Kinky Twist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..Okay so this is a rather odd question to be asking considering that there is only a handful of women on this site that might have done this style. I am kinda strapped for cash and the hair you use to do the twist is 4.99$. Well see, I bought regular ol Nappy hair for .99 cents cus I figured I could somehow manipulate the hair to gain the same results I would have had if I used the hair you are supposed to use.

Okay so my question is:

Is this going to fly? I mean, I dont want any surprises. I am willing to take the chance but has anyone tried using the regular kinda hair? I know it will still be twists but I want it to turn out like I used the Kinky twist required hair.

I make things really complicated. If anyone can decipher my question amidst all the ramblings, and can efficiently answer it, I would love you for life. If you are lucky, I will adopt a kid and name it after you! (Just kidding. Lets leave that to celebs, shall we?)

But seriously though. Help?!?!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif ..Okay so this is a rather odd question to be asking considering that there is only a handful of women on this site that might have done this style. I am kinda strapped for cash and the hair you use to do the twist is 4.99$. Well see, I bought regular ol Nappy hair for .99 cents cus I figured I could somehow manipulate the hair to gain the same results I would have had if I used the hair you are supposed to use.
Okay so my question is:

Is this going to fly? I mean, I dont want any surprises. I am willing to take the chance but has anyone tried using the regular kinda hair? I know it will still be twists but I want it to turn out like I used the Kinky twist required hair.

I make things really complicated. If anyone can decipher my question amidst all the ramblings, and can efficiently answer it, I would love you for life. If you are lucky, I will adopt a kid and name it after you! (Just kidding. Lets leave that to celebs, shall we?)

But seriously though. Help?!?!

I understand your question and imho, I would not try it with the cheaper hair. I've had kinky twists but I used the right hair for it. However... I've had some other weave-type styles too and I found out the hard way that you really need to stick with what you KNOW will work. It is just not worth the embarassment. I hope this helps you some!! Good luck :)

nah...its like..i guess I shouldn't say Nappy hair..Its just Jumbo hair....I forget what its called.

I am too broke for the hair I am supposed to use. That stuff costs 5 dollars a pop. Last time I braided someone's hair I used 4 packs. Thats 20 dollars. ::coughs::,.....that being said, I am broke.

I would love to chime in here and help ya, but I am very, very confused...

Can you explain more explicitly what it is you mean, both style and hair products? Maybe I can learn something here too.

cheapie hair only looks nice in tightly done braids....esp. cornrows

but on TWISTS...is a recipe for disaster!

the hair is more exposed and likely to unravel and get that nappy unkempt look

when i had cornrows i used the cheapie hair but it looked very nice for like 3 months straight....a good thing to use is mousse...i use the ones in the blk haircaire section

also use jam for your hairline

o i know what hairstyle you're reffering to...honestly with your face i think cornrows would look better

you have a nice face structure it would show that off more

These are the kinky twists:

Attachment 36179

this is the hair I bought:

NB-SB-S000.jpg

The hair I should have bought:

afro_marely_braid_M.jpg

I think that for that kind of hair style, it will be just fine now if we were talking microbraids, lol...

And totally OT Grace, lol when I read the title I was about to put it in the sex forum, lol DUH to me!!!!!!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that for that kind of hair style, it will be just fine now if we were talking microbraids, lol...
And totally OT Grace, lol when I read the title I was about to put it in the sex forum, lol DUH to me!!!!!!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol i wasn't even thinking that way until you mentioned it lol

i say cornrows lol

theye look better than kinky twists anyway IMO

plus they look WAY better with the hair you have

its easier than kiny twists

jam (let's jam by soft sheen carson) on your hairline

mousse on the cornrows

wear a durag scarf at night

OMG, those are kinky twists?!?! I LOVE those!
w00t.gif
They are soo cool and elegant looking. I just didn't know the proper name for it. I so wanna do that to my hair now! I may need a second pair of more experienced hands to assist though. Hmm, that's got me thinking...

Also, I heard the regular $1 stuff referred to as "Jumbo packs" too. It's the stuff comprised of kanekelon, right? I think that is very good for all kinds of braids, but maybe not optimal for twists.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG, those are kinky twists?!?! I LOVE those!
w00t.gif
They are soo cool and elegant looking. I just didn't know the proper name for it. I so wanna do that to my hair now! I may need a second pair of more experienced hands to assist though. Hmm, that's got me thinking...

Also, I heard the regular $1 stuff referred to as "Jumbo packs" too. It's the stuff comprised of kanekelon, right? I think that is very good for all kinds of braids, but maybe not optimal for twists.

Omg! I love your reaction. You got me weak laughing. Lol!..But I have to warn you, since you have really long hair, get ready to stock up on the hair. cus you might need it.

It might work, but I don't think it'll look exactly the same, although it might be cute. The only time I use the synthetic jumbo hair if I want cornrows, because that stuff tangles SO bad. I'd try to look around at some places to see if you can find some cheaper hair with a more similar texture to the kinky hair.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Omg! I love your reaction. You got me weak laughing. Lol!..But I have to warn you, since you have really long hair, get ready to stock up on the hair. cus you might need it. Yeah man! Kinky twists to my buttocks!!!! I can see it now!
rockwoot.gif

Latest posts

Back