Kardashians Launching Color Cosmetics Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I got a nickel for every time, I've read on a message board that someone is a hater, I'd be a very wealthy woman.

Originally Posted by MzBrownbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I got a nickel for every time, I've read on a message board that someone is a hater, I'd be a very wealthy woman.
I'f I had a penny for every time I have seen people judge a product just because they don't like the person who's name is on it, I'd be even richer.

Its the Kardashians for gods sake. People most of you have never met, yet loathe for no true apparent reason other than the fact that supposedly you are tired of their faces yet you all are the first to run towards a post containing their name. Lmao. It's ridiculous. When I am tired of seeing something, I don't look for it. When you repeatedly do so just with the intentions of writing something negative, that is when you look like a hater. No one forces you to click onto this post, or to watch their shows, or to shop where their clothing is sold. That is so weird to me, how humans somehow can't control their attraction to the things they supposedly hate.

You are absolutely right "No one forces you to click onto this post, or to watch their shows, or to shop where their clothing is sold" But in the case that we do. We are entitle to A) Display or dislikes and likes or B) not say anything at all. When ever there is a topic about something I see people saying "oh I like this" or "oh I don't like this" and Ive never in my opinion seen someone bash someone for liking something. SO why when people dont like something they have to be labeled a "hater". And as far as I know, these topics were sent to my email and naturally I open all of them to read. So I didnt seek this thread out.

On the topic. I don't care for the Kardashians. And no I didnt care about the products they are coming out with. I cared solely on if they got the opportunity because of what they have become or because they are skilled. To my knowledge celebrities get made up by someone most of the time. And lets be honest what is it that they have done for me to only like them. Like Oprah said to Kim "Do you think you would be here if there wasnt a sex tape". Yes, their careers as stylist could have taken them some where. But lets be honest. Their sisters sex tape took them off. Im sure most of these people who love them dont even know who their father is and what he has done and who he has worked for. And another thing she has the nerve to be disgusted by 16 and Pregnant. But yet you got caught up in a mistake as well. Come on. I dont hate them and I dont care for their so called career. I will not stand to be label a hater because I am content with my life and my Accounting career. On that note... The End.

Oh my...for those who are labeling people as haters, you could appear to be so as well. The point of these forums and threads is for people to be able to express their thoughts and opinions on a topic. Big deal, if people don't want to endorse a celebrity, that's for them and who cares. But really? A family famous for a dead father lawyer and a sex tape? Using a sex tape to launch your career...when did that become a great PR move? It just seems tacky. As far as the Justin Beiber "hater" lol..you just contradicted yourself. These celebrities make all kinds of stupid remarks..say one thing one day and something new the next. I personally don't want my neices/nephews and younger family members idolizing/emulating celebrities who put out things like sex tapes or cuss their parents out on national tv. I'd rather they look up to people with substance and character who are actually attempting to make a lasting impact, not just hot high heels and setting the next trend.

Ok, not to be contrary, but am I a Kat von D "hater" because I refuse to buy makeup products that enrich a woman with a known communicable disease who does NOT follow proper tattooing safety procedures? EVEN though I know that she is not the chemist behind the brand? 

As far as the Kardashians--I've never seen an episode of any of their shows. As far as I can tell, they are primarily famous for being famous--which, ok, I'd buy Angelyne cosmetics because she amuses me and she also is famous for being famous--but the simple way to remove that fame is by NOT paying attention to them. If the shows don't get ratings, the magazine covers don't sell, and the branded products become colossal flops, they'll kinda go away--look at the insane level of overexposure Paris Hilton had, and now she can't command anywhere NEAR the prices she once could. Simple as that.

You would think her last name was hitler by the way people act. Everyone has the right to express their opinion, but when you follow a celeb with intention of being negative towards them, you just look like a psycho. If you don't like them, don't buy their stuff and keep it moving. Don't click on threads involving them. Its that easy. I don't like paris hilton, so if I heard she had a makeup line, I would care less. Because if someone having a sex tape is that devastating to you, you need to avoid them at all cost. With all the true horrors in this world, a sex tape is the last of my concern. 

