Julep Maven- June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adore the Boho Glam. I was going to cancel the service (20 dollars is a lot!), but I'm really wavering now that I've seen the gorgeous blue!

I'm technically american beauty, but I never get that one lol. I opted for it girl this month because I don't want the lotion. This is my last free month of julep and I will probably cancel after, or skip all the boxes. 

None of these are really appealing enough to me to spring for a box, although there are a few that are going on my wishlist!

As a side note, I have been wondering whether they're going to do anything for their one-year anniversary in August.  It would be nice if they had some really sparkly (foils, not glitters) stuff for July, too.

Originally Posted by Shopper0427 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I make an account now and sign up for a box today will I get the mays box or June's box?
You'll receive an "introductory box" which isn't may or june's box, but you can see the contents before you purchase once you take the style quiz. I think they are still doing the boxes with pedi cream. 

Originally Posted by Shopper0427 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I make an account now and sign up for a box today will I get the mays box or June's box?
Actually, I think you'll get an intro box.  They're usually completely different from the boxes that go to the existing subscriber.  You would basically need to take their style test and see what they have at the moment.  It looks like the It Girl intro box has Jessica, Brooke, and Mandy, but the May box had Kylie, Nessa, and Ashley, while the June box is going to have Sasha, Morgan, and Sandra (and the April box had Niecy, Penelope, and Jessica).  I don't think there has ever been a box with the combo they have in the current Intro box.

ETA:  As we used to say in the days of my university's Unix-based bbs (holy crap, TWENTY YEARS AGO), simulpost!

I'm really excited I added Courteney to my add-on. I don't have a green shade like that yet. I debated adding Robin too, but it looks almost identical to Claire to me. (with Claire being a bit darker). Also Sasha looks gorgeous. I have basically no oranges. And I'm looking forward to the SPF cream. I need something like that.

Originally Posted by LUViNGMAMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really excited I added Courteney to my add-on. I don't have a green shade like that yet. I debated adding Robin too, but it looks almost identical to Claire to me. (with Claire being a bit darker).

Also Sasha looks gorgeous. I have basically no oranges.

And I'm looking forward to the SPF cream. I need something like that.
Robin looks a tiny bit warmer and greener than Claire to me.  I would love to do the tape swatch test (paint your nail with one of them, tape off part of your nail, paint the exposed part with the other, remove the tape) to see the contrast between these two.

I just got the email today. Since this is my first box it says I can add any polish from the boutique to my order for free however I don't see a function to do that. I'm a little confused on how. Any suggestions or faves as for what to get?

I'm regretfully going to skip this month because I like the colors (IBoho Glam) I don't want the lotion/sunscrren stuff so that's a deal killer.

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the email today. Since this is my first box it says I can add any polish from the boutique to my order for free however I don't see a function to do that. I'm a little confused on how. Any suggestions or faves as for what to get?
Hi everyone, I'm new to MUT and beauty subscriptions, but since finding this site I've joined several. I'm afraid I'm getting a bit addicted. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also received this email about the free polish, but cannot find anywhere that says how to do it.  When I add a polish it looks like I'm going to be charged so I stop.  I hope someone here knows what we are supposed to do.  I was considering skipping this month, but the free polish might make me change my mind.

I'm so happy their new product is another sunscreen for hands! Every woman should diligently apply sunscreen to hands. They show age more than the face! One of the most important things to use IMO

I like all of these colors.  Annoyed by the spelling of Courteney.  lol.  They finally have a polish with my name and the spell in wonky.  

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same offer, and I also couldn't figure out how to use it. I asked a friend and she said it will be coupon with a code in the June box. Hopefully she's right.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like all of these colors.  Annoyed by the spelling of Courteney.  lol.  They finally have a polish with my name and the spell in wonky.  
 Haha, ditto!

I like Julep but I don't know how much longer I'll keep my subscription because I have way too much nail polish as it is, and I'm getting to the point where the shades I'm getting are really similar to something I already have. I love the Boho Glam polishes I'm scheduled to get, but I already have 2 shades of yellow polish and the blue might be similar to what I'm wearing right now. Last month I ended up trading one of the polishes because, although I liked it a lot, it was really similar to the polish I was wearing when I opened the box.

I just cancelled my Julep Maven service. I was going through trying to organize and clean out all of my beauty goodies and I already have so much polish (close to 100). At this time I don't feel I need nor do I want to spend $20/month on nail polish and feel I should just use what I already have. I do enjoy their hand creams and cuticle oil so I may repurchase when I run out.

Originally Posted by CRB882 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, ditto!

I like Julep but I don't know how much longer I'll keep my subscription because I have way too much nail polish as it is, and I'm getting to the point where the shades I'm getting are really similar to something I already have. I love the Boho Glam polishes I'm scheduled to get, but I already have 2 shades of yellow polish and the blue might be similar to what I'm wearing right now. Last month I ended up trading one of the polishes because, although I liked it a lot, it was really similar to the polish I was wearing when I opened the box.
i feel the same way about it girl! the colors are so similar that i don't want to keep subscribing >:|

Latest posts

Back