just got back from sephora...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i don't really need anything, so i only bought 2 things, 2 things i wanted so badly...

stila's cover up stick concealer

dior's dior addict ultra-shine lipstick in shiniest beige

both are horrible! the concealer is so dry and didn't cover up a thing, as well as hard to blend, and the lipstick, which was voted best nude, IS NOT BEIGE! it came out rosy on my lips. i have rosy lips, but come on, add some color.

i think janelle was the on curious about shiniest beige
confused.gif

they're both going back!

Originally Posted by Jennifer i don't really need anything, so i only bought 2 things, 2 things i wanted so badly...

both are horrible! the concealer is so dry and didn't cover up a thing, as well as hard to blend, and the lipstick, which was voted best nude, IS NOT BEIGE! it came out rosy on my lips. i have rosy lips, but come on, add some color.

confused.gif

they're both going back!

hmmm... I think that was the one I was liking online! LOL Sounds familiar! But I guess I won't be buying it! thanks chickie!
wink.gif
Sorry to hear you didn't like the stuff... do they have testers to try stuff out?
icon_wink.gif
I just won a MAC shadow on ebay "Electro Sky' that in the girl's pic looked like a nice light blue.. almost the color of this smiley --->
wink.gif
but after I bought it.. I saw a few other pics of it and it looks NOTHING like it! Looks like blueberry! (or a slightly darker version of MAC's electric eel... which I definitely Don't think would be 'me' at all)
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I feel for ya!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 hmmm... I think that was the one I was liking online! LOL Sounds familiar! But I guess I won't be buying it! thanks chickie!
wink.gif
Sorry to hear you didn't like the stuff... do they have testers to try stuff out?
icon_wink.gif
I just won a MAC shadow on ebay "Electro Sky' that in the girl's pic looked like a nice light blue.. almost the color of this smiley --->
wink.gif
but after I bought it.. I saw a few other pics of it and it looks NOTHING like it! Looks like blueberry! (or a slightly darker version of MAC's electric eel... which I definitely Don't think would be 'me' at all)
icon_rolleyes.gif
So I feel for ya!
wink.gif
aw, that sucks. i'm sorry
frown.gif

they do have testers, but i had a face full of makeup already, so i took everything off when i got home and tried it all on. i never use testers, anyway, for some reason. i feel like people watch me or i just don't do it as well as i would when i'm home LOL

Aw thats a pity Jennifer.. I was curious about Dior Addict Shiniest Beige too but i'll hold off for a while. Girls, remember if there's always your SWAP LISTS if ye cant return items
biggrin.gif

yeah, thank god i can return!
smile.gif

trisha, do you like the stila concealer? do you think it's too dry, as well?

Originally Posted by Trisha Yeah I use the both the cover up stick and the eye concealer, I dont find the cover up stick dry, infact mine is quite moist (in a good way), sorry yours was duff!! x very weird because mine was grossly dry. oh well. thanks!
smile.gif

Sorry you were disappointed! Maybe the concealer would work better if you use some moisturizer under the it, as well as mix the concealer with the moisturizing cream. Don't know if you want to go through all that.

I think I said something to you (may have not been you) earlier about shiniest beige... about how it's not so great or something. I also didn't like it because it's not beige- I think none of the addict ultra-shine l/s are nudes/beiges. I like the formula though... too bad.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i don't really need anything, so i only bought 2 things, 2 things i wanted so badly...

confused.gif

they're both going back!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Sorry you were disappointed! Maybe the concealer would work better if you use some moisturizer under the it, as well as mix the concealer with the moisturizing cream. Don't know if you want to go through all that. i was thinking of that, but the reason why i bought it was for quick touch-ups on the go. thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 I think I said something to you (may have not been you) earlier about shiniest beige... about how it's not so great or something. I also didn't like it because it's not beige- I think none of the addict ultra-shine l/s are nudes/beiges. I like the formula though... too bad. yeah, i love the formula! it wasn't beige at all!

Sorry they didn't work out for you. I read the same info about the shiniest beige being voted the best nude...good to know it's more rosy than beige.

I like the thickness of the MAC pot concealer but I gave it up because it's stupid to have to mix the damned thing with eye cream. Basically, it was costing me about 3x the price of the concealer alone.

MUFE life concealer is great. You may want to give it a shot.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i was thinking of that, but the reason why i bought it was for quick touch-ups on the go. thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 MUFE life concealer is great. You may want to give it a shot.
wink.gif
what's MUFE?

MAKE UP FOR EVER!!! I love the name!! (and the product too!!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer what's MUFE?

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU MAKE UP FOR EVER!!! I love the name!! (and the product too!!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh, thanks!
i've heard their concealer palette is really, really good. every time i go to sephora, i completely forget about this line.

THANKS, JESS!

You're welcome, Jennifer!

I have to LYK that although I LOVE the MUFE lift concealer, IDK if it actually "lifts" since I don't have a problem in the eye area that currently needs lifting. But it applies great.

I've seen the concealer palette. It looked great... now I want to grab one!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, thanks!
i've heard their concealer palette is really, really good. every time i go to sephora, i completely forget about this line.

THANKS, JESS!

Latest posts

Back