June 2012 - curlBOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quene8106

bonita applebum.
Reaction score
"A great place to live for all of our citizens".
Hello:

I got my june 2012 curlBOX this afternoon. This box is $20 a month but you get your money's worth.  This month they are sending out six different boxes and in past months everyone received the same box

Check out the details below and lemme know what you think  (warning: the spoiler is pic heavy) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Box contents:

Tropical Roots - Twist Cream (full size $4.99)

Nutress Hair - Wrap Guard Foam Wrap Lotion (1.7 fl oz) - not a wrap lotion person...this will go up for trade)

Bugs off Mosquito repellent band (taking this with me on vacay in july lol)

GroHealthy Milk and Protein Olive Oil Really Deep Conditioning Treatment (deluxe sample packet)

Curl Care - Frizz Control Serum (full size $8.99)

the inside of the card and coupons for products in the box

the back of the card.  It's a diy for tying a turban on your head.
Yay or nay?  I like to hear feedback (positive and negative or in between) 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I forgot a pic lol.  

They're little one use packet thingies of free your mane shampoo/conditioner/restorative hair oil and herbal cleanse dry shampoo.  Also a general card from Grohealthy and a coupon for purchasing free your mane products that expires on 6/30/12

This looks awesome! I could use that bug spray in Florida right about now with all that rain we've been getting. I saw your box from last month too... Looks like they have really good boxes and I want in. I've been on the fence about getting a craxebox but I think I may go with this instead.

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This looks awesome! I could use that bug spray in Florida right about now with all that rain we've been getting. I saw your box from last month too... Looks like they have really good boxes and I want in. I've been on the fence about getting a craxebox but I think I may go with this instead.
Yup.  They have really good boxes.  The May box was amazinggggggggg.  I think that it weighed at least 3 lbs and when you opened it, a whole bunch of confetti fell out.  I got confetti on the 6 train b/c I couldn't wait to get home to open my box LOL.  This one is just okay.  If anyone wants to trade anything in my box, let me know by tomorrow night.  The only thing that I have used is the curl care.  It smells like melon on my curls.  

Hey! I got my box yesterday too. I liked it. I am black and white and I have naturally curly hair. But I don't really have a problem with frizz! To be honest, it kind of sucks because I love hair products but I just don't find the need in using a lot of them nowadays because my hair actually doesn't need much. My curls are spirally, but I don't wear them out much because of shrinkage I received Curlicious cleansing cream (smells like dessert) That was full sized DR miracle frizz serum (smells so good) and that was full sized Then everything else I received was the same as yours. The only thing I dislike is the wrap lotion. I don't wrap my hair and never will...I don't wanna throw it away but....?! I just hope I don't get any products that are mainly for relaxed hair or braids etc. I wish they could customize the boxes slightly-since I'm sure there are a lot of different hair types that are subscribed. I should be able to check a box saying I dont wear braids or use relaxers. All in all, I enjoyed my box...I will stay subscribed awhile longer to see what happens. I'm very broke lol but I also hate the thought of canceling when it's so hard to get in! I like how their business is run

Originally Posted by luckylilme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

get it but sign up on their mailing list. their subscriptions sell out in less than 40 minutes. 

I missed the sign up again, but I wasnt that impressed with Junes Box for $20, just a few foil samples? I would not have been a happy camper. I guess all things happen for a reason. I will check back next month to see if it gets any better.

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I missed the sign up again, but I wasnt that impressed with Junes Box for $20, just a few foil samples? I would not have been a happy camper. I guess all things happen for a reason. I will check back next month to see if it gets any better.
Word.  I wasn't feeling my box.  May's box was beyond amazing and set the bar high.  I am still nowhere finishing using my samples from it.  I loved that when you opened the box, a whole bunch of confetti fell out.  I have wrap lotion and lotion for twists that I have no use for so that will go up for trade.  The free your mane samples were okay but I would probably need one more sample to make my final decision.  I'm going to a curlBOX even in Brooklyn on thursday and word is that there will be a goodie bag there so that will probably make up for this month.  There's also a box called curlkit out but i haven't subscribed to it yet.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Word.  I wasn't feeling my box.  May's box was beyond amazing and set the bar high.  I am still nowhere finishing using my samples from it.  I loved that when you opened the box, a whole bunch of confetti fell out.  I have wrap lotion and lotion for twists that I have no use for so that will go up for trade.  The free your mane samples were okay but I would probably need one more sample to make my final decision.  I'm going to a curlBOX even in Brooklyn on thursday and word is that there will be a goodie bag there so that will probably make up for this month.  There's also a box called curlkit out but i haven't subscribed to it yet.
I will have to look into that one, I am still looking for the perfect product for my curls. Nothing on you tube works, either too heavy or too light and my hair grows like a chia pet lol, I wish I was close to Brooklyn, would love the goody bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you have a coupon code or a referral code for either? Curlkit is open but curlbox is closed.

Do you have a coupon code or a referral code for either? Curlkit is open but curlbox is closed.
nope. sorry. 
frown.gif
 i got in trouble on here for posting a referral link to another sub.  just join their email list b/c they open subs at a specific time once a month

I will have to look into that one, I am still looking for the perfect product for my curls. Nothing on you tube works, either too heavy or too light and my hair grows like a chia pet lol, I wish I was close to Brooklyn, would love the goody bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
the event was nice and i got a deluxe sample of karen's luscious locks hair mask. no goody bag but they did have free drinks at this event :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the curl kit subscription, loved my first box. All was new to me, glad I got in, sorry curl box isn't working out for you.

Latest posts

Back