La Prairie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Neiman Marcus is having a La Prairie event next week and they have a gift w/purchase of $250
eek.gif
Sa gave me bunch of samples from the skincare and mu line (she was very generous too). Oh my gosh!!! what a wonderful line.... I have been sampling the skincare and mu for only 4 days but I can feel and see the difference. WHY? WHY is this wonderful line so expensive??? I have a facial appointment next Wednesday so I'll be getting a few items and the gwp
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I have to because you buy 2 things and there you're at $250 already anyway..... I have been using Caudalie skincare for almost a month now and really like the line and there are some items I can't live without from Caudalie, but La Prairie is the Royal top of all the lines IMO...

Are they the ones with the caviar face cream? I've used that before and really like it, but I hated the way it smelled. I think I tried a few other products too, but I don't remember, so I guess I didn't like them very much!

No, I haven't tried the caviar face cream yet
icon_sad.gif
She gave me samples of The Hydrator, The Retexturizer, Cellular Moisturizer (SPF 15), Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive, and Cellular Eye Moisturizer SPF 15.

When I got up this morning, I had no lines around my eyes! and still looks that way
smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Are they the ones with the caviar face cream? I've used that before and really like it, but I hated the way it smelled. I think I tried a few other products too, but I don't remember, so I guess I didn't like them very much!

LP, along w/Sisley & Natura Bisse are quite possibly the priciest lines I've stumbled upon. I have to say that despite the huge price tags, their lines are truly amazing.

I know that Sisley takes years to develop products & they scour the globe for ingredients that benefit aging, while ensuring that the plants won't become extinct. Some plants are only found w/in one specific region of a country/continent which reflects in the pricing.

Whenever NM or SFA have GWP or F&F, that's the best time to stock up on these lines. I just can't justify paying those prices for an entire line.
icon_cry.gif

The Skin Caviar fdnt is $150 here and it has to make me look 20 years younger for me to purchase that
icon_cheesygrin.gif
However, the Cellular Satin fndt is $65 so it will be one of a few things I will get and I shall get the gift bag
icon_smile.gif
I am 36 and don't look my age thanks to my mum's good genes and good products. But I would like to take care of my skin so aging is a bit slow
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I used to use the Skin Caviar fdnt, the coverage was awesome, but the shade range was lacking (i was the darkest shade they carried in the UK), however i couldnt stand the perfumey smell of the fndt, plus it was £95!!
If you can afford to keep up the habit then go for it Lilla! x

Totally agree with you. There is no way for me to buy the entire line. I will buy 2-3 products during their gwp time (from bd, valentines and xmas money) so I get something extra. I am also planning to get as many samples as I can from each LP counter to last me a while
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha LP, along w/Sisley & Natura Bisse are quite possibly the priciest lines I've stumbled upon. I have to say that despite the huge price tags, their lines are truly amazing.
I know that Sisley takes years to develop products & they scour the globe for ingredients that benefit aging, while ensuring that the plants won't become extinct. Some plants are only found w/in one specific region of a country/continent which reflects in the pricing.

Whenever NM or SFA have GWP or F&F, that's the best time to stock up on these lines. I just can't justify paying those prices for an entire line.
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back