July The Look Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an email from them saying that mostly all of the bags will not be mailed out until the 15th. Hopefully next month they get the errors in their system taken care of so that we can have smooth sailing and get our bags mailed out on time..

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got an email from them saying that mostly all of the bags will not be mailed out until the 15th. Hopefully next month they get the errors in their system taken care of so that we can have smooth sailing and get our bags mailed out on time..
Got this too. For anyone who didn't receive it here is a direct quote from the email:

"

THE LOOK STORE.comJuly 13, 2012

Dear TheLookBag Subscriber,
Some of you might have been experiencing some troubles with The Look Bag in the past two months and we are sincerely sorry for that. Unfortunately, last night and today emails were sent out confusing many of our members and we have been working very hard at resolving this issue. We apologize and do wish that everything ran flawless however, as a startup company we are still ironing out the nicks and kinks and, thank you very much for sticking with us while we work out these technical issues.

Please do ignore any emails received. Everybody should be set for July as this was a system wide glitch.

Customer service is our number one priority so please reach out at any time for help! You can reach our customer service at (877) 663-6878 or email at [email protected].

THELOOKSTORE.com & THELOOKBAG.com"

I am not getting a very good impression from The Look bag.  Last week I got an email that my bag had been shipped only to later find out it was a "glitch" and that they usually ship around the 15th.  Today on facebook they announce the bags wont be ready for a while.  I am not impressed!

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not getting a very good impression from The Look bag.  Last week I got an email that my bag had been shipped only to later find out it was a "glitch" and that they usually ship around the 15th.  Today on facebook they announce the bags wont be ready for a while.  I am not impressed!
Actually, on facebook today they apologized for the delay and said they would be shipping out this week. They acknowledged the glitch in the system, and apologized for that as well.

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same.  I cancelled last month (and received a cancellation confirmation email).  Then they charged me again this month.  When I emailed them, informing them of the mistake, I received a rude reply back saying "I have refunded and make sure your account is cancelled."  As much as a complete lack of comprehension regarding the English language evokes confidence, considering that I canceled last month (and I got an email CONFIRMING that the cancelation went through), I have no faith in their ability run a business. 

I really would be less annoyed if they could at least be nice or apologize.  It's just silly how some companies have such wonderful customer service and others are downright rude.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same.  I cancelled last month (and received a cancellation confirmation email).  Then they charged me again this month.  When I emailed them, informing them of the mistake, I received a rude reply back saying "I have refunded and make sure your account is cancelled."  As much as a complete lack of comprehension regarding the English language evokes confidence, considering that I canceled last month (and I got an email CONFIRMING that the cancelation went through), I have no faith in their ability run a business. 

I really would be less annoyed if they could at least be nice or apologize.  It's just silly how some companies have such wonderful customer service and others are downright rude.
Actually, I think the poor/rude customer service is a very good indication that the company is in over their heads/not well run/just out to make a quick buck/not in it for the long haul (one or perhaps several). 

I get the impression that several of the subscription box companies jumped on the bandwagon when they saw how popular these services are, but did not have the infrastructure or supply lines to meet the demand.  Instead of starting small, ironing out the kinks, and growing organically, they bit off more than they could chew.

Has anyone received a shipping notification yet for their July bag? I haven't yet been charged and am wondering if I will even get a bag.

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received a shipping notification yet for their July bag? I haven't yet been charged and am wondering if I will even get a bag.
I have been charged but so far no shipping notice.. They said it should be mailed out this week, but they also told me it would be mailed out last week last time so who knows lol

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No shipping notification but I was charged on July 2nd.

I have not been charged yet either. I emailed them over a week ago, but have yet to receive a response.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been charged but so far no shipping notice.. They said it should be mailed out this week, but they also told me it would be mailed out last week last time so who knows lol
Yeah they really need to get their act together. They're great bags IMO but the company seems all over the place.
huh.gif

The silver lining to these companies (not just lookbag) messing up is that it makes the good ones look better. It also makes it an easier choice for me when I decide who to keep and who to unsub from each month.

According to their Facebook just now, they are discontinuing the Look Bag.

Dear The Look Bag subscribers:

As many of you know, we have been experiencing some troubles in the recent months with our beauty sample program The Look Bag. We have thought very long and hard about this decision and it very much saddens us to say that we have decided to discontinue The Look Bag while we refocus on The Look Store.com to bring you the very best in celebrity beauty picks. 

Those that have purchased gift subscriptions for 3, 6 and 12 months, or yearly subscriptions will be refunded for remaining months. Those who have not yet been charged for July, will not be receiving a July bag. 

We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience and as a thank you for sticking with us, we have decided to extend the 20% member discount through the end of the year!

We will be adding hundreds of new celebrities and over ten thousand new products so please visit The Look Store.com to stay up to date on the latest celebrity picks!!

Just posted from the look bag

Dear The Look Bag subscribers:

As many of you know, we have been experiencing some troubles in the recent months with our beauty sample program The Look Bag. We have thought very long and hard about this decision and it very much saddens us to say that we have decided to discontinue The Look Bag while we refocus on The Look Store.com to bring you the very best in celebrity beauty picks.

Those that have purchased gift subscriptions for 3, 6 and 12 months, or yearly subscriptions will be refunded for remaining months. Those who have not yet been charged for July, will not be receiving a July bag.

We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience and as a thank you for sticking with us, we have decided to extend the 20% member discount through the end of the year!

We will be adding hundreds of new celebrities and over ten thousand new products so please visit The Look Store.com to stay up to date on the latest celebrity picks!!

Another quote from their facebook

"If you were charged this month, you will get a bag. However, if you were not charged, you will not be and will not be receiving a bag."

I was charged so I just hope I don't have problems getting my bag like others in the past... I am kind of sad that they are discontinuing the look bag because they seemed to give out good samples. Maybe they will send out extras since this is the last bag....

I just received my first and ... apparently my last look bag today 

I bought subscription at the end of June and have been following up on lookbag from MUT 

and was a bit scared with all the bad customer service and lost bags

But the contents seem better than most of the items I received in a lot of the other sample boxes.

Sorry to see you go Lookbag :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Is everyone else able to see a crap ton of other peoples' subscriptions in their account page? When I click "view order" on any of them I can see ALL of their account info! Shipping address, billing address, last 4 of CC, etc.

Back