Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up going with Bombshell and adding Yumi... I need 3 glittery polishes like I need a hole in the head- But so pretty!!!

I'm in a quandary and I simply cannot make up my mind. A little help ladies?

My box is the American Beauty:

I love the nude colors but Boho Glam and Bombshell are calling to me (and I am hearing Classic with a Twist whispering my name as well).

I don't like the lip gloss in Bombshell as much as I like Peony. I know I can do the add ons but I really don't want to pay $5.45 (tax for me since I'm in WA state with them). Georgia and Mischa are really calling to me but so is Chelsea. Ideally I would like Yumi, Georgia, Mischa, Chelsea and Peony.

I know..it's a dilemma, I am signed up for American Beauty and want a few more as well, but don't want to pay the taxes for add ons either lol!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in a quandary and I simply cannot make up my mind. A little help ladies?

My box is the American Beauty:

I love the nude colors but Boho Glam and Bombshell are calling to me (and I am hearing Classic with a Twist whispering my name as well).

I don't like the lip gloss in Bombshell as much as I like Peony. I know I can do the add ons but I really don't want to pay $5.45 (tax for me since I'm in WA state with them). Georgia and Mischa are really calling to me but so is Chelsea. Ideally I would like Yumi, Georgia, Mischa, Chelsea and Peony.

I changed from It Girl to Classic with a Twist. My second account is set for Boho Glam, but I decided to skip that one. However, I may just buy the individual boxes once they're available or just add on Georgia! The past two months have been AMAZING! May was not impressive but these have been wonderful! I was lucky last month and got a golden box (couldn't have picked a better month to get it) so I highly doubt that would happen again this month. But good luck to those that love all the colors and I hope one you (or many) get a golden box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A golden box would be amazeballs!! Lol, there's a lot of good colors, but I settled on It Girl with add ons lol. Fingers crossed for a golden box!

I had such a hard time deciding this month. I am normally an American Beauty but I switched to Classic with a twist. It is too bad that I am going to be going on vacation starting on the 27th, so I won't be able to use the America for 4th of July. And I have to wait longer to dig into my box.
frown.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think everyone is hoping for a golden box this month, no?

But of course lol! Great choices this month!

I was going to skip this month, but I really like the American Beauty colors this time, plus the free polish.  I don't know if I'd use the glittery polish with stars, but my daughter would probably love it.  

Last month I was going to skip too, but it was my first real month and they offered me a certificate for a free polish.  I guess they know how to get me. 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by seap3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to skip this month, but I really like the American Beauty colors this time, plus the free polish.  I don't know if I'd use the glittery polish with stars, but my daughter would probably love it.  

Last month I was going to skip too, but it was my first real month and they offered me a certificate for a free polish.  I guess they know how to get me. 
icon_lol.gif
the certificate is the main reason I am not skipping this month 
smile.gif

I switched to boho glam because I'm a whore for coral..and it's the only color gloss that I could see myself not tossing. I also want Daphne really bad...I'm thinking of adding georgia and mischa to the it girl box. That would be 6 polishes:) I'm SO picky about lip color..most of them make my pigmented lips look like walking dead girl. What do ya'll think of the peony gloss? Think it would be pale or milky. I couldn't really tell from the swatch pics..

I really want poppy & georgia (my mamas name!). I'm having a hard time resisting. I picked bombshell since its purple but I don't really like the other color of polish. Decisions, decisions!

I was SO set on skipping this month, until I saw the colors. I LOVE the it girl ones! Seafoam gets me every time.. and I don't have a nice white color. Plus I love the American the Beautiful, so for 4 nail polishes I decided to keep this month. I'm excited!

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I switched to boho glam because I'm a whore for coral..and it's the only color gloss that I could see myself not tossing. I also want Daphne really bad...I'm thinking of adding georgia and mischa to the it girl box. That would be 6 polishes:) I'm SO picky about lip color..most of them make my pigmented lips look like walking dead girl. What do ya'll think of the peony gloss? Think it would be pale or milky. I couldn't really tell from the swatch pics..
I was worried about the colors of the gloss too, until I looked at the preview of them at http://blog.julep.com/meet-the-new-july-colors .. they all look almost the same! Pretty much no noticeable color, even in Zinnia, the violet plum one.. that's why I decided on It Girl, no lip gloss in there. 

I'm sticking with It Girl (love that seafoam green!  Side note:  My spellchecker changed "seafoam" to "seafood"), and I'm adding O Canada (the swatch makes it look like sprinkles on a cupcake!), but I'm having a hard time deciding on the second add-on.  Chelsea?  I love purple, but the swatch makes it look more like your basic clown vomit (aka multicolored glitter).  Georgia?  It looks like it's similar to China Glaze Riveting, which I keep meaning to buy but never quite manage to get, but orange really isn't my favorite color family.  The rest of the options are very much not my sort of thing, so at least I'm not trying to figure out a way to get them all this time around.  

I'm not even sure I'll LIKE O Canada when it arrives. I can tell that if the formula is at all decent, AtB will be well-loved, though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back