Shouldn't that read "Kolor Kosmetics Kollection?" 
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Honesty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You would think her last name was hitler by the way people act. Everyone has the right to express their opinion, but when you follow a celeb with intention of being negative towards them, you just look like a psycho. If you don't like them, don't buy their stuff and keep it moving. Don't click on threads involving them. Its that easy. I don't like paris hilton, so if I heard she had a makeup line, I would care less. Because if someone having a sex tape is that devastating to you, you need to avoid them at all cost. With all the true horrors in this world, a sex tape is the last of my concern. 

Bye girl fly girl....Your getting bent out of shape over Kim Kardashian; I can ask you the same question, do you know her personally? When you go off on other people who are just stating their opinions you actually look like the psycho you claim others to be. As far as going on Kim Kardashian boards, this is the first time I EVER stated any displeasure with or about the Kardashians. I wasn't aware that A) We're not allowed to make ANY negative statements regarding Kim Kardashian B) Your the moderator of this forum.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, not to be contrary, but am I a Kat von D "hater" because I refuse to buy makeup products that enrich a woman with a known communicable disease who does NOT follow proper tattooing safety procedures? EVEN though I know that she is not the chemist behind the brand? 

As far as the Kardashians--I've never seen an episode of any of their shows. As far as I can tell, they are primarily famous for being famous--which, ok, I'd buy Angelyne cosmetics because she amuses me and she also is famous for being famous--but the simple way to remove that fame is by NOT paying attention to them. If the shows don't get ratings, the magazine covers don't sell, and the branded products become colossal flops, they'll kinda go away--look at the insane level of overexposure Paris Hilton had, and now she can't command anywhere NEAR the prices she once could. Simple as that.
just curious since I don't really follow her career or anything, what is she sick with?

Herpes.

Yes, I know it's not always transferrable. That's not the point. The point is that when you HAVE a communicable disease and are working with open cuts, you should wear gloves. Period.

Regardless of if I like them or not, IMO the whole "Kardashian Brand" is pretty lackluster. Seems like a lot of ventures they have slapped their name or image on has either fallen through or been a complete bust. (Titles are linked to articles re: topic)

1. The Kardashian Kard

Some kind of prepaid credit card they were going to start pushing (similar to a Rush Card), but they ended up pulling it because of all the flack they were getting regarding the ridiculous fees associated with it. 

2. Shape Ups

Recently came under fire because their claims that the shoes would help people lose weight, with no research to speak of backing it up. Guess who their spokes model is?

3. Kardashian Kollection

I mean, come on. At Sears? I can understand Sears wanting to breathe life back into their stores, but really? No other retailer would pick it up? No thanks. Not to mention, the Kardashians (or whoever designed these bags) are under fire for how closely the resemble high end purses. 

4. Quick Trim

Ok, we all (ok MOST people) know there is no magic pill. Control your portions and work out. That's how you will lose weight. Unfortunately, the power of marketing with 'mega celebrities' makes some people believe they have found a magic pill, because a big celebrity endorses it. According to the current class action lawsuit: â€œThe FDA has in fact determined that ‘there are inadequate data to establish the general recognition of the safety and effectiveness’ of caffeine for the specified use of weight control,†.

The point Im trying to make is, of their various brand affiliations and endeavors, none have ended up being particularly impressive or successful. I wont be purchasing any of their cosmetics, can you blame me? The brand already has a poor track record, whats to say their cosmetics will be any different?

Who said anything about hating or 'loathing' them? I sure didn't and I have yet to read a comment from anyone stating they hate the Kardashians. I feel like they're are overexposed and a tad bit greedy. I'm not jealous of them, I don't want to be a reality star, I have no desire to have cameras in my face 24/7 with absolutely no privacy. That's a hater. Someone who covets something that another person has. Someone created the thread and the last time I checked, a forum or discussion board only works when people actually discuss the topics. Just like we talk about other makeup/cosmetic lines that we like or don't like. So are some people 'haters' because they don't like MAC? Am I a hater because I don't like Benefit? Wow. There wouldn't be a point to having these platforms if people could only say how much they love something. Just because someone dislikes or doesn't agree with something, someone is quick to call them a hater.

