Kevyn Aucoin questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for anyone familiar with his products, what do you think of...

...flesh-toned liner? in pics, it looks a little like mac's subculture, which i already have.

...sensual skin enhancer? i've heard raves from trisha, lilla, etc., but i wanna hear more to justify spending $42 on it LOL i'm a stila 40 watts, mac nw20. do you think light or medium would be best?

...lip tint, especially in caramellina? i'm looking for a nice, everyday, basic beige/nude.

thanks, in advance
cool.gif

Ill definitly help ya out . . . Tommorow! hehe, srry its late here so im off ta bed, but ill give ya all the info u need then!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i think you have to mix the SSE with moisturizer or something to make it look right. at least that's what i have heard/read

Ok, now i can help! Ok, i am not sure what MAC pencil ur talking about but the Flesh toned lip pencil is a medium flesh shade, maybe like MAC spice i think i heard. . . Dunno, but i love it of course! The SSE is awesome! There really isnt anything else like it, it can be used as a concealer, (partial or full) foundation, highlighter or contour. I tell people to get two shades usually, one light and one dark both matching ur undertone, so that u can use it all the diff. ways, and (even if u tan) you will always be able to match the perfect shade for u. I know $42 is a lot, but the little pots lasts for like a year and a half using it every day - u only need a pin-head amount to cover your whole face and neck. I do always rec. that people mix it with a moisturizer, as its REALLY thick in the pot (use less moist. as a concealer), and it gives it a better slip, making it both easier to apply and an awesome finish. Im gonna post a before and after pic of a womans makeup i did to show the true power of this stuff! As far as your color - email me and ill try to match u better!

Ooh, and Carmalina and tatjanaberry (grayish pink) are both my HG nude lippies, with the versuvian gloss, i wear these almost daily!

DSCN0991.jpg
DSCN0993.jpg

Oh my god, the before & after pics are amazing.. You're making me want the SSE so bad now! Eekk...
biggrin.gif

Wow what an incredible transformation!! Awesome product. ....I have the very lightest SSE and you are right, a little goes a heck of a long way!

thanks so much, everyone!

elise, wow! i'm convinced. not sure about the lip liner because i hated spice, so i'll lay off that until i can get to a counter. i'm gonna get the caramellina (sp?) and SSE in light, i think. i'd LOVE to get 2 colors, but can't afford that right now (or my mom would kill me LOL). i'll be using it as a concealer mostly, so it's better to be a tiny bit lighter than darker, right?

i'm gonna order it off victoriassecret.com, but i wanna check around for maybe cheaper shipping prices on different websites that offer KA's stuff.

thanks again!

Originally Posted by KMEFH Ok, now i can help! Ok, i am not sure what MAC pencil ur talking about but the Flesh toned lip pencil is a medium flesh shade, maybe like MAC spice i think i heard. . . Dunno, but i love it of course! The SSE is awesome! There really isnt anything else like it, it can be used as a concealer, (partial or full) foundation, highlighter or contour. I tell people to get two shades usually, one light and one dark both matching ur undertone, so that u can use it all the diff. ways, and (even if u tan) you will always be able to match the perfect shade for u. I know $42 is a lot, but the little pots lasts for like a year and a half using it every day - u only need a pin-head amount to cover your whole face and neck. I do always rec. that people mix it with a moisturizer, as its REALLY thick in the pot (use less moist. as a concealer), and it gives it a better slip, making it both easier to apply and an awesome finish. Im gonna post a before and after pic of a womans makeup i did to show the true power of this stuff! As far as your color - email me and ill try to match u better!
Ooh, and Carmalina and tatjanaberry (grayish pink) are both my HG nude lippies, with the versuvian gloss, i wear these almost daily!

