Kara's Way-June Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my shipping notice. I am excited to see how the 2nd box is. I will give it about 4 months to make my choice. I was quite pleased with the 1st box. Anyone else get their notice?

I got my box today. I just love their shipping it shipped on Monday from CA and I received it today on the East Coast. I'll post pics shortly and description once I get home and can use the spoiler. I am very:eek: happy. I received 3 full size beauty items and 2 deluxe samples.

attachment

Here is what I got

1- Sante Naturkosmetik Mascara - Black full size.. This has a nice container and the brush is not to big and not to small. I am excited to see what the formula is like.

2- Sante Naturkosmetik Eyeshadow stick No8 full size- This is a nice color and reminds me of the Urban Decay eyeshadow stick JUJU. Goes on smooth

3- Alba lip balm- pineapple quench- full size- This smells amazing it is a clear lip balm that goes on very smooth and smells good enough to eat. Not sure how it differs from any other lip balm but I love them so I am happy.

4- 100% pure Organic coffee bean eye cream- .5 fl oz tube. This looks pretty interesting, it is sealed and I will not open until I am done with my other eye cream but it says it is good for puffiness, brightening, dark circles.. etc.yadda yadda

5- Olivenol Plus- Skin solutions- 15ml..tube- (deluxe sample size) its a moisturizer with a healing formula and a bunch of good stuff in it.
I am not sure if I did the pic spoiler and description correctly- srry if it does not look right.

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

attachment

Here is what I got

1- Sante Naturkosmetik Mascara - Black full size.. This has a nice container and the brush is not to big and not to small. I am excited to see what the formula is like.

2- Sante Naturkosmetik Eyeshadow stick No8 full size- This is a nice color and reminds me of the Urban Decay eyeshadow stick JUJU. Goes on smooth

3- Alba lip balm- pineapple quench- full size- This smells amazing it is a clear lip balm that goes on very smooth and smells good enough to eat. Not sure how it differs from any other lip balm but I love them so I am happy.

4- 100% pure Organic coffee bean eye cream- .5 fl oz tube. This looks pretty interesting, it is sealed and I will not open until I am done with my other eye cream but it says it is good for puffiness, brightening, dark circles.. etc.yadda yadda

5- Olivenol Plus- Skin solutions- 15ml..tube- (deluxe sample size) its a moisturizer with a healing formula and a bunch of good stuff in it.
I am not sure if I did the pic spoiler and description correctly- srry if it does not look right.

I got the same box! According to the email they sent out, there was only one other product that went out so I think all the boxes are similar. 

The Olivenol stuff REALLY smells like olives. It's definitely moisturizing but every time I got a whiff of it I want to break out some breadsticks and have a nice italian meal. My dog also loved it and would NOT stop licking it off me lol.

I love eye creams and find most of them irritating so it's great to try natural ones. So far I'm a fan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Also super excited to try the mascara and shadow stick! 

My lip balm came in Passion Fruit Guava which is ok but it sounds like the pineapple scent is a winner!

Unfortunately I had to cancel my subscription. I'm on a yearly Birchbox sub and just don't have the budget for another box right now.... Sad cause these boxes have some nice stuff in them !! Hopefully I'll be back soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About one of the products that smells so amazing even though it's a product that normally doesn't have a great scent at all.....

That mascara! Holy moly my eyelashes smell delicious. Also went on really well and make my eyelashes super long and thick. I love it! I usually wear waterproof mascara since I have issues with it running or flaking off, hopefully this has staying power cause it could be a new staple :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Was looking forward to this box, but found out my first one will be in JULY :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kara's Way looks like a keeper (as far as subscriptions go!)

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think my step mom said she's sent them 3 payments now and has yet to see a thing.
This is starting to make me really nervous. I think they've charged me twice now, but no box. I don't like it at all. Thanks for saying something.

Hi! I just wanted to chime in here - it looks like some people are having concerns over billing that I want to clear up. Unfortunately, due to the way our payment processor works right now, the day you sign up is the day you get billed for the next month. You'll be re-billed on this day every month. So it's entirely possible to be billed twice before receiving anything. If you signed up on June 1st, for example, you would be billed for July (since we bill for each month 1 month early), and then again on July 1st for August's box. 

I know this is frustrating and may seem questionable as multiple payments are being taken out before you've had a chance to evaluate anything. Hopefully we can chance this payment structure in the future, but rest assured I'm available to address any concerns in the meantime. I'm very appreciative of people that take that risk with a brand new company that is working to establish itself. Here's a solution I've offered to previous customers: if you did sign up in June and don't end up liking your July box, I can refund August's box, and cancel your subscription.

