Julep Maven March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed mine from It Girl to American Beauty.  I already have ALOT of bold colors so soft and subtle is something I'd love to try 
smile.gif

I want all the boxes this month. lol I chose instead my American Beauty (my normal box).

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is portia from the boho glam box over a dark blue polish....I LOVE this color!!!

Oh this is just gorgeous... I think I'll do Boho Glam this month instead. I had thought about Bombshell, but I am not as big of a fan of Sofia as I thought I would be. I'll definitely get more use out of Portia.

I'm going to buy a dark blue polish just to do this look! 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by kelliq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh this is just gorgeous... I think I'll do Boho Glam this month instead. I had thought about Bombshell, but I am not as big of a fan of Sofia as I thought I would be. I'll definitely get more use out of Portia.

I was going to skip until I saw this! I switched to boho this month.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is portia from the boho glam box over a dark blue polish....I LOVE this color!!!

I switched to Boho Glam too this month, but...

... doesn't the pretty glitter sort of just look like Vanessa with a drop of teal in the base?

Ya, it pretty much does look the same as Vanessa. 

I ended up switching out my American Beauty profile box for one for Classic with a Twist instead. I don't really want yet another beige color, but the purple is pretty at least and I don't have anything close to it! 

I want some of the other colors, but I plan on ordering them individually. 

I will be getting Boho Glam too!!! Both of the colors are gorgeous! The Salmon color looks like i will be able to use it with my army uniform so im excited for that and the Portia color is great!!!

Yep, I got the golden box last month and I didn't do anything special to get it.

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are we automatically entered to win the golden box if we don't skip the month?

I would like to know if anyone has won the Golden Box who received that months on referrals. Anyone?

I went with Boho, but want them all, lol.

I have never tried Argon Oil but I love that kind of stuff and will definitely use it. My current oil obsession is Emu, totally helps with any redness on my cheeks.

It's weird, because my Boho Glam box shipped and is already in another city. My CWAT one that supposedly shipped the same day [i think they just print out all the shipping labels the same day] still isn't in the system yet. 

I had this happen last time too. My Boho Glam box showed up one day ahead of the American Beauty one! 

Does anyone have experience with returning their box?

I skipped the March box, then apparently went back and unskipped (I was thinking about unskipping, but I guess I went ahead and really did it) and in the meantime, thinking that I was still skipped, placed an order on Oscar's night with the 1/2 off code they were doing.

I asked customer service if I could cancel the box, and they said it was too late but that I could send it back and just pay the cost of shipping and be refunded the cost of the box. Does anyone know about how much would shipping be?

My wedding is in 2 months so my thoughts have been CRAZY scattered, I've been placing online orders left and right- This one just got away from me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shipping should be around $6.

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, I love all the colors that I got (American Beauty box plus the Maya) and am REALLY intrigued by the argan oil- Seems like I'm going to have to keep everything. Darn ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my Boho Glam box today! I'm happy with the Argan oil. But be careful putting the dropper in! It displaces product and you'll end up with it overflowing and running down the sides of the bottle! 

But it's just as nice as my Josie Moran argan oil. I compared both of them and they're identical in every way, texture, scent, ingredient list. So for anyone who is worried about the quality, I would say it's a really really good dupe for JM Argan Oils. 

The JM has a much nicer looking label though! 

The color Portia is also basically a teal tinted dupe of their clear glitter Vanessa. It's literally the same exact polish, just tinted slightly teal. I don't mind, but it's interesting. 

I'm sooo excited for Alicia! I love the coral colors and it seems perfect for summer. 

Hopefully my other box shows up tomorrow! 

No Golden Box for me this month but that's alright! 

LOL My bottle wasn't filled all the way like yours was since no product overfilled when I put the dropped in.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL My bottle wasn't filled all the way like yours was since no product overfilled when I put the dropped in.

Weird! Mine made a HUGE mess. It was like lava overflowing over the top uncontrollably! I had to get it ALL on my hands and rub it in and they looked like a grease monster because I didn't want to waste any! lol. 

If the bottles aren't all filled the same, they might want to look into their manufacturing process with them, since that could be bad! I hope my other bottle is normal and isn't overfilled! I mean, it's nice to get "extra" product, but it seriously was running everywhere and I thought it was going to drip all over my couch and carpet! 

It's actually common to overfill than underfill which is why if you ever notice at grocery stores some bottles have more liquid while others don't. I tend to look for overfilled products.

That's weird! I never knew that. Now I'll have to look. =] 

I got my other box in today! No golden box this month for me but that's okay. I'm super super happy with my Classic with a Twist box. The Brooke color is soooo pretty! Jennifer is just another nude, and I have about 6 of their nude peachy colors at this point, so I'm not really excited or anything about that color. But Brooke is unlike any colors I have and I don't normally like purple, but this one is a really nice shimmery one. It looks way prettier in person than the pictures. 

I didn't open my argan oil, because I already have the other one open and my Josie Moran one open, so I need to use those more. 

So each box has one color I'm really excited about, Alicia and Brooke, and then the other two, Jennifer and Portia that I'm just kinda eh about. They're not bad colors but they're so close to things I already have that it's not super amazing. 

But I am happy with both boxes this month for sure. 

Back