Kevin Federline to Guest Star on One Tree Hill

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kevin Federline has landed a guest-starring role on the CW's One Tree Hill.

In the multi-episode arc, the would-be rapper plays Jason, "a cocky, enigmatic frontman" for No Means Yes, a legendary rock band in the show's fictional setting of Tree Hill, N.C, according to the network.

"Kevin came in and (auditioned) and he did a great job," Mark Schwahn, the creator of One Tree Hill, tells PEOPLE. "He really seemed like a sweet guy and I just felt that he would be great in that."

Schwahn acknowledges "people will say this smells of stunt casting" because of Federline's "really high public persona right now."

"I have to honestly say he was a good fit for the character," says Schwahn. "I don't know anything about the kid but he seemed very sweet and very sincere about working hard and embracing the opportunity. It's just about being good in the role."

This is the budding actor's second dramatic role. Last year, he guest-starred on an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as a young thug named Cole Tritt.

For the role, Federline donned a pig mask – and was a part of the episode that scored CSI an Emmy nomination for outstanding non-prosthetic makeup this year.

Of course, in 2005, Federline and his then-wife, Britney Spears, appeared on the UPN reality show, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, which documented the early stages of their relationship.

And Federline played a fry cook who dreams of stardom in a Nationwide insurance ad that aired during the Super Bowl. As he told PEOPLE at the time, "I was skeptical at first. The whole idea of poking fun at myself – that's where I was iffy."

Meanwhile, Federline's former flame, Shar Jackson, with whom he has two children, is also doing a guest appearance on a CW show: She plays a young mom on Everybody Hates Chris in an episode this fall.

SOURCE - PEOPLE.COM

Latest posts

Back