Julep Maven-May 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe it's either 100 or 200 to random members.
Is it only members who are getting their box free (by referrals) or any random members getting a box?

I had 17 emails from Julep. One saying they got my request for bomshell and two about the add-on. Sent over and over and over. But there was obviously a technical issue going on today. Haha. I thought I was all popular with 30 emails, but nope just Julep.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it only members who are getting their box free (by referrals) or any random members getting a box?

I had 17 emails from Julep. One saying they got my request for bomshell and two about the add-on. Sent over and over and over. But there was obviously a technical issue going on today. Haha. I thought I was all popular with 30 emails, but nope just Julep.
Any random members.

Ugh - I really want Ellie but I don't care for the magnetic polish and I have absolutely no interest in the Pedi prep. I suppose I'll just order it when it becomes available as a single. I'll have to console myself with half-price Zoya this month, LOL.

I had such a hard time deciding...I love bold colors like this. I went w/ classic w/ a twist & added on kylie & sarah. i usually hate pink anything but I think sarah will look good on my tan toes in the summer. I kinda like ashley too.

I'm normally American Beauty, but already have a similar magnetic polish. Decided to go with Bombshell. I'm a blue polish kinda girl.

Oh man I too want Ellie so bad! But the swatch on the julep blog didn't really help me make my decision as it was kinda too hidden to really see the color. But the word holographic is really intriguing me! 

Does anyone know, to update my billing info do I have to call Julep? And if so bad julep, very

inconvenient! 

Ah Ellie, you shall remain a figment of my imagination..until I see swatches of you online that is! LOL 
icon_biggrin.gif

Need advice! Should I stay with my IT girl this month and add on  the pedi prep or foot soak or go with Boho Glam and add on Ashley (and possibly the foot soak)? What do you girls think about the pedi prep and foot soak - worth it?

Originally Posted by Margo Julianna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Need advice! Should I stay with my IT girl this month and add on  the pedi prep or foot soak or go with Boho Glam and add on Ashley (and possibly the foot soak)? What do you girls think about the pedi prep and foot soak - worth it?

That is what I was thinking of doing too but I decided against the foot soak (I have some bath crystal I never use so I don't know if I would use it) and I am thinking about Ashley.So far I switched from Classic With A Twist to Boho Glam.

My profile automatically assigns me It Girl.  Hmm.  Normally, I would pass on yellow and orange, but Nessa and Ashley are calling to me for some reason.  I don't particularly want Kylie right now (it's very not appropriate for me for the spring or summer), but it will be neat for the fall.  I'm thinking about adding Fina and Ellie.  Fina is a definite add-on because I love blue and chromes, so a chrome blue?  Gotta have it.  Ellie is more questionable, though.  Holographic shimmer?  Sign me up!  Seashell pink?  Urgh, *no*.  Huh.  I guess I made my decision:  It Girl plus Fina.  

(And now to go sort out my Zoya Earth Day order!  Yay, nail polish!)

Can't wait to get my It Girl box. I love the all three colors, and I've never tried the magnetic polish, so I'm looking forward to that.

My manicures last at least 6 days without any chips-- I use either the julep or OPI base coat, 2 coats of polish and Seche Vite top coat. For someone who can't sit still long enough to get my nail dry enough, Seche Vite is the best nail product ever.

Thanks for the top coat recommendations. It looks like Seche Vit is from a cruelty-free company so I just ordered it from amazon for 4.39! Not bad. 

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is what I was thinking of doing too but I decided against the foot soak (I have some bath crystal I never use so I don't know if I would use it) and I am thinking about Ashley.So far I switched from Classic With A Twist to Boho Glam.
Yeah, I'm just not sure about the foot soak - I do love orange scent but am not sure if I'd use it, so maybe Boho Glam + Ashley would make the most sense. 

Thanks for the top coat recommendations. It looks like Seche Vit is from a cruelty-free company so I just ordered it from amazon for 4.39! Not bad. 
If you like it and realize you go through a lot of it, check out beauty supply stores.  I get four-ounce bottles of it from a local shop for under $12 a bottle.  I think Sally Beauty sells it for $24 a bottle if you have their card, and that's still a great deal since you're getting the equivalent of eight bottles.  All I have to do is refill empties and keep Seche Vite Restore on hand (the top coat will get thick and pretty much unusable at a certain point, and Restore is the only product to use to thin it out).  A four-ounce bottle lasts me something like a year since I paint my nails, ahem, frequently.  Chipped polish?  It's rarely on long enough to get the chance!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you like it and realize you go through a lot of it, check out beauty supply stores.  I get four-ounce bottles of it from a local shop for under $12 a bottle.  I think Sally Beauty sells it for $24 a bottle if you have their card, and that's still a great deal since you're getting the equivalent of eight bottles.  All I have to do is refill empties and keep Seche Vite Restore on hand (the top coat will get thick and pretty much unusable at a certain point, and Restore is the only product to use to thin it out).  A four-ounce bottle lasts me something like a year since I paint my nails, ahem, frequently.  Chipped polish?  It's rarely on long enough to get the chance!
So does every bottle of Seche Vite usually dry up quickly? I've purchased 1 bottle and it dried up so quickly I never re-purchased. I used another nail polish thinner but it barely did anything to the texture of the top coat :/ 

How long does the Seche Vite Restore keep the topcoat in its normal consistency?

Are there any comparable topcoats anyone would recommend? How is the Julep Fast Dry Top Coat?

Originally Posted by icecreamofwheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So does every bottle of Seche Vite usually dry up quickly? I've purchased 1 bottle and it dried up so quickly I never re-purchased. I used another nail polish thinner but it barely did anything to the texture of the top coat :/ 

How long does the Seche Vite Restore keep the topcoat in its normal consistency?

Are there any comparable topcoats anyone would recommend? How is the Julep Fast Dry Top Coat?
The Seche-Vite-gets-too-thick-to-use thing a pretty standard thing.  Pretty much everyone who recommended it to me tossed in that caveat.  I can usually get through about half a bottle before I need to thin it, although I tend to get annoyed at how little topcoat I can get on the brush at that point and refill it shortly after I add some Restore.  I don't know how long it took for your bottle to dry up, but the whole point of this stuff is that it dries quickly and completely, and when the bottle is open, it's doing its job of drying out quickly, but it's not doing it on your nails.  The only thinner that will work for this stuff is Restore.  It replaces the chemicals that Seche Vite loses when it dries, and I don't think any other thinner does.  I go through top coat way too quickly to be able to say how long the Restore keeps the original consistency, but I do know it works for me until I hit that too-low point again and just refill it, even when I thin it a little too much.  

Yes, this is good to know! I think I will purchase some

ugh btw. I just looked at the ingredients on my nail polish remover and realized it has gelatin!!! Sick! I had no idea that that would be in there. Now to find a new nail polish remover...

Probably have to live with pure acetone. 

ugh btw. I just looked at the ingredients on my nail polish remover and realized it has gelatin!!! Sick! I had no idea that that would be in there. Now to find a new nail polish remover...

Probably have to live with pure acetone. 
Pure acetone is all I use, a LOT of removers have gelatin. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I started using pure acetone when I got really into glitter polish and now I find all other removers to not work well at all. I have to use nail strengthening stuff all the time and cuticle oil (rose bud salve actually!!!!) super frequently, but worth it.

thanks I know Ill need strengthening too since my nails already aren't happy with my increase nail painting lately! I read all the ingredients on every food product I buy, but never imagined to look at the nail polish remover! gah.

Back