Ladies Fitness Gym

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,I just joined an all ladies fitnees club with my best friend

Its called lady of america,its like curves.But the strange thing is im really nervous. I was so excited when we finished signing up,but now i feel kind of scared.I dont know what my issue is,I think somewhere in my head im afriad of failing?
confused.gif
I dont know ,just wanted to share that,anyone else gets nervous bout stuff like this?

congrats on making a start! that's always the first step. don't get to anxious about it. people think that once you work out that the weight is just gonna fall off and when they see that it hasn't, they get discouraged. so just keep reminding yourself that it will take some time, that if you keep it up, it'll pay off in the long run since any excercise is good for you.

one thing that is good is that if you've been keeping up with the excercise and diet, after awhile, you'll start to notice a difference and the weight will fall off faster.

oh, i do get nervous also, but that's because i always think people are watching me and will think bad stuff about me.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Liz oh, i do get nervous also, but that's because i always think people are watching me and will think bad stuff about me.
icon_redface.gif
Thanks Liz,your so sweet.I think the only reason i had the nerve to join was only cause my friend joined with me.She is getting married in oct so thats her motive.I just want to be firm again,i dont think im overweight,i weigh 120 and im 5ft1,but before my kids i was like 98 pounds
icon_eek.gif
I dont want to be that skinny just toned and healthy.but as for you i think the only reason people would be watching you is cause your so beautiful
smile.gif
thanks for responding to my lil insecuritie thread.
icon_wink.gif

I joined the gym a couple times, yeah I know the feeling - like a total jerk, I don't know how to work half the equipment in the place anyway....so I either don't go back, or I'll drag someone with me....Hate going to those places alone...to me, everyone think's they're a star!!! lol.....

Originally Posted by K*O* I joined the gym a couple times, yeah I know the feeling - like a total jerk, I don't know how to work half the equipment in the place anyway....so I either don't go back, or I'll drag someone with me....Hate going to those places alone...to me, everyone think's they're a star!!! lol..... Oh you should try going to a gym in boca raton fl.Women are walking around looking just like malibu barbie,plastic and all.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 When I first joined the gym, I too was a little nervous. I though to myself, oh I have to wear nice clothes and whatnot and look cute so that no one will think I'm a slob or something. But after that, I gained confidence because I realized that everyone there is too busy working out to really pay attention to what you're wearing or what's your weight. And I think if the gym you joined is like Curves, they will be the least judgemental people ever! I had a trial there once and everyone was so nice and friendly. They seem to help each other out. Good luck and hope you're not so afraid about it anymore! Thanks charmaine,Im starting to feel excited again,my first class is a pilates class,cross your fingers for me,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I belong to a local gym - you pay per month ($45) I haven't been there in months though...
icon_redface.gif
I feel like an idiot - because half the time I end up having to go alone... and I'm so out of shape that I'll do like 20 min. walking incline on the treadmill & be ready to leave! lol Meanwhile there are people there running full speed for what seems like hours!
icon_rolleyes.gif
I get bored easy - so that doesn't help the situation - and I'm the type of person that has to see results like, yesterday! Or else I get frustrated & discouraged. Plus sitting at a desk 8 hours a day has gotten me pretty lazy that I just don't feel like doing anything!
icon_redface.gif
Now I can go roller blading, bike riding or play tennis (well attempt to... most of the time I'm just running for the ball I missed) and be fine... I guess doing something outdoors and actually getting somewhere when I walk is easier. (I can spend 5 hours walking around the mall with no problems whatsoever!
wink.gif
) I really need to do something - but I like having company... and there's never anyone around that wants to do anything... so it's hard.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I belong to a local gym - you pay per month ($45) I haven't been there in months though...
icon_redface.gif
I feel like an idiot - because half the time I end up having to go alone... and I'm so out of shape that I'll do like 20 min. walking incline on the treadmill & be ready to leave! lol Meanwhile there are people there running full speed for what seems like hours!
icon_rolleyes.gif
I get bored easy - so that doesn't help the situation - and I'm the type of person that has to see results like, yesterday! Or else I get frustrated & discouraged. Plus sitting at a desk 8 hours a day has gotten me pretty lazy that I just don't feel like doing anything!
icon_redface.gif
Now I can go roller blading, bike riding or play tennis (well attempt to... most of the time I'm just running for the ball I missed) and be fine... I guess doing something outdoors and actually getting somewhere when I walk is easier. (I can spend 5 hours walking around the mall with no problems whatsoever!
wink.gif
) I really need to do something - but I like having company... and there's never anyone around that wants to do anything... so it's hard.
frown.gif

I know what you mean,Some things are just better with company,Oh and i can do laps around the mall too,thats some talent we have!
biggrin.gif
How about your boyfriend? I tryed to go with my husband and then he wind up joining with his best friend,so i figured i have to find someone, i need the motivation.At least with my friend we can laugh at each other.I dont know how far you are but i joined a gym on jericho turnpike, are there any all women gyms by you?

I get nervous like that too. My mom always says "what makes you think you're so special that everybody's watching YOU?" And, really, she does have a point...

Originally Posted by spazbaby I get nervous like that too. My mom always says "what makes you think you're so special that everybody's watching YOU?" And, really, she does have a point... hahaha. that's something i'll have to remember.

but i do feel that they stare at me cause sometimes i'm the only girl there, and guys always look at anything that has boobs. lol

Originally Posted by nydoll23 I know what you mean,Some things are just better with company,Oh and i can do laps around the mall too,thats some talent we have!
biggrin.gif
How about your boyfriend? I tryed to go with my husband and then he wind up joining with his best friend,so i figured i have to find someone, i need the motivation.At least with my friend we can laugh at each other.I dont know how far you are but i joined a gym on jericho turnpike, are there any all women gyms by you? Yeah there a bunch of them... but I never thought I could really see any results in 30 mins. ya know? Seemed like it wouldn't be enough... but then again - I haven't been going at all... so that isn't going to work either! LOL I'm out in suffolk (Exit 63 off LIE) otherwise I'd join ya! lol

Yeah I do a lot of weights and I'm always the only girl so I notice people looking at me then, but other than that, I don't pay attention. If they are looking at you, maybe they are just trying to figure out how to do that machine or something! Seriously you will have an awesome time and the gym is a great place to meet new people
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah there a bunch of them... but I never thought I could really see any results in 30 mins. ya know? Seemed like it wouldn't be enough... but then again - I haven't been going at all... so that isn't going to work either! LOL I'm out in suffolk (Exit 63 off LIE) otherwise I'd join ya! lol oh i go out there,we like going to the big fridays(yum jack daniels sauce)

We have friends that live over there.Have you ever been to the drink? it used to be merlot.

Latest posts

Back