Katrina hits Florida: 3 dead; 1 million in dark

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And this is where I was suppose to be as of lastnight...
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/2...orm/index.html

Thank goodness for postponements.

A bunch of our Brokers in FL closed early... they said it was getting really bad. Wonder if they are in the 'dark' area now....
icon_confused.gif
Glad you didn't go Sofia!Now I just have to check on some friends that live down there
icon_neutral.gif

Thats so scary! Thank god you didnt go Sofia! I've never been in a hurricane but it looks veryyyyyyy scary!

Thanks, Charmaine & Leta. Me too, Janelle. I keep calling my family down there, but I guess cell-phones are out, too. All my calls keep going to voicemail, which is usually never the case even at this time of night.

Thank goodness I'm such a news & weather junkie, cause I would have been right in it if I didn't stay on top of this. Hurricane Andrew was more than enough for me to last a lifetime.

I hope everyone gets through this alright.

That's bad news.

I hope FL MUTers are ok.

Typhoon season is coming in Japan as well in September.

I hate typhoon..

Originally Posted by Leony That's bad news.I hope FL MUTers are ok.

Typhoon season is coming in Japan as well in September.

I hate typhoon..

This might be a stupid question but whats a Typhoon? I heard it before but never knew what it was
icon_redface.gif

Hehe, it's OK Leta.

Typhoon is pretty similar with hurricane in levels of destructiveness, but it also brought more storms and flood. Many people died in Japan because of typhoon.

I'm not sure, but I think it only hit Asia (western Pacific or Indian oceans).

Woah.. i'm glad you're ok Sofia. I think the number of people dead now has risen to 4

Wow, thanks for the info Kim. I never knew what a typhoon was either. LOL "willy willys"!!!

wow. i'm so glad you didn't go, sofia. i also hope everyone's okay down there. it's really a scary thing.

Sofia,

Thank God you didn't go! I live in Florida but I'm in the Tampa Bay area, fortunately we didn't get hit, But I always watch the weather channel, You never know when the big one is gonna hit.
icon_sad.gif

I feel for those who did get hit.

Lisa

Oh thats awful. Anyone that needs a place to stay with no hurricanes or typhoons should move out to California and stay with me!

Latest posts

Back