Katherine Heigl: Nobody Thought I'd Win the Emmy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
katherine_heigl180.jpg

Nobody was more surprised than Katherine Heigl's own parents when the Grey's Anatomy star won the Emmy for outstanding supporting actress in a drama on Sunday.

Heigl, 29, phoned into the Ellen DeGeneres show on Tuesday to say her mother told her: "This year, you know, with The Sopranos women being nominated and it being their last year of the show, I really think they're going to win – so I don't want you to be disappointed if you don't."

The Sopranos stars Lorraine Bracco and Aida Turturro were up for the honor this year, as were Grey's costars Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson, and Brothers and Sisters actress Rachel Griffiths.

Heigl, who originally announced while accepting the award Sunday that her mother didn't think she'd win, told DeGeneres that her mom did say: "I love you and you're always a winner."

As for her father: "He had a big party in Georgia, and the party was for 'Its just great to be nominated,' which turned into, 'It's a hell of a lot better to actually win,' " Heigl said. "Even my dad was like in shock and said, 'I really didn't think you'd win.' Nobody thought I was going to win."

Of not expecting to hear her name announced, she said, "It's more fun that way because you can't get let down and you can only be excited about it."

In fact, Heigl is still in shock over her good fortune. Asked by DeGeneres if the news had sunk in, she said, "Like, it's not sinking in."

There was one person, however, who believed in her: Heigl's costar and good friend, T.R. Knight, who was sitting next to her during the award show.

"What did T.R. Knight whisper in your ear right before you went on stage?" asked DeGeneres.

"I think he said, 'You deserve it.' I can't quite remember. He's a tremendous supporter and such an awesome friend," said Heigl. "It was so great that he was sitting right there so I could just grab him for a couple more seconds before I had to get up there."

ever since she had an affair with george on greys i cant stand her, im such a dork i know

I think she looks like the Hollywood star icons. Pure class. Beautiful and she seems really down to earth and sweet.

If she won the Emmy for last year's season with the whole Danny-saga, than whoop for her. But for the shitty season of Gray last season - her character was boooooo.

This is who I think did best for each season because I think it each dedicates mainly to one character (and yes, I have no life):

First season - Sandra Oh

Second season - Katherine Heigl

Third - TR Knights/Ellen Pompeo

I love her. You can't fault an actress for a bad storyline...I agree I did NOT like Izzie's storyline in Grey's last season but Katie Heigl's not at fault for that...Shonda is. She's a good actress and I have nothing but love for her and Sandra Oh
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back