Korres

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a range called Korres on here ?

Its a range of skin and body care stuff from Athens Greece and they have started to sell it on qvcuk here. It looks like good stuff but i want to know what you think before i buy any. They tend to just go for cleanse and moisturising and i like a toner on my skin or it feels too loaded with product if i dont wash or tone it.http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset...orres&x=12&y=4

I saw this line at Sephora and they also sell it online at sephora.com. I haven't tried the line myself but was reading the same info about the line being from Greece. This is what sephora has to say about the line: "The first product that was prepared at Korres, the oldest Homeopathic Pharmacy in Athens, was an herbal pastille with honey and aniseed, inspired by ‘rakomelon’, a warming spirit-with-honey concoction, which was favored by George Korres’ grandfather in his hometown, on the island of Naxos. Today, the company utilizes its strong scientific resources to create highly effective, safe and pleasurable skin and hair care products that are free of mineral oil and silicone."

P78830_hero.jpg

Thanks for that Reija, i have been to Naxos and its a beutiful place. I have just found these products are available at boots as we dont have sephora online here yet.

Hope you are well

Donna x

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Has anyone tried a range called Korres on here ?Its a range of skin and body care stuff from Athens Greece and they have started to sell it on qvcuk here. It looks like good stuff but i want to know what you think before i buy any. They tend to just go for cleanse and moisturising and i like a toner on my skin or it feels too loaded with product if i dont wash or tone it.http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset...orres&x=12&y=4

I have just recently fallen in love with Korres. I was curious myself and had e-mailed them requesting samples. They e-mailed me a questionnaire to fill out and I e-mailed it back. Then around a month later, they were very generous, and sent six sample packets to try.

First off, I was expecting to dislike the Wild Rose Moisturizer (I usually can't stand rose scented products) but OMG, the scent is heavenly! and wonderfully moisturizing.

Then it was the Sugar Crystal Cream....I had to try and not eat it. haha, it smells that yummy! Great as a nighttime moisturizer.

OH, the Guava Body Butter, another product I expected to not like (not fond of Guava) OMG, this is fabulous! Made my skin so soft.

Funny thing, I thought I would love the Pomegranate Moisturizer (one of my fave fruits) but, I didn't care for the scent, great moisturizer though, but sometimes I'm swayed by the aromatherapy effect! Ha! Evening Primrose Eye Cream is great also.

I was so thrilled with their customer service, generous samples, and quality that I went and spent around $190 bucks on Korres at Sephora. (well, thank god for the 20% discount I received on each order) Probably would have bought more, but they were out of stock on a lot of it.

Anyway, just my opinion and experience so far with Korres. *Pardon my "t.v. commercial" like enthusiasm. lol.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Thanks for that Reija, i have been to Naxos and its a beutiful place. I have just found these products are available at boots as we dont have sephora online here yet.Hope you are well

Donna x

Hi Donna!!! Here in Greece we have Korres for many years and I've only tried tried their body lotions!! They have very unique and gorgeous smells!!!
BTW my father is from Naxos, did you liked it???
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by g-na I have just recently fallen in love with Korres. I was curious myself and had e-mailed them requesting samples. They e-mailed me a questionnaire to fill out and I e-mailed it back. Then around a month later, they were very generous, and sent six sample packets to try.
First off, I was expecting to dislike the Wild Rose Moisturizer (I usually can't stand rose scented products) but OMG, the scent is heavenly! and wonderfully moisturizing.

Then it was the Sugar Crystal Cream....I had to try and not eat it. haha, it smells that yummy! Great as a nighttime moisturizer.

OH, the Guava Body Butter, another product I expected to not like (not fond of Guava) OMG, this is fabulous! Made my skin so soft.

Funny thing, I thought I would love the Pomegranate Moisturizer (one of my fave fruits) but, I didn't care for the scent, great moisturizer though, but sometimes I'm swayed by the aromatherapy effect! Ha! Evening Primrose Eye Cream is great also.

I was so thrilled with their customer service, generous samples, and quality that I went and spent around $190 bucks on Korres at Sephora. (well, thank god for the 20% discount I received on each order) Probably would have bought more, but they were out of stock on a lot of it.

Anyway, just my opinion and experience so far with Korres. *Pardon my "t.v. commercial" like enthusiasm. lol.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

what's your skin type? cuz i was interested in the Rose moisturizer! I received a sample of the Sugar crystal cream and it smelt delish! but i believe its for dry skin which doesn't work for me.

Originally Posted by beautynista what's your skin type? cuz i was interested in the Rose moisturizer! I received a sample of the Sugar crystal cream and it smelt delish! but i believe its for dry skin which doesn't work for me. Ummm, ya know, that is a good question. I think my skin is confused - I'm originally from Arizona (moved to Michigan last December) and this past summer I ended up with what I would classify as acne. Humidity the possible cause, still not sure. My skin does seem to be improving now the weather has changed. Very nervewracking! My skin was fine "back home"

I just took a chance and went for the Rose, and I had to get the Sugar Crystal Cream regardless of my skin type. lol! I originally wanted to buy the Alpine Herbs Moisturizer (it gets rave reviews on MUA) but Sephora was out of stock at the time I was "buying big" It's supposed to be superb for Combo skin. So far, so good with the Rose. If anything, dryness can also be the cause of acne/breakouts, and I was experiencing both dryness and oiliness on my T-zone - weird.

Regarding the Sugar Crystal Cream - not even as a night cream for you? That's what I believe it's primarily for and how I'm using it.

Back