Kevyn Auccoin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always been curious about his products since he was such an amazing MA.

Does any of you use his products? And where can I find them? Only searched around in Europe, but never seen any stores that have them.

I've never tried them but I think some are available at Sephora. I've always been curious about them, myself.

I use and really like the SSE foundation, I use it as a concealer though. I've also got one of the lipsticks, it's really nice, but imo not really worth the $$$, you can get cheaper ones that are just as nice.

Have his book but never tried his makeup... or ever seen it for sale anywhere....

I know it used to be availables on Victoria's Secret site, but I am not sure if it still is. You can also check beauty.com.

I want to try the liquid cyber lipgloss, but the price tag!

i used to use his sensual skin enhancer as a concealer til i found mineral makeup. now, i don't reach for it anymore. i tried his lipsticks and they're SOOO creamy, but i wasn't crazy about any of the shades.

i bought it online from his website and also from soho in nyc.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never tried them but I think some are available at Sephora. I've always been curious about them, myself. sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff
smile.gif

there are a few really high end stores ive seen them at (i was in chicago when i finally saw the line).

but when i looked at them i wasnt too impressed.

His line is very advanced. I have heard great things about KA SSE, powder, lipglosses. He studies in Japan.

Originally Posted by CuTeLiCiOuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif His line is very advanced. I have heard great things about KA SSE, powder, lipglosses. He studies in Japan. who studies in japan? if you're talking about kevyn, he passed away years ago.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used to use his sensual skin enhancer as a concealer til i found mineral makeup. now, i don't reach for it anymore. i tried his lipsticks and they're SOOO creamy, but i wasn't crazy about any of the shades.
i bought it online from his website and also from soho in nyc.

sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff
smile.gif

I so still need to get this! KA SSE is on my wishlist! LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I so still need to get this! KA SSE is on my wishlist! LOL! Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff
smile.gif
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif
I knew I had seen it online somewhere but now that someone mentioned Victorias Secret I think I must have mistaken the two websites.

Originally Posted by KittyM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have always been curious about his products since he was such an amazing MA.Does any of you use his products? And where can I find them? Only searched around in Europe, but never seen any stores that have them.

You can purchase his products by vistinig: Kevynaucoin.com, also I thought I heard somewhere that his products were being sold in Saks or Neiman Marcus.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online. In regards to finding a color for the SSE:Call one of the Neiman's that carries the line. I did this. I gave them the color of foundation I use for Estee Lauder and they matched me up perfectly. I was reluctant but it worked out great. I use this as a concealer and I'll have to throw it away from it getting old before I can possibly use it all. It's a small container but the amount of a pin head is all you need for one blemish. I use it for that and the sides of my nose where i have those stubborn broken little veins. UGGGH. But this stuff is gold to me.

Originally Posted by Bellagigi /img/forum/go_quote.gif In regards to finding a color for the SSE:Call one of the Neiman's that carries the line. I did this. I gave them the color of foundation I use for Estee Lauder and they matched me up perfectly. I was reluctant but it worked out great. I use this as a concealer and I'll have to throw it away from it getting old before I can possibly use it all. It's a small container but the amount of a pin head is all you need for one blemish. I use it for that and the sides of my nose where i have those stubborn broken little veins. UGGGH. But this stuff is gold to me.

can you use it as a foundation too?

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you use it as a foundation too? I had a bad breakout once where my skin was just terrible. I used it as a foundation by "spot" applying it with my fingertips rather than trying to saturate my entire face. Keep in mind this stuff covers everything so the look it doesn't exactly let your own skin show through. What's nice is the coverage can be controlled and it can go on light. But if you put it on too thick it can end up being a bit theatrical.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online. use this guide...
try this chart. credit goes to azn_babay_kat on MUA.

SX1 -- Lighter than PPP, lighter than MAC NC15, neutral undertones

SX2 -- PPP with rosy undertones, MAC NW15

SX3 -- PPP with yellow undertones, MAC NC15

SX4 -- LLL, strong yellow undertones, MAC C2

SX5 -- LLL, neutral with slight yellow undertones, MAC NC20/NW20

SX6 -- LLL/FFF, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC25/30

SX7 -- FFF, neutral but with more yellow undertones, MAC C3

SX8 -- MMM, strong yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35/C4 (*note: C4 is lighter than NC35 but more yellow)

SX9 -- MMM, rosy undertones, MAC NW35/40

SX10 -- MMM, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35

SX11 -- GGG, yellow undertones, MAC NC40/43

SX12 -- GGG/DDD, yellow undertones, MAC NC43/45

SX13 -- neutral undertones, MAC NC50, N4 (C6 could work too, but might not be yellow enough)

SX14 -- strong red undertones, MAC NW50

SX15 -- rosy brown undertones, what W7 would look like, think C7 depth but with pink undertones.

SX16 -- golden brown undertones, MAC C8-N9.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif
I knew I had seen it online somewhere but now that someone mentioned Victorias Secret I think I must have mistaken the two websites. victoria's secret DID carry it, but they had like, 3 shades and they weren't even the right shade names.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you use it as a foundation too? like she said above, yeah, but you need to mix it with moisturizer. it's very tricky, so i only used it as a concealer.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif use this guide...
try this chart. credit goes to azn_babay_kat on MUA.

SX1 -- Lighter than PPP, lighter than MAC NC15, neutral undertones

SX2 -- PPP with rosy undertones, MAC NW15

SX3 -- PPP with yellow undertones, MAC NC15

SX4 -- LLL, strong yellow undertones, MAC C2

SX5 -- LLL, neutral with slight yellow undertones, MAC NC20/NW20

SX6 -- LLL/FFF, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC25/30

SX7 -- FFF, neutral but with more yellow undertones, MAC C3

SX8 -- MMM, strong yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35/C4 (*note: C4 is lighter than NC35 but more yellow)

SX9 -- MMM, rosy undertones, MAC NW35/40

SX10 -- MMM, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35

SX11 -- GGG, yellow undertones, MAC NC40/43

SX12 -- GGG/DDD, yellow undertones, MAC NC43/45

SX13 -- neutral undertones, MAC NC50, N4 (C6 could work too, but might not be yellow enough)

SX14 -- strong red undertones, MAC NW50

SX15 -- rosy brown undertones, what W7 would look like, think C7 depth but with pink undertones.

SX16 -- golden brown undertones, MAC C8-N9.

victoria's secret DID carry it, but they had like, 3 shades and they weren't even the right shade names.

like she said above, yeah, but you need to mix it with moisturizer. it's very tricky, so i only used it as a concealer.

thanks!!! So I guess I would be either S8 or S10.... Hmmmm....

Latest posts

Back