Originally Posted by Honesty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'f I had a penny for every time I have seen people judge a product just because they don't like the person who's name is on it, I'd be even richer.

Its the Kardashians for gods sake. People most of you have never met, yet loathe for no true apparent reason other than the fact that supposedly you are tired of their faces yet you all are the first to run towards a post containing their name. Lmao. It's ridiculous. When I am tired of seeing something, I don't look for it. When you repeatedly do so just with the intentions of writing something negative, that is when you look like a hater. No one forces you to click onto this post, or to watch their shows, or to shop where their clothing is sold. That is so weird to me, how humans somehow can't control their attraction to the things they supposedly hate.

Agreed! Just because u don't like something or what a person stands for, ur a hater. Nothing else to say so let's just throw hater out there.

Originally Posted by DimplesIdea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are absolutely right "No one forces you to click onto this post, or to watch their shows, or to shop where their clothing is sold" But in the case that we do. We are entitle to A) Display or dislikes and likes or B) not say anything at all. When ever there is a topic about something I see people saying "oh I like this" or "oh I don't like this" and Ive never in my opinion seen someone bash someone for liking something. SO why when people dont like something they have to be labeled a "hater". And as far as I know, these topics were sent to my email and naturally I open all of them to read. So I didnt seek this thread out.

On the topic. I don't care for the Kardashians. And no I didnt care about the products they are coming out with. I cared solely on if they got the opportunity because of what they have become or because they are skilled. To my knowledge celebrities get made up by someone most of the time. And lets be honest what is it that they have done for me to only like them. Like Oprah said to Kim "Do you think you would be here if there wasnt a sex tape". Yes, their careers as stylist could have taken them some where. But lets be honest. Their sisters sex tape took them off. Im sure most of these people who love them dont even know who their father is and what he has done and who he has worked for. And another thing she has the nerve to be disgusted by 16 and Pregnant. But yet you got caught up in a mistake as well. Come on. I dont hate them and I dont care for their so called career. I will not stand to be label a hater because I am content with my life and my Accounting career. On that note... The End.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my...for those who are labeling people as haters, you could appear to be so as well. The point of these forums and threads is for people to be able to express their thoughts and opinions on a topic. Big deal, if people don't want to endorse a celebrity, that's for them and who cares. But really? A family famous for a dead father lawyer and a sex tape? Using a sex tape to launch your career...when did that become a great PR move? It just seems tacky. As far as the Justin Beiber "hater" lol..you just contradicted yourself. These celebrities make all kinds of stupid remarks..say one thing one day and something new the next. I personally don't want my neices/nephews and younger family members idolizing/emulating celebrities who put out things like sex tapes or cuss their parents out on national tv. I'd rather they look up to people with substance and character who are actually attempting to make a lasting impact, not just hot high heels and setting the next trend.

Honesty: Did you create an account just to comment on this thread? Your only two posts are on here. What's it to you anyway that we have anything "negative" to say about the Kardashians? 

!!!

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honesty: Did you create an account just to comment on this thread? Your only two posts are on here. What's it to you anyway that we have anything "negative" to say about the Kardashians? 

I'm really over trying to explain myself or justify why I feel a certain way. By the whole line of Kardashian Kolor or whatever it's called but no one is giving u a hard time because of it. So why r u guys tripping because we have a variance of opinions regarding their brand/cosmetic line? We should all be able to express ourselves and opinions without being bashed.

Actually Johnnie I am Kim Kardashian so I have a reason to reply in this thread
plain.gif

Anyway, Beautii, for you to be so tired, you have been posting up a storm when I've only said two things, neither of which not even directed towards you. I stated my opinion just as you stated yours, so please move on. We get it, you dislike people who you have never met and you can bash them via the internet but can't deal with others supposedly bashing you. Understood.  

Back