Kings Dominion fun

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What a fun trip ...well sort of ....

We went down Saturday morning ..well had it taken the NORMAL time we would have been there by lunch time ..but for whatever reason ..there was SOOO much traffic it took us 2 hours longer than normal. My poor son gets car sick and this time I thought to try those Sea-bands ..DON'T get them! The poor boy was sick the whole way and thank the GODS I had a bucket! I felt so bad for him ..gave him some Dramamine but it was too late I think. He perked up once we got there and got settled.

It was EXTREMELY hot and muggy ..there were HEAT ADVISORIES being announced thruout the day. We made sure we were pumped with water, son especially. It was fun ..my husband took our daughter on the bigger rides ..where I was with our son and his best friend (we brought him along so he'd have a buddy) around.

I think if we had planned it better we could have done more rides and water ones at that. But we had fun and that's what counts! What gets me ...was seeing some adults in long velour athletic type outfits ..long sleeves to match ..and a towel to wipe the sweat. HELLO ...shorts and a tank top is in order for that kind of weather!

We ate dinner late, 9:30pm and crashed in our hotel room (right by the park). Had a nice breakfast the next morning and hit the road ..only this time I gave my son his Dramamine BEFORE breakfast and he slept 90% of the way home ..waking up at lunch time starving for lunch! We were only 30 mins from home at that point but stopped at McDonalds and treated the kids to lunch.

What a fabulous weekend! I think I'll get a map of the park prior to and make plans on what/where to go. Doing the water canyon ride shortly before leaving the park made for a VERY COLD dinner (restuarant had their ac set to 40 ..I swear). LOL

oh that's cool that yall had a good time... i definitely try to plan my kings dominion trips for when it's cooler - either the beginning or end of the season... the problem with me though is that it seems like the park has shrunk in recent years... either that or the fact that i've grown has changed my perspective
icon_cheesygrin.gif
... before it was like, so much to do, so much to see... but the last time i went (early this season) i think i circled the park like 3 times and that's including riding most of the rides...

looks like you had a nice weekend! i'm jealous. i wanted to go to hurricane harbor (six flags's water park right next to it) today, but it's not gonna happen.

i feel so bad for your son. i feel bad for ANYONE who gets car sick!
frown.gif

is kings dominion a theme park like six flags?

Back