Just wanted to share some exciting news...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No more pencils

No more books

No more teacher's dirty looks yeah!

I am done with school! With the exception of a few tests, I can now proudly say that I am a college graduate!

recessrows.jpg

Originally Posted by Marisol

No more pencils No more books

No more teacher's dirty looks yeah!

I am done with school! With the exception of a few tests, I can now proudly say that I am a college graduate!

recessrows.jpg

did you graduate?

Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Although I must say I'm a little jealous
wink.gif
Fortunately I'll be done in December!

So do you have a job lined up? Or are you going to grad school?

Thanks all! I just wanted to share my exciting news with you!

Tony - last night was my last class of school. I go to University of Phoenix, which is an private university that caters to adults and people that can't do the traditional universities due to work or other circumstances.

I am got my bachelors in Business Management. Right now, I do have a real world job. I work for a financial institution and right now, I am being trained to be the back-up for the person that knows all of the system applications that we use at work. She wants to retire and needs someone who can learn the system inside and out. My boss thinks that in the future, it could be me. Besides that, I also do audits, work on special projects for our CEO, CFO and CAO. I have been working there for 6 years now and I have worked in different departments and thankfully have always been treated with respect. In March, I had my review and it was a good one. However, the raise I got did not meet my expectations. I talked to my boss about it and she understands my frustation and she is working on something for me so keep your fingers crossed.

If for some reason she cant get me a better raise, I may start looking for a better job. Now that I have my degree, it will open up a lot more doors and with my experience, I hope I can get a good job.

I am considering going for my Masters. But right now, I am going to take the summer off and worry about my MBA later. In three weeks, I am going with 16 peeps to Las Vegas to celebrate! I can't wait.

Originally Posted by Trisha yay well done Marisol!
OT I sent your brushes out, havent done the CD yet, will do it soon and send seperately! x

Thanks Trish. I cant wait to get them and the CD.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks all! I just wanted to share my exciting news with you!
Tony - last night was my last class of school. I go to University of Phoenix, which is an private university that caters to adults and people that can't do the traditional universities due to work or other circumstances.

I am got my bachelors in Business Management. Right now, I do have a real world job. I work for a financial institution and right now, I am being trained to be the back-up for the person that knows all of the system applications that we use at work. She wants to retire and needs someone who can learn the system inside and out. My boss thinks that in the future, it could be me. Besides that, I also do audits, work on special projects for our CEO, CFO and CAO. I have been working there for 6 years now and I have worked in different departments and thankfully have always been treated with respect. In March, I had my review and it was a good one. However, the raise I got did not meet my expectations. I talked to my boss about it and she understands my frustation and she is working on something for me so keep your fingers crossed.

If for some reason she cant get me a better raise, I may start looking for a better job. Now that I have my degree, it will open up a lot more doors and with my experience, I hope I can get a good job.

I am considering going for my Masters. But right now, I am going to take the summer off and worry about my MBA later. In three weeks, I am going with 16 peeps to Las Vegas to celebrate! I can't wait.

Thats great! Good Luck!
smile.gif
I'll be thinking of you when you're in VEGAS! I'm jealous!
tongue.gif

That's so awesome Marisol! Congrats on finishing your degree!

I've never been to Vegas (can you believe it?), so have FUN and LIVE IT UP!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux That's so awesome Marisol! Congrats on finishing your degree!I've never been to Vegas (can you believe it?), so have FUN and LIVE IT UP!
tongue.gif

You've never been to Vegas? You live so much closer than I to it. I think that everyone should experience Las Vegas at least once!

YAY! hopefully you'll be able to take a break and do something fun
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 YAY! hopefully you'll be able to take a break and do something fun
biggrin.gif
I know.. I am really looking forward to being able to enjoy my week nights and weekends. Not having to deal school work or my team members.
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back