Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys know when it charges your account. I have a free month but want to do some addons but i transferred from my savings too many times this month and don't want to risk over drafting - i usually only leave just enough in my checking for the week. hence the too many savings transfers- lol.
I'm 99% sure that it charges your account on the 27th.

page5- I would suggest trying different top coats to see which one gives you longer-lasting results. You may have to spend a little bit more money on it but it will give you more staying power for your mani. I had this problem with a lot of the cheaper top coats. I like Seche-Vite or Sally Hanson Insta-dry.

Originally Posted by aftereight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you cancel your membership but still have an account do you have to resubscribe and get a welcome box? I wish there would have been an option to put your membership on hold like netflix!
You can put it on hold! Just skip your box every month and you won't get charged. I suppose it's sort of a pain to remember to skip it, but then you can keep your sub and just get your box when you're ready.

free box this month! i'm sticking with my it girl. i'm normally not a shimmer person and was hoping for more cremes (i know, i shouldn't have skipped last month) but i also like the colors in the it girl box so i'm going to try them out. i think i'm going to add on Sarah as well because i've been obsessed with coral lately.

now if only they would update my billing info for me so i can do my add ons. i tried calling, no one answered, so i sent an email.

I changed mine from Classic with a twist box to Bombshell. Will they be emailing me a confirmation? It has not changed under My Account

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I changed mine from Classic with a twist box to Bombshell. Will they be emailing me a confirmation? It has not changed under My Account
Ya they email you back. It takes a few days. You can also tell it switched when they ship out the boxes because your invoice will have the name of the box you switched to. If it doesn't, email them right away because it means they sent you the wrong one. I had that happen once and they were super nice about it.

I have two accounts, both are set to It Girl, but I'm really not feeling It Girl this month. Ended up skipping one box and changing the other to American Beauty, then added on Sarah and Fina.

Whoa - I just logged into my bank account and had a charge for 19.99 from Julep - first of all I am supposed to be getting this box free from referrals - Also I didnt think the charge showed up untill skipping/choosing etc was over with. Was anyone else charged?

Not charged yet. It says in the email they charge you when it ships, and it ships on the 27th

I love the It Girl look in the swatches but I think I am getting Boho Glam because I have a feeling I would think It Girl would be too bright for me.

I guess i'll just have to call. There is a itenerary on my account that just showed up with a charge for last months box but I got that one free and there is another itenerary from before i ordered the mystery box that states the same thing. 

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can put it on hold! Just skip your box every month and you won't get charged. I suppose it's sort of a pain to remember to skip it, but then you can keep your sub and just get your box when you're ready.
Yeah I cancelled it because I was really afraid of having to remember to skip but now I want it back haha

so before i could call they emailed me and said that they charged me in error...well that sucks bc now im going to have to go to an atm to transfer money since it will prob take about a week for that charge to fall off. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That sucks, I just got an e-mail from them too! Better check my acct. I skipped this month the colors weren't my style I preffer matt polishes

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so before i could call they emailed me and said that they charged me in error...well that sucks bc now im going to have to go to an atm to transfer money since it will prob take about a week for that charge to fall off. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I decided to skip, i'm not feeling any of the colors...I don't really like metallic :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Sad because this will be my last julep month before I leave the country for 3 months! Hopefully they'll have another mystery box I can get (even though I haven't been happy with those either haha)

Does anyone know how many Golden Boxes they actually send out? 

I can't decide which box to get.  I love It Girl and Bombshell.  I love Sarah, but it says "Sheer Pink Coral."  I don't know if I'd like the sheerness of it because I like bold, bright colors.  

I'll also be getting the complimentary makeup bag (which I really want)!!!!  I hope they do another Mystery Box, too.

Originally Posted by Kittygirl4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how many Golden Boxes they actually send out? 
I believe it's either 100 or 200 to random members.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe it's either 100 or 200 to random members.
Thanks!  That's better odds than I thought. 

Now if I could just get one! 
wub.gif

I am skipping this month. I bought the julep mystery bag, all the neon colors except the blue from my BB from March, and some Zoya polishes when they had the gma special.

For anyone wondering they send an email letting you know your box is ready and then you have the option of skipping (or changing styles) when you log into your account. They also send an email confirming that you are skipping the month.

Latest posts

Back