Kinky Twist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are so CUTE...I've seen people wear their hair like that, I like it a lot. It's kinda like the style called Senegalese Twist.

twsit.jpg

i think it's looking really good. i was going to say hold out for the more expensive hair, but from the pics you're working it out! can't wait to see the finished product. hey, maybe a tut is in order! i'd love to give this a try myself!

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think it's looking really good. i was going to say hold out for the more expensive hair, but from the pics you're working it out! can't wait to see the finished product. hey, maybe a tut is in order! i'd love to give this a try myself! I agree! It looks so shiny and fabulous!
applaus.gif
I wanna see it when it's all finished. Pretty please...take a picture when you're done! I envy your hands, I can never get my hair looking that good in braids, much less twists, but I gonna try it sometime soon now... I should get to practicing!
wink.gif

They're cute. Can't wait to see the results. Hmm...might just be my next style
smile.gif

7b.gif
Very well done! Bravo! And it took you only seven hours to do that all by yourself? I am humbled. If you were here in SoCal, I'd pay good money to have my hair done up like that!
inlove3.gif

Well, I took breaks like a 2 hour break. I started around 12. Left the house at 2. Got back at 5:45ish. Started back at 6. finished at 12:30

Very cute! I like the color. Please post a pic after you curl the ends.

Looks great! I had been reading online about kinky twists so I could do them in my daughters hair, but haven't found much info on how to do them w/extensions. So I have just been doin reg individual braids w/extenions. Can you tell me how you did it with extensions? I assume its similiar to individual braids and how you wrap it before the braid, but not sure. Or maybe post a tut!

you can do it with extensions just as you would do it while braiding hair with extensions. just remember that you should start off with regular braiding then divide it into two and start the twisting.

I have been getting a lot of compliments on my hair especially from men (surprise), my boyfriend being the greatest fan.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am done twisting my hair!!!. Sorry I look exhausted but I have been braiding for at least 7 hours so I am allowed to look like crap.
smile.gif
..Anyways, I am going to curl the twisties to give it a smoother appearance.
Enjoy:!!!

Attachment 36219

Attachment 36220

Attachment 36221

Attachment 36222

Attachment 36223

Oh That is AWESOME looking. uggh. My fine old straight hair won't do nothin'. You did a fabulous job!!!!!! I wouldn't have had the patience.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you considered placing African curls at the ends? No..what are those?..Do I have to use the rods and dip in hot water? Cus I just burnt the ends but I am open to suggestions!

Back