DSCN0991.jpg
DSCN0993.jpg

Hey Elise,could you help me pick the right color for me,the light kind of looks dark enough but i am not sure.I am going to order it from victoria secret .com!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey Elise,could you help me pick the right color for me,the light kind of looks dark enough but i am not sure.I am going to order it from victoria secret .com!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
don't follow those colors on VS.com! i was thinking why there was such a limited shade selection. here are the real shades...
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...&cmCat=beauty1

you can also order them from kevynaucoin.com.

why did VS do that? they're the same product, right?
icon_question.gif

elise, how will you be able to determine our shading? do you need pics?

Originally Posted by Jennifer don't follow those colors on VS.com! i was thinking why there was such a limited shade selection. here are the real shades...
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...&cmCat=beauty1

you can also order them from kevynaucoin.com.

why did VS do that? they're the same product, right?
icon_question.gif

elise, how will you be able to determine our shading? do you need pics?

Thanks for the heads up!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

This one is for KMEFH... I have light skin will the SSE in 05 will be to dark on me? I also use a bronzer (stila #1) can I use the two of them at the same time?

Ok, no one pick ur color of the VS website, i just saw that and im finding out what actual shades "light, neutral, and medium" are soon. If u need to match ur tone, posting a pic helps (in natural light), shades of diff. brands help big time, and other than that im pretty god at guessin!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
As for where to actually get it from, i would suggest the website or a counter as first choice, and then VS, at least until i know what shades those are. After all u want to get what u order, and not an old or opened product, and theres no garantee anywhere else.

thanks so much!

i just ordered carmellina and tatjanaberry off beauty.com because i ordered some other stuff on drugstore.com
icon_cheesygrin.gif
can you take a pic with them on? i'm dying to see what they look like. i'm sorry i'm so annoying LOL!

i'm gonna save sse for a time when i'm in the city again because i wanna see how the texture is, colors, etc. it's too expensive for me to order online without trying first.

thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by KMEFH Ok, now i can help! Ok, i am not sure what MAC pencil ur talking about but the Flesh toned lip pencil is a medium flesh shade, maybe like MAC spice i think i heard. . . Dunno, but i love it of course! The SSE is awesome! There really isnt anything else like it, it can be used as a concealer, (partial or full) foundation, highlighter or contour. I tell people to get two shades usually, one light and one dark both matching ur undertone, so that u can use it all the diff. ways, and (even if u tan) you will always be able to match the perfect shade for u. I know $42 is a lot, but the little pots lasts for like a year and a half using it every day - u only need a pin-head amount to cover your whole face and neck. I do always rec. that people mix it with a moisturizer, as its REALLY thick in the pot (use less moist. as a concealer), and it gives it a better slip, making it both easier to apply and an awesome finish. Im gonna post a before and after pic of a womans makeup i did to show the true power of this stuff! As far as your color - email me and ill try to match u better!

Wow, you did an wonderful transformation on that woman! It really makes you realize the true power of makeup. It can make such a big difference for people with skin conditions, discolorations, and disfigurement. It makes me feel bad for complaining about my stupid zits.

Originally Posted by KMEFH Thanks everyone! And it is [ O-kwan ]
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for all the tips! As a fan of Aucoin, I've longed for his SSE just afraid of the results. After seeing your before and after I am convinced! Now i just need to figure out my color. I'm a MAC NC50, and I'm torn between the SX10, 11, or 12. What color did you use in the Before/After pics?

okay, since there's about 3 questions on finding your shade, i was gonna PM you (elise) and ask your opinion, but maybe you should do it here so everyone can learn a little something
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've called the 3 stores in NY (yes, only 3) that sell KA's stuff, all in the city which is 20 mins. away, but a pain to get to because i work, so i'm gonna order off of neimanmarcus.com since they accept returns if the shade's not right.

i'm a stila 40 watt, MACNW20 (although i think it's too pink for me, but the MA said it was my shade
icon_rolleyes.gif
), and usully the 2nd lightest in most lines. i have a feeling i'm in the light section, but that's sx 3-7! i have no idea what my understones are. any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back