Just curious-why is MAC so popular?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care for MAC's face products - such as foundations, powders and that blasted scrobe cream. Any time I use any of these products I break out horribly and I normally don't break out.

I do like their other stuff
smile.gif

MAC has the best eye shadows I've ever used. Urban Decay is a close second though. I wasn't a big fan of their foundations until I tried Studio Tech. AMAZING coverage! I also love the staff! For me, price is a factor. I do frequent Sephora a lot for the different brands, but MAC is high-end cosmetics at a reasonable price. I mean I paid $24for a Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush at Sephora. MAC's blushes are what, $16 or $17?

I don't know, but all the talk about MAC makes me want to go and buy some!!
smile.gif

I like a lot of their colors, they have a good range and its good for every skin tone. I also like the packaging. To me its clean and easy to manage.

The things that make MAC so popular is that they are very very high quality products with good pigmentation.

Say for example I bought 3 drugstore e/s over 3 months and used them every day, I find that one MAC e/s will last those 3 months purely because you don't need to put as much on. The colour payoff is much better, and it actually worked out more economical for myself on everyday products.

xxx

I am a new to MAC, all I own is their eye shadow right now. I was curious too b/c everyone swears by them. I have liked what I have seen so far. The eye shadows that I own blend very nicely and look great!

I find that the eyeshadow and eyeliner just go on smoother and the colors seem deeper which I like. It's a little more expensive but worth a couple extra dollars!

MAC makes a wide variety of product formulations and colors, and they're always coming out with something new. I'm a sucker for their LE collections and reasonable prices. I don't think their foundations are anything to write home about, but I'm not sure that I could cope without their Satin formula eyeshadows! I'm slowly weaning myself off of MAC, but it's hard.. there should be a 12 step program for MAC addicts, lol!

I think it's because of the variety in colors of their eye shadows, also, some of their brushes are very good.

however, i tried their studio fix foundation and don't like it, for girls who need heavy coverage, this is the one for you but otherwise, this foundation is very thick and it makes my face look very cakey.

Over here it's one of the most expensive brands (Mac is sold exclusively in the most expensive department store in the country!), but for pigmented product you can't beat them, a pot of pigment will last you a lifetime, and the intensity of the l/s and e/s and liners is fantastic.

I've had much less success with the foundation - studio fix is fine for when I want heavy, pallid, gothic looks, but for daytime or more natural looks I find their product far too cakey.

I used to love mac but right now i'm more into MMU especially Everyday Minerals.

Over here mac is similarly priced to all other high end brands, i have about 6 brushes however refuse to buy anymore as i have found my cosmopolitan ones to be better! I'm always in love with their LE collections, however

their gloss and lipsticks are good, but their foundation is terrible. I tried studio fix...bad idea! i looked like tammy faye baker's sister!

Latest posts

Back