July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been stash shopping for the past few days, and I've gotta say, it feels pretty nice. I'm not allowing myself to use products twice in a row, so that forces me to mix things up. I think it'll help since it kinda makes things feel "new" if they haven't been used much or in awhile. 
Thats a good idea! You seem to be doing really well so far. Day 5. I almost caved yesterday. Damn sephora & their awesome clearance section. And today, I was super tempted w/ stila's sale.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats a good idea! You seem to be doing really well so far. Day 5. I almost caved yesterday. Damn sephora & their awesome clearance section. And today, I was super tempted w/ stila's sale.
You're doing really well! I'm on Day 7 of not buying makeup. I feel pretty good about that. I'm gonna go ahead and order my chuck taylors that I wanted. Between donating plasma and selling some old stuff at Plato's Closet, I have enough to cover them, so yay! 

Oh, and yeah...the clearance sections are my kryptonite. I almost placed an order, but I talked myself out of it because I realized that I really didn't even want them, I just wanted to get stuff because it was such a great deal. 

You're doing really well! I'm on Day 7 of not buying makeup. I feel pretty good about that. I'm gonna go ahead and order my chuck taylors that I wanted. Between donating plasma and selling some old stuff at Plato's Closet, I have enough to cover them, so yay! 

Oh, and yeah...the clearance sections are my kryptonite. I almost placed an order, but I talked myself out of it because I realized that I really didn't even want them, I just wanted to get stuff because it was such a great deal. 
Yay! So glad your getting your shoes. I want to see them!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! So glad your getting your shoes. I want to see them!
Me too!! They're backordered for two more weeks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, so this random photo from the internet will have to do. Bane is the best villain! How is everyone doing so far? I know we're only 4 days in, but still, crazy money can be spent in 4 days...

Me too!! They're backordered for two more weeks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, so this random photo from the internet will have to do. Bane is the best villain! How is everyone doing so far? I know we're only 4 days in, but still, crazy money can be spent in 4 days...
Yeah, it can. But in my case, so far, it hasn't :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I needed a lip balm since Ive used mine all up. So I bought Zoya's in order to qualify for the free polish. LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: and I just ordered a couple samples from Glamour Doll Eyes. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My boyfriend called me a hoarder. I think he is right lol, and now I want to throw everything away.

I am on a no buy.  I want to get myself a vitamix, and the one I want is just over $400.  I have too much stuff as it is...I'm going to get creative!  Like filling my handsoap containers with my overflow of body wash, lol (I work at bath and body works so I have toooooo much stuff like that).  The only thing I'll buy this month is my $10 birchbox.  I want to put a dent in my 'collection' and use up some of my samples!  

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend called me a hoarder. I think he is right lol, and now I want to throw everything away.
Send it my way!   LOL

i need to get my eyebrows done before we go on vacation next week but i don't know if it's such a good idea for me to set foot in an Ulta during my no buy month.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i need to get my eyebrows done before we go on vacation next week but i don't know if it's such a good idea for me to set foot in an Ulta during my no buy month.
Be strong! I bought two lip balms yesterday at Walgreen's. A lot of the Yes! To products were clearance, so I spent $1.50.. managed to get my liquor and soda on sale and off to a big barbecue and fireworks show. Plus, I did the Zoya deal...I guess total I spent $10 on beauty products in the last two days? Just trying to remember.. "low buy; do I really need this?"

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spent another $2 on some Mango Mandarin body wash because in this heat, I'm dying for fruity scents, and most of what I have already in bath products is mint or spice or suchlike. It should have been free after RR, but they didn't print and I didn't feel like arguing it. So that's a total of $4 spent thus far this month (and I just did the free Zoya promo, which totally doesn't count, since, hello--FREE)
You can always contact Catalina and they will mail you the RR.

You can reach Catalina at 1-888-8coupon: Have your receipt in hand and state which items in your purchase should have triggered a RR. Catalina will review your transaction and will mail you a RR, within two to three weeks, if you should have received one.

I keep telling myself that I don't want that NARS Joie de Vivre palette, even though I do want it hella bad. I feel like I don't use palettes nearly as often as I should, since I store them separately from my train and it's a pain to get them out. Gah. Don't need it, don't need it, don't need it. 

I keep telling myself that I don't want that NARS Joie de Vivre palette, even though I do want it hella bad. I feel like I don't use palettes nearly as often as I should, since I store them separately from my train and it's a pain to get them out. Gah. Don't need it, don't need it, don't need it. 
Think you just reminded yourself why you don't need it lol!

I want it too, lol. I don't have any NARS blushes so I feel like it would be perfect for me, but i have so many other blushes, its kind of pointless, you know? blah so tempting. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Think you just reminded yourself why you don't need it lol!
I did! I'm just gonna keep reminding myself.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want it too, lol. I don't have any NARS blushes so I feel like it would be perfect for me, but i have so many other blushes, its kind of pointless, you know? blah so tempting. 
I have a buttload of blushes, too! I know value-wise it would be better to get the palette, but I would much rather finish one blush that I have, and then buy a single of a blush that I want. 

I did! I'm just gonna keep reminding myself.

I have a buttload of blushes, too! I know value-wise it would be better to get the palette, but I would much rather finish one blush that I have, and then buy a single of a blush that I want. 
I've been telling myself the same things...I'm still wanting to explore more brands/products, but if I dig around in my stash, I find stuff I've never even used or swatched! Trying to stay strong and not give in.

I love them. You are going to look so bad ass!

I almost ordered from haute look. I ended up selling my foot soak from julep & regret it. They had one for super cheap, along with the pedi creme (skipped that month). I didn't order. Then went on ebay to see if I could find one cheaper. I did & bid on it, thankfully someone outbid me...yikes!

Latest posts

Back