July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh on the Nyx. Nothing really jumped at me, but since I was bad and bought 2 different Balm palettes last week on HauteLook, I'm still feeling guilty over breaking my no/low buy. I splurged bad that weekend lol.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol my brain is doing the same thing. The winter in moscow and the nude on nude are getting to me. 
That's the other one that was getting to me! Gah.Just gotta keep telling myself I don't want it and I certainly don't need it. I'm actually doing really well this time around, so I don't want to screw that up!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I just got the email for the F&F sale for Tarte. Damn you Tarte. DAMN YOU.
I was good and deleted it without looking lol. But that just means I need to empty my trash before I'm tempted!

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looking at the lip gloss trios and then factoring in shipping costs, I realized it's not really saving me that much. I think I'll be able to safely avoid the temptation. My theBalm lipsticks should be in soon to add to my already overflowing lip product collection. Cheers to finishing out the month strong. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Great job!!

I looked at Nyx and hautelook and I am not even tempted :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel great! 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was good and deleted it without looking lol. But that just means I need to empty my trash before I'm tempted!
I looked, but I realized that the things I want are exclusive to Sephora and Ulta, so it really doesn't make a difference lol. The universe is looking out for me!

I looked, but I realized that the things I want are exclusive to Sephora and Ulta, so it really doesn't make a difference lol. The universe is looking out for me!
Yay! Lol, I emptied my trash. I'm going to finish the month on a high note!

And I just got the email for the F&F sale for Tarte. Damn you Tarte. DAMN YOU.
I have two lipsurgences and the maracula lip exfoliant in my cart right now. : tempted to check out, but I also just bought a new dress cause my bf's favorite bar is having "prom" in two weeks, lol..so I shouldn't.

Didn't buy anything this month except for getting my eyebrows waxed!  Used up some stuff, although not quite as much as I wanted to.  Feeling very happy about no-buy/low-buy in July.

I need to cancel my MyGlam, just because I feel like while I'm doing this project pan, getting BB once a month is going to be way more than necessary. Gah, just as they were getting good, too. 

Ok, I was good and cancelled MyGlam. But then I was bad and put that money towards a subscription to the Marvel digital collection of comics, so yeah....

But at least I'm not buying more beauty stuff, right? I'm putting the money towards something fun that isn't cluttering up my cabinets and drawers, and I guess that's what really matters.

35 days today.

Ok, I was good and cancelled MyGlam. But then I was bad and put that money towards a subscription to the Marvel digital collection of comics, so yeah....

But at least I'm not buying more beauty stuff, right? I'm putting the money towards something fun that isn't cluttering up my cabinets and drawers, and I guess that's what really matters.

35 days today.
You are doing awesome! Way to go.

ok, justification math time! I got my allure box today, and everything I am absolutely keeping adds up to well over 50 dollars, and will all get used completely. I feel like it was an awesome purchase, and with some luck, I will make more than the 50 I spent on it back on ebay with the things I do not want. 

There is a pile of stuff I want to keep but shouldn't, mostly hair smoothing things because I always tell myself I'll straighten my hair and then I don't. 

I do not feel guilty about this, turns out. I actually like this much more than the gorgeous on the go I bought out of temptation for benefit stuff. Granted I spent more on the allure box, but that 50 feels better spent than the 20 on the gotg box. 

Back to no-buy tomorrow though! 

I have fought through all my temptations recently.  I've been making a list of all the things I feel like I "need to have".  My anniversary is in late October so my boyfriend said he will buy me everything on my list if I'm good on my no spend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> plus a real/romantic present.  Heck make up and skin care is romantic to me haha

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is nothing I need, no matter how good of a deal it is. I splurged so many times in June, that like you lady grey, I am afraid to add it up. What the hell was I thinking?
So true!

Well it looks like I am being forced into a strict no-buy right now... Thanks to my husband buying my birthday present 
rolleyes.gif
Looks like I get to fly back home before our big move to Germany!

My low buy went well - I purchased the Insider box which was a great deal and I am already using half of the products. I also purchased a small palette I've had my eye on for a few months - the price dropped to the lowest I've seen so I bought it. I also purchased a perfume that I have been wanting - again a sale that made it affordable to me. Lastly, I purchased a couple of replacement products. All in all, a good month.

The only items I am seriously overloaded on are face creams (I have at least ten DS samples, 2 new full size, and four full size half empty containers) and body lotion (four full size ones in my cupboard plus six travel/deluxe size). Face cream is my weakness.

Back