Kitty cats!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently adopted a cat from one of my local shelters. She is great, super cute. There is one weird thing that she does that I have never seen any of my other cats do. Let me just say shes the only cat I have now but growing up I had about 3-4 at all times.

Anyway, she chews on her claws :/ I think its pretty gross but thats just me. I'm bringing her to the vet this week and I'm gonna have them trim her nails.

Does your cat do anything that you think is weird?

My cat does that too!

She's declawed on her front paws but she spreads out her toes and cleans inbetween them real good and chews on them.  Then on her back paws where she still has her claws she chews on them and cleans them real good. lol

I wonder if it has to do with the litter and she's trying to get it off her feet or something.

LOL at least I'm not the only one lol My cat loves to scratch her scratch pad and her scratch post so she "sheds" her claws all the time. At first I thought it had something to do with that. But you might be right. Maybe we have super clean cats who just don't like to have dirty paws LOL

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My cat does that too!

She's declawed on her front paws but she spreads out her toes and cleans inbetween them real good and chews on them.  Then on her back paws where she still has her claws she chews on them and cleans them real good. lol

I wonder if it has to do with the litter and she's trying to get it off her feet or something.

My cat is called Pig, and it is a perfectly apt name.

One day this summer I was out getting the mail and two boys walked by, they asked, "Is this your cat," I said yes and they replied, "we walked by this morning and saw the cat, then we went bowling and ate lunch, and when we walked by again, the cat was in the exact same spot."

I just said, "Yea, that sounds like pig."

My cat is named London and she is 2. She does this really weird side jump thing where she scrunches up her back? I don't know how to describe it but she looks ridiculous. One of my friends was catsitting for me and thought London got electrocuted or something when she did it, lol. 

I have two cats, Layla and Vincent. They are both odd in their own ways.

Layla is very cantankerous or bipolar, or both. She comes to me for loving and will suddenly go into tazmanian devil mode. She HATES strangers and anyone new won't see her until they've visited at least 3 - 4 times and even then, she's convinced they are only their to cat nap her.

Vincent has a button on his back that if scratched will cause him to lick like crazy. So of course I have to mess with him all the time. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a couple years old but its the only pic I have of the both of them together and not trying to kill each other.

so cute! 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have two cats, Layla and Vincent. They are both odd in their own ways.

Layla is very cantankerous or bipolar, or both. She comes to me for loving and will suddenly go into tazmanian devil mode. She HATES strangers and anyone new won't see her until they've visited at least 3 - 4 times and even then, she's convinced they are only their to cat nap her.

Vincent has a button on his back that if scratched will cause him to lick like crazy. So of course I have to mess with him all the time. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a couple years old but its the only pic I have of the both of them together and not trying to kill each other.

This is my Mazie. In addition to chewing her nails she also does this cute rolling on her back thing and she meows at me to get my attention and as soon as I go to pet her shes off like a rocket LOL

Our Maine Coon Skidder talks.  He says 'Mama', she can say 'Hello' and 'oh no'.  He toys with the dog -Dave.  Cats are hilarious.

We don't allow the cat in our room so we have the door closed at night and she meows at the door when we first go in there and it sounds like shes saying "come out!" lol

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Our Maine Coon Skidder talks.  He says 'Mama', she can say 'Hello' and 'oh no'.  He toys with the dog -Dave.  Cats are hilarious.

LOL!

I once thought he was saying 'Oh, Hello' to me but it turn out he was saying hello to a moth on a light fixture that he wanted to get at.  I'm pretty sure he was saying Oh, Hello as he said it 3x.  We know he says Mama because he always comes upstairs when the kids say I'm up here.

We have two cats. 

We adopted Janis Joplin from a shelter (quickly changed her name from Icey to Janis).  Her oddball habit is that she dips her paw into her water dish and then licks the water off of her paw.  She has never once, in the two years we've had her, put her face in the bowl to drink from it. 

Maceo Parker found us...well, we found him under our porch when he was 5 weeks old.  His oddball habit is that when he's eating his cat chow, he puts his paw in the dish and scoops out one piece at a time.  He pulls it out, lets it hit the floor and then he eats it.  Scoops out another, eats it...and that continues until he's full up. 

omg that is hysterical!!!

Originally Posted by Pamella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We have two cats. 

We adopted Janis Joplin from a shelter (quickly changed her name from Icey to Janis).  Her oddball habit is that she dips her paw into her water dish and then licks the water off of her paw.  She has never once, in the two years we've had her, put her face in the bowl to drink from it. 

Maceo Parker found us...well, we found him under our porch when he was 5 weeks old.  His oddball habit is that when he's eating his cat chow, he puts his paw in the dish and scoops out one piece at a time.  He pulls it out, lets it hit the floor and then he eats it.  Scoops out another, eats it...and that continues until he's full up. 

