Knitting/crocheting??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else here knit or crochet? Or spin or weave for that matter? I was just wondering if anyone else shares these addictions too... ?

icon_wink.gif

I knit! I learned from my momma about three years ago & it's a great pasttime!

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 Crocheter here! https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=6789
Above is a link on the Shawls I sale. Tried the knitting thing I have a hard time keeping even tention plus I just work much better with one needle. Check out crochetville.org great website work crocheters and knitters.

They are GORGEOUS!!! I like crochetville too! Have you seen
http://www.crochetme.com./ ?

Nice patterns and great instructions. I mostly knit myself, I have a hard time with following crchet patterns. I suppose that comes from *teaching myself*
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am in the process of setting up my own site for my fibre stuff. I should post a link when its done.

Nice to see other crafters here
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by kittin They are GORGEOUS!!! I like crochetville too! Have you seen
http://www.crochetme.com./ ?

Nice patterns and great instructions. I mostly knit myself, I have a hard time with following crchet patterns. I suppose that comes from *teaching myself*
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am in the process of setting up my own site for my fibre stuff. I should post a link when its done.

Nice to see other crafters here
icon_razz.gif

yes, please do post a link when you have it!

I wanna learn...I've always wanted to learn how to knit...I can sew, so sometimes I make my own stuff if I can't find what I'm looking for if I have an idea in my head, but I'd love to learn how to knit...anyone know sites with good instructions or how-tos?

Originally Posted by envymi I wanna learn...I've always wanted to learn how to knit...I can sew, so sometimes I make my own stuff if I can't find what I'm looking for if I have an idea in my head, but I'd love to learn how to knit...anyone know sites with good instructions or how-tos? Great site here that has video of stitches being done:
http://www.stitchguide.com/

You can also check about.com they have a great learn to knit section. If you have a craft shop nearby (or a LYS= local yarn shop) they are usually really good about showing you. There may be classes you can take as well. Knitting is wonderful stress relief and its just so damn cool making things from sticks and string!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i know how to crochet and its suprisingly therapeutic! it does hurt my hands after awhile though.. i also want to learn how to crochet with the teeny tiny yarns even though i know it'll take forever! id like to make a simple bathing suit (seen it from VS catalog - a white triangle top & bottom iirc that adriana lima was wearing) but not sure where to find the directions for that

One of the good pattern resources here:

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/beach.html

Lotsa good stuff!!!

smile.gif

Originally Posted by ayce i know how to crochet and its suprisingly therapeutic! it does hurt my hands after awhile though.. i also want to learn how to crochet with the teeny tiny yarns even though i know it'll take forever! id like to make a simple bathing suit (seen it from VS catalog - a white triangle top & bottom iirc that adriana lima was wearing) but not sure where to find the directions for that

Originally Posted by ayce i know how to crochet and its suprisingly therapeutic! it does hurt my hands after awhile though.. i also want to learn how to crochet with the teeny tiny yarns even though i know it'll take forever! id like to make a simple bathing suit (seen it from VS catalog - a white triangle top & bottom iirc that adriana lima was wearing) but not sure where to find the directions for that Crocheting with size 10 yarn/thread is easliy done the same way as regular yarn, just takes a bit more time, but you can make tons and tons of great stuff with it, bookmarks, table runners, shawls, halter tops anything you can dream of and it looks so nice and professional. I have made tons of bookmarks, and flowers for all my friends to wear or just add something festive to an already great outfit. Oh and did I mention Christmas, you can make so many awsome things for the tree :0) and who I am rambling so let me stop good luck on your tread crocheting :0)

I want to pick up knitting. Is there a good way to start? Class or can you do it yourself?

I'm an avid knitter!
smile.gif
I've been spending this summer knitting scarves, vests, hats, purses, and blankets. I've also tried my hand at making quilts and fun fur flip flops recently. I also like to plastic canvas. I love knitting cause I can just "zone out" and watch a movie while I make a scarf!

Originally Posted by Brelki I'm an avid knitter!
smile.gif
I've been spending this summer knitting scarves, vests, hats, purses, and blankets. I've also tried my hand at making quilts and fun fur flip flops recently. I also like to plastic canvas. I love knitting cause I can just "zone out" and watch a movie while I make a scarf! Its very Zen like isn't it? I've been wanting to try quilting, but have to stop sucking at sewing first
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by kittin Its very Zen like isn't it? I've been wanting to try quilting, but have to stop sucking at sewing first
icon_rolleyes.gif
Hahaha... It took me a while to be able to start quilting. When you knit, what kind of needles do you use? I started on the aluminum, but then for my birthday, my husband bought me the bamboo ones, and I'll never go back to the aluminum!! They don't get slick (my hands sweat occasionally). My husband bought the bamboo because he hated me knitting in bed with the aluminum; he said it sounded like I was sharpening knives!! haha!
icon_lol.gif

I like my bamboo ones too. I got the Denise needles though and they ROCK! I really like knitting on circs for the most part. It doesn't bother my wrists as much as straights (the weight distribution is different) and it holds the knitting itself much better (IMHO). I LOVE the way aluminum needles look though. Especially the retro coloured ones. So cute!
icon_wink.gif

I know exactly what you mean about the look of aluminum. I have a cute pink pair that I like, it's just they tend to get really sweaty when I use them. I've never tried the Denise needles. I'll have to look into that. It's always nice to "meet" another knitter. Most of my friends think it's a hobby only for 80 year olds!

Originally Posted by Brelki I know exactly what you mean about the look of aluminum. I have a cute pink pair that I like, it's just they tend to get really sweaty when I use them. I've never tried the Denise needles. I'll have to look into that. It's always nice to "meet" another knitter. Most of my friends think it's a hobby only for 80 year olds! Tell me about it! I go to a local stitch and witch and when I told a pal she asked if I was the youngest one there. Really.. at 37 I'm one of the oldest!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you frequent any good knitting boards etc? I mostly am on livejournal, but am always looking for more fun online knitting related stuff. I like the craftster boards too...

Latest posts

Back