Kylie Minogue has breast cancer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Saw this on another site
frown.gif

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-29277,00.html

Very sad! Thank God there is such a high rate for complete recovery nowadays. My mom is a 6 1/2 year breast cancer survivor! It was found early. She actually found the lump herself one week before her scheduled mammogram.

WOMEN OF ALL AGES NEED TO CHECK THEIR BREASTS MONTHLY. There was no history of breast cancer in my family before my mother. Actually I think I read that only 20% of breast cancers comes from people with a a family history of it.

Originally Posted by elljmz Very sad! Thank God there is such a high rate for complete recovery nowadays. My mom is a 6 1/2 year breast cancer survivor! It was found early. She actually found the lump herself one week before her scheduled mammogram.
WOMEN OF ALL AGES NEED TO CHECK THEIR BREASTS MONTHLY. There was no history of breast cancer in my family before my mother. Actually I think I read that only 20% of breast cancers comes from people with a a family history of it.

I read in one of my books (I´m in med school) that genetical disposition is the reason for only 10% of breast cancer. but if you have a family history of breast cancer your risk can be 2-4 times higher.it´s scary...I know at least 4 women who had breast cancer, but thank god recovered from it it´s something everyone of us can get

My mom had a test done to see if she carries the "breast cancer gene". She does not. She had it done because she has five daughters and two grandaughters and was worried about us. The doctor told her you got cancer and it just happened to go to your breast. I think lifestyle is a major cause of all cancers. #1 smoking (why do people still do this when it says right on the package "causes cancer". I quit smoking the day my mother was diagnosed. It was hard but I'd much rather live a long life then die from some smoking related disease. I know I know I could get hit by a car and die tomorrow but at least I wasn't slowly killing myself. Plus Now I realize how bad it actually smells.

Originally Posted by Arielle I read in one of my books (I´m in med school) that genetical disposition is the reason for only 10% of breast cancer. but if you have a family history of breast cancer your risk can be 2-4 times higher.it´s scary...I know at least 4 women who had breast cancer, but thank god recovered from it it´s something everyone of us can get

I heard about Kylie this morning. Hope she has a speedy recovery *prayers*

Originally Posted by elljmz My mom had a test done to see if she carries the "breast cancer gene". She does not. She had it done because she has five daughters and two grandaughters and was worried about us. The doctor told her you got cancer and it just happened to go to your breast. I think lifestyle is a major cause of all cancers. #1 smoking (why do people still do this when it says right on the package "causes cancer". I quit smoking the day my mother was diagnosed. It was hard but I'd much rather live a long life then die from some smoking related disease. I know I know I could get hit by a car and die tomorrow but at least I wasn't slowly killing myself. Plus Now I realize how bad it actually smells. good to hear your mum doesn´t have the gene (I think what you´re talking about is BRCA-1 or-2) and that she recovered from it!!!
I also don´t get it why people still smoke. I´ve heard some of my friends say "i don´t care if I get cancer. everyone´s gotta die one day". It made me sick to hear that. my brother was diagnosed with leukaemia when he was 14 (he´s 17 now) and it changed my family´s life in so many ways. we all want to live healthier now.

but I know it´s up to you if you want to smoke or not. occasional smoking will not kill you right ahead. it´s just weird that some chain smokers still believe it´s not gonna do them any harm
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle oh how sad. lets hope she recovers from it Gosh that is really scary,I feel for her and wish the best.My mother had a lump removed from her breast but thank god it was benign.

I hope that she does make a speedy recovery from the breast cancer. That's sad she has breast cancer. Thanks

That is so sad. I do hope she recovers quickly. Look at how great Meliisa Ethridge looks now.

Latest posts

Back