This is awesome--beautiful cats, all!!  I have two--Andy and Owen.  Andy is about 18 pounds of solid cat, with these short little legs.  Owen is long and lean--his weird habit (one of MANY) is when I pick him up under the arms, he will stretch himself out--front legs straight up and back legs down and even his toenails come out, and he s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s out as far as he can, and when he does that, he is like three feet long--no lie!  He's my Captain Long Cat for sure!

Andy likes to spoon with me at night.  He'll come up and I lift up the covers...he walks under, turns around, and snuggles in with his head on my arm, then I'll cover him up and off to sleep we go.  Well, at least HE does.  His fur is usually tickling my face so I can't sleep, but he's content!

My cats chews his nails too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Don't worry, it's really common. Just another one of their many grooming habits. Especially for indoor cats because they have no way to wear their nails down!

Welcome to Makeup Talk!!

She had her first vet visit today (well, the first one since we adopted her 7 weeks ago) and they trimmed her nails so hopefully that keeps that habit at bay for a little bit lol It just reminds me of someone chewing their toe nails :/ lol

Originally Posted by PrettyPinkNails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My cats chews his nails too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Don't worry, it's really common. Just another one of their many grooming habits. Especially for indoor cats because they have no way to wear their nails down!

I don't have any cats (because my Mastiff sheds enough as it is) but growing up I had a cat who would always wake me up by licking my earlobes. So weird lol.

I have lots of cats. I'm known as the crazy cat lady in my family. lol

My husband bought me Zeus and Athena as kittens. Unfortunately I no longer have a larger image of them as kittens. They are Japanese Bobtails. Zu is an odd-eye cat to boot.

Zeus is on the left, Athena on the right. I miss my Athena she died December 2010. The hubby got me Apollo the following year but Apollo has become my eldest daughter's cat over the years.

Hades with Athena and Demeter (four months old). Zeus. Apollo.​

We call Zeus "Old Man" since he behaves like a human. Loves human food - salsa, tortilla chips, potato chips, ice cream, pickles, etc.

Athena had several litters. All of my cats were microchipped except a few of my younger cats. They're getting chipped next week.

1. Hercules (missing, presumed dead - I have a neighbor who hates my cats and I know he threatened to trap my cats in the past).
  2. Adonis (missing, presumed dead). Someone had hurt him and he was disabled for a long time. The vet said he would heal and he did. I miss him the most since he was my foot cat and always curled up on my feet under my desk.
  3. Hermes (we still have)
  4. Artemis (missing, presumed dead).

One day the kids left the front door open and all of my cats escaped. Only Hermes, Zeus, Apollo and Athena came home. The rest vanished.

From her second litter:

1. Hades (missing, presumed dead).
  2. Perseus (missing, presumed dead).
  3. Poseidon (found him a home)
  4. Neptune (found him a home)

From her third litter we kept only Demeter because she was born with two blue eyes and is a pure white cat as a result she was born deaf. Dee is a long fur, long tail cat. She's part Ragdoll (her father's side).

Demeter with Baby (five months at the time).​

From her fourth litter we kept all three kittens - Osiris, Isis and Smokey. Oz is now called Pot Roast because he became fat after getting fixed. Isis nick name is Icy despite being a black cat - she's not a friendly cat most of the times and she's my middle daughter's cat. Smokey is also my middle daughter's cat because she didn't want me to have him put down. Unfortunately he was born with a rectal problem (can't complete his poops) so he needs to be cleaned after each time he poops. He also can't eat solid dry food because he can't digest it. He has to eat a high protein wet food with vitamin supplements as a result. I guess I also won't put him down because he looks like Adonis and acts like Adonis only he's a short tail sick version but he is such a loving cat who needs baths daily otherwise he stinks.

​
Smokey, Isis and Osiris (before he became fat).​
From her fifth litter we kept Amunet, aka Baby. Baby is the daughter of Sunday who was a stray (around the same age as DeeDee) who came into our lives. One day he escaped and has become feral. If we catch him he'll let us pet him but he won't let people near him. I know he's around still because we see him often except he keeps moving further and further from our house. Last *I* saw him was a month ago about a half mile away. I haven't seen him since but the girls tell me they see him every few days a mile away. Baby looks like a mini version of her dad - he's some kind of Maine Coon mix. She's long fur but a Bobtail cat. She's also stunted and looks very much like a six month old kitten still but she's actually three. His name is Sunday because that's the day he came into our lives.

Sunday.​

After Athena died Nefertiti came into our lives as a stray. The neighbor girl one day came with the cat saying she found it. Poor Nerf was so skinny and hungry so we took her in, put found posters up, put a up a Craigslist notice, called around but no one ever claimed her so we kept her. She's some type of Siamese mix and she's definitely MY cat. lol She's escaped a few times but came back time and time again. She knows this is her Forever Home. She sleeps on my desk next to my monitor. In fact....

​
I've lost so many photos when my external drives died. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are two of my ferrets a day or so after I got them. They were born on January 9, 2007 and we got them in February of that year. They just had their 5th birthday a few weeks ago.

Then there is my husband dog Xena and of course our five rabbits - Pandora Boxx, Raven, Penguin, Oreo and Choko.

Latest posts

Back