Keeping Skin Oil-Free All Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Master Class with Alison Raffaele: Keeping Skin Oil-Free All Day

<!-- End: contenthead -->

mc_oil_01.jpg

<!-- End: byline --><!-- Begin: Related Links -->In creating her line of custom formulations of concealer, foundation, powder and blush, former Bobbi Brown Essentials' Makeup Artist Alison Raffaele was inspired to help all women bring out their own special beauty. Alison now uses her Skin Alison Raffaele products to enhance famous faces (Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow and Sigourney Weaver) as well as the faces of women everywhere. She often works as a makeup artist for magazines like Mademoiselle and Glamour as well as television shows like Good Morning America, The Today Show and Late Show with David Letterman.

To keep skin oil-free and shine-free all day:

STEP 1 Cleanse your face every morning and evening. When cleansing at night, use a makeup remover before cleansing.

Tip: If your skin is oily, use witch hazel after cleansing. If you have oily skin, you might not need to moisturize daily. However, if your cleanser dries your skin, use a light, oil-free moisturizer.

STEP 2 Cover your blemishes with concealer. You might need two different colors of concealer: one for the hairline and one for the cheeks. One shade should match your skin tone exactly; the other should be slightly darker for covering redness and blemishes (to make the covered blemishes appear more natural and blend better with your skin tone).

Tip: If your skin is oily and blemished, you may need additional coverage from your makeup. Invest in a top-quality oil-free foundation. Even though you may require a lot of coverage, don't use a heavy coat of foundation; use it only to even out your skin tone.

STEP 3 Set your face with colorless, oil-free powder.

Tip: When touching up during the day, first blot the skin with oil-blotting paper (always blot your face before applying another coat of powder or the powder will appear thick and heavy). During the day, use the same sheer powder for touch-ups. If you use a compact press powder, store the puff facing the mirror (away from the makeup) so the oil from the puff doesn't mix with the powder. Wash the puff weekly with water and mild shampoo to keep it oil- and bacteria-free.

Tip: If you experience consistent acne problems, see a dermatologist. Fortunately, acne is considered a medical, not a cosmetic, condition, and many acne prescriptions are covered by health insurance.

To keep skin oil-free and shine-free all day long Alison Raffaele recommends the following products:

<!-- row 1 starts -->

Shiseido The Skincare Eye and Lip Makeup Remover This makeup remover is a gentle, effective way to take off lip color and eye makeup.

Price: $19 for 2.5 oz.

Available: Fine department and specialty stores; Nordstrom's beauty hotline, (800) 7-BEAUTY; or Shiseido.com

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin Get that squeaky-clean feel without drying your face with this liquid facial cleanser.

Price: $6 for 8 oz.

Available: Mass market retailers

Skin Allison Rafaele True Concealer Use this concealer to hide your blemishes, available in seven shades for each and every skin color and tone.

Price: $22.50

Available: Beauty.com, TrueConcealer.com

Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Foundation You'll get an even look with this foundation because it blends seamlessly and keeps skin looking fresh for hours.

Price: $35

Available: BobbiBrownCosmetics.com

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Liquid Foundation For a matte finish all day, apply Laura Mercier’s liquid foundation at the start of your makeup routine. It goes on evenly and provides hours of coverage.

Price: $38

Available: Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel, Neiman Marcus

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks for this Diane, I have very oily skin and always like to read ideas to keep it at bay!! x Me too!
smile.gif

Great article! Another reason for me to try Laura Mercier foundation
icon_wink.gif
...I keep wanting to try it but I'm holding off because of the price....hopefully one of these days.

I've always had combo/oily skin but this winter it's been more dry. It's bizarre and probably won't last so I'm preparing for spring & summer.
biggrin.gif

Trisha, have you heard of Ariane Poole London Cosmetics? She launched her line into Sephora at (Bluewater, London) in November? She also sells her products on QVC,UK. I'm wondering because I've heard some good reviews about her products and two of them are mattifier's.

http://www.arianepoole.com/

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks for this Diane, I have very oily skin and always like to read ideas to keep it at bay!! x

Reija, have you tried samples of the foundation?

I'm glad you all enjoyed the article.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Great article! Another reason for me to try Laura Mercier foundation
icon_wink.gif
...I keep wanting to try it but I'm holding off because of the price....hopefully one of these days.

Latest posts

Back