Kate Middleton Topless Photo Scandal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read up on this, after learning the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge decided to sue the French magazine Closer for publishing topless photos of Kate while the couple was on vacation. I recall in one article, Kate was willing to let the issue blow over and it was William who pressed for the lawsuit. I wonder if his notion to take a firm stance is heavily influenced by his mother and her death in that horrific car crash. Which occurred because Princess Di and her boyfriend were trying to elude overzealous paparazzi. Coincidence?

Personally I hate the fact that we, as a society, are so hungry for any tidbit of information that we almost froth at the mouth for crap like this.

It's disgusting. Athletes, Royalty, whatever, at the end of the day, they are still people too and have a right to some semblance of privacy. 

I agree to an extent. I believe that part of being a celebrity or any kind of famous person means there is public access to you, but there still needs to be privacy. So there should be boundaries. The couple was on private property, in a secluded chateau owned by a royal cousin. Ooo.. celebrities with kids being hounded by paparazzi really irks me, too and I can totally understand people flying off the handle then.

if its someone famous, its ok, but if it was for a normal person, im sure thats an invasion of privacy....

I don't see it as a scandal. If she were with a different man then it's a scandal but she was with her husband. Invasion of privacy? Yes. Scandal? No.

Scandal is a subjective term, then, but I think it's definitely sensational on some level, as it's an invasion of privacy. It's going too far and other than a photo or two of them on the beach during their honeymoon, Kate's never been photographed with so little on. I can empathize for the prince, since he grew up watching his mother constantly hounded by the paparazzi and the circumstances surrounding her death.

Its sad. The paparazzi is crazy. I feel bad for her, but on the other hand also it is taking a big risk!

No matter where you are or even if you "think" you are alone, expecially being a celebrity, you need

to always make sure that a creeper or a picture can't be taken of you that you don't want anyone to see.

Latest posts

Back