LauraBrooks: Please send me an email directly to [email protected] with your step mothers info, and I'll look into that- she shouldn't have been charged three times without receiving anything. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions!

- Maria

Originally Posted by whigrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is starting to make me really nervous. I think they've charged me twice now, but no box. I don't like it at all. Thanks for saying something.
I should add that I decided to cancel--just based on the billing system alone, no other reason.  I found out I had only been charged for 1 box, but was set to be charged for the 2nd box within a few days, which would have been before I got my first box.  Their customer service responded to my request to cancel very, very quickly and they were quite friendly about it too.  I am still looking forward to getting the 1 box I paid for.  If I like it, I may resub once they change their billing system.  It wasn't anything against Kara's Way specifically.  I didn't have any reason to distrust them.  But someone mentioned in another thread that the practice of billing so far in advance makes them worry that maybe the company needs the money from new customers to send out boxes to existing customers. Maybe they don't have enough capital to run their business.  Again, not saying this was the case here, but I'm sure it does happen.  After Myglam (which I never subbed to, thankfully) I think we are all a little nervous.  They really ripped people off.  I'm hoping Kara's Way will get up and going, be fabulous, and I'll go back to them again in the future.  Didn't want to make it seem like I had a bad experience from them.  I just didn't like the billing so far in advance, that's all.

Originally Posted by karasway /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! I just wanted to chime in here - it looks like some people are having concerns over billing that I want to clear up. Unfortunately, due to the way our payment processor works right now, the day you sign up is the day you get billed for the next month. You'll be re-billed on this day every month. So it's entirely possible to be billed twice before receiving anything. If you signed up on June 1st, for example, you would be billed for July (since we bill for each month 1 month early), and then again on July 1st for August's box. 

I know this is frustrating and may seem questionable as multiple payments are being taken out before you've had a chance to evaluate anything. Hopefully we can chance this payment structure in the future, but rest assured I'm available to address any concerns in the meantime. I'm very appreciative of people that take that risk with a brand new company that is working to establish itself. Here's a solution I've offered to previous customers: if you did sign up in June and don't end up liking your July box, I can refund August's box, and cancel your subscription.

LauraBrooks: Please send me an email directly to [email protected] with your step mothers info, and I'll look into that- she shouldn't have been charged three times without receiving anything. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions!

- Maria
Thanks for posting this here, I came to this thread looking for those exact answers. I Signed up on 6/11 and was charged then, it's 7/8 and I'm about to be charged again...which I understand. What concerns me is paying for the next month's box without having received the current month's box, like you said, without having a chance to evaluate the service/products. Will we be able to contact the company at any time during our subscription period (not just after the first box) and request a cancellation and refund of the following month? Thanks for the clarifications :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi- replied to your pm but yes to both! You can cancel any time, without question. Thanks for your support as we grow. =)

Originally Posted by karasway /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi- replied to your pm but yes to both! You can cancel any time, without question. Thanks for your support as we grow. =)
Thanks! I am very excited for my first box this month! 

Just got this message from Kara's Way:

Quote: Announcing:

We're Taking a Quick Break!   Whew! It's been a whirlwind three months! We've experienced an overwhelming response and appreciate your business. However, after much thought, we've decided to take a quick break and relaunch in October with a store and more features for your benefit.   We've listened to your feedback and are developing features you've requested. For example, many of you disliked being charged so far in advance, and we're going to change this. We want to focus on providing a positive customer experience rather than gaining as many subscribers as possible, so thank you in advance for your patience in our early stages.   For users who have signed up before June, your subscriptions have been cancelled and your July (or August payment, where applicable) have been refunded. For those that signed up in June, you'll still get a box for July, and your accounts have also been cancelled. You'll be the first to know when we re-open!   Please stay in contact with our Facebook page, as we're planning a giveaway and some other goodies. Thank you
Wow, taking a break til Oct. First the Look Bag goes down, and now Kara's way. Who knew forming a Sampling Program was so tough!

I received the message, too.  So sad.  But, I will be happy to sign up again when they are ready to start again.  Good luck to them!

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got this message from Kara's Way:

Wow, taking a break til Oct. First the Look Bag goes down, and now Kara's way. Who knew forming a Sampling Program was so tough!
Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the message, too.  So sad.  But, I will be happy to sign up again when they are ready to start again.  Good luck to them!
I received the same message as well. I really enjoyed my June box (first one I tried). I was disappointed to get that message, but hopefully they'll be back in October, and everything will be running smoothly! 

My credit card statement came today showing a charge for 6/20/2012, which should have been  for the July box. But I have no credit for not receiving the box.  I have been a subscriber since the started so I assumed I would be getting a refund.  Has anyone got the July box or a refund yet?

Latest posts

Back