also.

Gosh...they suckered me in.  I usually get Classic with a Twist, but I switched over to American Beauty because Yumi looks like something I need.  Annnnd then I added on Mila.

Question... I have never gotten a julep subscription, but i am loving this months colors. I have seen info about Penny codes before, is there one for July?

I couldn't resist adding O' Canada and Yumi to my Bombshell box. I was lacking glitter polishes so this month was great for me, hopefully they do another mystery box this month.

This is what I am supposed to be getting. Does anyone else have the rest of the maven July boxes?
ab_july_preview_06182012.jpg

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops, I gotta change my card info, does anyone know if I can do that online?
About a year ago I had to call them and change it over the phone.

You can also see the rest by signing into your account online. The pics will move and show you them all.

after clicking on the see it on button in the email i'm sticking with classic with a twist. I was going to skip this month because I signed up for glossybox, but....well....opps... and I was going to put in an order for elf- i've never tried any of that stuff and it's so cheap,but i guess i'll not order from them and instead accidently forget to skip my julep box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> or at least that's what i'll tell my hubby, haha. 

After skipping two months in a row, Julep made it so I can't resist! I love every color this month. Choosing just two add on options was near impossible! LOL. 

My regular monthly box is Bombshell and I loved it with a firey passion so no switching, and I added Freida and Audrey. LOOOOVED the photos on the Julep blog of them! The micro-shimmer is so pretty. 

Here's how the July colors look IRL:

http://blog.julep.com/meet-the-new-july-colors

If I could have chose two more it would have most definitely been O Canada and Yumi. 

Oh God! I want them all!!

I can't decide between It Girl (I love Mila!) or American Beauty (getting a gloss would be awesome). Plus I love the orange-y colors of Boho Glam.

And I had plans to cancel this month but Im so in love!

Back