Kohl's American Beauty line is GREAT!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if everyone already knows this, since I'm not the biggest makeup junkie (I only VERY recently started wearing more than lipgloss) BUT ... I was recently at Kohls department store looking around, killing some time at the makeup counter. The saleswoman was really helpful in finding my colors and stuff and she gave me three deluxe-size samples before I even bought anything! Anyway, I tried the lipstick on, and I was noticing the taste was very..distinct. I said "This has a really familiar taste, but I can't place it- Oh! It tastes like my Estee Lauder lipstick!". Well, she told me, "Wow! No one has ever noticed that before! Let me tell you a secret- both of our makeup lines-Flirt! and American Beauty- are made by Estee Lauder!" She said you can basically find most shades, or a close shade, of any Estee Lauder lipstick in their brands! My Estee is $22 bucks a pop, and American Beauty was $12! Yay!

Good to know, great savings too !! thanks xx

Originally Posted by christymo I don't know if everyone already knows this, since I'm not the biggest makeup junkie (I only VERY recently started wearing more than lipgloss) BUT ... I was recently at Kohls department store looking around, killing some time at the makeup counter. The saleswoman was really helpful in finding my colors and stuff and she gave me three deluxe-size samples before I even bought anything! Anyway, I tried the lipstick on, and I was noticing the taste was very..distinct. I said "This has a really familiar taste, but I can't place it- Oh! It tastes like my Estee Lauder lipstick!". Well, she told me, "Wow! No one has ever noticed that before! Let me tell you a secret- both of our makeup lines-Flirt! and American Beauty- are made by Estee Lauder!" She said you can basically find most shades, or a close shade, of any Estee Lauder lipstick in their brands! My Estee is $22 bucks a pop, and American Beauty was $12! Yay!

Originally Posted by christymo I don't know if everyone already knows this, since I'm not the biggest makeup junkie (I only VERY recently started wearing more than lipgloss) BUT ... I was recently at Kohls department store looking around, killing some time at the makeup counter. The saleswoman was really helpful in finding my colors and stuff and she gave me three deluxe-size samples before I even bought anything! Anyway, I tried the lipstick on, and I was noticing the taste was very..distinct. I said "This has a really familiar taste, but I can't place it- Oh! It tastes like my Estee Lauder lipstick!". Well, she told me, "Wow! No one has ever noticed that before! Let me tell you a secret- both of our makeup lines-Flirt! and American Beauty- are made by Estee Lauder!" She said you can basically find most shades, or a close shade, of any Estee Lauder lipstick in their brands! My Estee is $22 bucks a pop, and American Beauty was $12! Yay! It's amazing just how many brands are owned and made by Estee Lauder... yet they all range in prices... lol
icon_wink.gif

Janelle, Estee Lauder is great and always will be... ps...check you email so I can go to sleep!!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's amazing just how many brands are owned and made by Estee Lauder... yet they all range in prices... lol
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Omigosh..I love Kohl's. Now I'll never get out of that store! Figures, I see this thread now... lol I was in there tonight!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I was with Leo, and we had to get him new dress pants & dress shirt for a wedding we have to go to tomorrow... and since the store was about to close, I couldn't look around at anything except the men's dept.
icon_frown.gif

Ugh how boring shopping w/men....its so pathetic, they're so useless when it comes to putting something together, other than tee shirts & jeans !!! Holy Crap another wedding Janelle??? You two better get second jobs just to pay for the gifts !!!! LOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Figures, I see this thread now... lol I was in there tonight!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I was with Leo, and we had to get him new dress pants & dress shirt for a wedding we have to go to tomorrow... and since the store was about to close, I couldn't look around at anything except the men's dept.
icon_frown.gif

EL does own a lot of lines... all in different price ranges. Glad that you found something that you liked!

Latest posts

Back