Just curious-why is MAC so popular?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
seems an overwhelming number of you talk about MAC a lot. What makes it so popular??

There was a similar thread here:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...ted-62281.html

I think it's because MAC is still cheaper than most high end brands (for now, but they keep raising prices), and a lot of their products are good.

Not to mention continuously coming out with new collections, so there's always something more to be desired.

I think it's the quality and the assortment of colors. I don't have much MAC Products but my stash grow's slowly
smile.gif

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif There was a similar thread here:https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...ted-62281.html

I think it's because MAC is still cheaper than most high end brands (for now, but they keep raising prices), and a lot of their products are good.

Not to mention continuously coming out with new collections, so there's always something more to be desired.

thanks, I did a search but couldn't find anything. there is no place near where I live that sells MAC so it drives me crazy that everyone raves about it and I can't try it!

You can order things online, and they're very good about returns.
smile.gif
You can also try to find swatches of the products online first, so you get a good idea about what you're ordering.

Yeah - it's a quality and selection thing. I stay with them because they actually have a wonderful customer service staff (at least for online).

I like MAC because they do have such a great color assortment, but I agree they are somewhat overrated. I think Stila, Urban Decay or Lorac are higher quality than MAC, but they don't have the huge color selection. At least as far as e/s and blush. Although, no one beats MACs MSF's!

MAC stands out because of its quality, innovative products and colors that can flatter and cater to each and every skintone!!

Oh and most importantly pigmentation!

I love the pigmentation in MAC eyeshadows and the their glossy lipglass
smile.gif

I like some of the mac brushes. I I like their pigmentation but i only ever really purchased 1-2 items. It's a personal taste but i like other brands more.

I like Mac because of the huge range of products and because they are constantly coming out with new things.

Last year was my first time trying their studio fix powder and concealer and I am hooked. My skin looks flawless(with drugstore powders and concealers it was impossible to conceal some of my imperfections.) and I am applying my makeup overall in less time.
laughing.gif

I love MAC for the quality, the huge selection of eyeshadows, the pigments and most of all the brushes

their e/s range is impressive and great, as well as their pigments, they also have regular new collections. i also have a MAC brush, and if it weren't for the price and my student wallet, i'd have them all.

I like Urban Decay the best but I have quite a bit of MAC because their shadow colors are so intense and the counter here at the mall has such sweet and helpful girls at it!
smile.gif

I'm a new MAC fan but the reason I like it is because everything seems to work so much better for me then drugstore brands. Especially the eyeshadows and foundation- I think they're the best I've tried but then again I havent tried many brands to begin with..but they work wonders for me so theres no need to spend more money on other brands when I have stuff that works. I would if I could though..but I love MAC.

Latest posts

Back