Korean BBQ marinade???

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I've been trying so many recipes for this and I just can't seem to get the flavor right...does anyone know the secret to a good marinade for Korean style Beef Kalbi?

Reaction score
INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup white sugar

* 1 cup soy sauce

* 1 cup water

* 1 teaspoon onion powder

* 1 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)

* 4 teaspoons hot chile paste (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.

2. Remove the mixture from heat, cool, and whisk in lemon juice and hot chile paste. Place meat in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before preparing meat as desired.

This recipe is amazing! I've been using this for a looong time. You can use chicken or beef. You should def. try it!

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm a huge garlic lover so I add a couple cloves of chopped up garlic in it as well. This makes a difference.

Liz

Reaction score
mmm. i've heard about korean bbq, but haven't tried it before. i want to though!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilyindavis INGREDIENTS: Originally Posted by lilyindavis * 1 cup white sugar

* 1 cup soy sauce

* 1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.

2. Remove the mixture from heat, cool, and whisk in lemon juice and hot chile paste. Place meat in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before preparing meat as desired.

This recipe is amazing! I've been using this for a looong time. You can use chicken or beef. You should def. try it!

I've tried something very similar to this except that it had sesame oil, although I didn't heat it first. I'm not sure that would make a difference though...I guess I'll try again and just heat first

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liz mmm. i've heard about korean bbq, but haven't tried it before. i want to though! Oh you must try it! It's excellent! Korean is my absolute fave food. Of course, I eat kimchi and all!
Melissa

Liz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightthirty Oh you must try it! It's excellent! Korean is my absolute fave food. Of course, I eat kimchi and all!
Melissa

mmm. kimchi is yummy!i ought to try it since it's down the street from me. lol i just keep forgetting

LVA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilyindavis INGREDIENTS:
* 1 cup white sugar

* 1 cup soy sauce

* 1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

made these the other day and it was delish .. .served over white rice and kim chi .... thx u

Reaction score
korean bbq is ORGASMIC O_O if you haven't tried it yet...you have not lived!!

thank you SOO much for the recipe!!!

i must learn and impress my korean boyfriend's parents lol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilyindavis INGREDIENTS:
* 1 cup white sugar

* 1 cup soy sauce

* 1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

Thanks for the recipe!

Latest posts