Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my replacement brushes and even though they are short they worked out fine. No frays even though they looked cheap. All the glue dissolved over night and it was just a standard nail polish brush and I was able to use the polishes with no streaks or anything. I'm glad the new brushes worked out, but I feel like we should of had a coupon code or something maybe $5 off our next box or something for the hassle of having to wait so long to use our May box properly. We pay a premium price for these polishes and that makes my expectations of their products very high. I started out really enjoying their polish, but I can also spend that $20 a month at Ulta or wherever on polish and if it doesn't work out exchange it for a working product right away, not almost a month later. 

Well I'm keeping my boxes for next month. I really love the colours. I switched my American Beauty box for Classic With A Twist (is it just me or is Lily identical to Helena? I don't need two fuscia's). And added Courteney as an add on. And I stuck with It Girl on my other box.

While they look good, I'm skipping this month. Maybe cancelling, even. I think I will get a pedi at my local Julep salon instead and go buy some polish @ Sephora tomorrow lol.

I'm not really digging any of these, so I'm most likely going to skip.  I kind of want Robin, Claire, Courtney, and the sunscreen, but not enough to get a box and add-ons.  I'll just add them to my swap wish list and see whether I can get them that way.  If so, Meant To Be.  If not, no big loss.

I'm skipping as well. I like metallic polishes alright, but they aren't my favorites and I have shades similar to the creme ones. They're really pretty, I just can't justify this month esp. since I don't really want the sunscreen.

I got 2 referrals during May, do they email you letting you know that your box will be free?

I only want a box if its free.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got 2 referrals during May, do they email you letting you know that your box will be free?

I only want a box if its free.
Yes, but if you haven't gotten it yet, go to your account and go to "Earn a Free Month SHARE ON" under "My Maven Box" and it'll show you an Award Count of the number of free boxes you've earned.

I got the message awhile ago, and still have the award count: 1. So it'll definitely be free?

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the message awhile ago, and still have the award count: 1. So it'll definitely be free?
If you haven't gotten a free box yet, yep!

But I'm not sure if the Award Count is a bit glitchy b/c I just looked at my account again and it went down again to 0 although it's supposed to keep a record of your history of free boxes..

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YIKES! Those look like the cheap brushes found in dollar polishes. Even Wet n Wild's brushes look better than that! BTW - Mind if I borrow that image for a blog post? Credit to you of course.
Oops!  Sorry, I haven't had time to check MUT this past week!  But absolutely, you can use the image =]

On another note, and I believe someone else mentioned this too, I was going through the first few Julep polishes I got (I subscribed in Februrary I think) and they all had the cheaper looking brush in them.  I didn't start seeing the wider brush till maybe April?  So maybe they redesigned their brushes recently and the old leftovers got sent out as replacements.

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gifOn another note, and I believe someone else mentioned this too, I was going through the first few Julep polishes I got (I subscribed in Februrary I think) and they all had the cheaper looking brush in them.  I didn't start seeing the wider brush till maybe April?  So maybe they redesigned their brushes recently and the old leftovers got sent out as replacements.

That was me.  I've been subbed since the beginning, and those brushes were the thinner round brushes, but the nail treatment with the flat brush arrived in December, and most polishes I've received since then have had the round brush even though those were pretty much all new polishes that I received when they were released in Maven boxes, so it's not like it's old stock they're still working on clearing out.  Wow.  I wonder if I could possibly make that sentence more convoluted.  At least it's not a run-on since I did use the appropriate conjunctions.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was me.  I've been subbed since the beginning, and those brushes were the thinner round brushes, but the nail treatment with the flat brush arrived in December, and most polishes I've received since then have had the round brush even though those were pretty much all new polishes that I received when they were released in Maven boxes, so it's not like it's old stock they're still working on clearing out.  Wow.  I wonder if I could possibly make that sentence more convoluted.  At least it's not a run-on since I did use the appropriate conjunctions.
lol it made sense after I read it again =P I guess we'll see what happens with the next maven box and how the brushes are in those.

I meant to skip one of my boxes and accidentally forgot and never did my add ons either. Gagghh.

But I am really excited for my Boho Glam box this month. That's the one I think I'm keeping and then I'm dropping the American Beauty one, because it rarely fits my profile! 

Back