Ladies who straighten their hair!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Well as most of ya'll know, I have super curly hair. However, occasionally I like to straighten it. My hair is really long, and it causes a problem. Usually, all goes well, bu in the back, I always have one section that is still kinky (refer to the pic....it's so ANNOYING!). Clearly I can't see the back of my head, nor do I have arms back there LoL

So what do ya'll do to straighten your hair in the back, if you don't have anyone around to do it for you? Especially ya'll with long hair!

Thanks!

pull it out toward the side & front -- toward your face
wink.gif

I usually part it in many different ways and straighten it. Also do what Janelle suggested.

lol, I know how you feel ... when I straighten my hair, there is a section that always gets kinky if it's humid out, no matter how many times I run the blowdrier down it ... but then when I try to wear my hair wavy, there's always a different section that insists on being straight! If only I could get all my hair to do the same thing at once...

Anyways, to straighten my hair in the back (I use a blowdrier and brush, not a flatiron), I blow dry all my hair at once which makes it mostly straight. Then I grab small sections of the top layers and dry them individually so that I can get my brush all the way to the root and run it all the way down the length of my hair. (If the section of hair is too thick, it's harder to get it straight.) As long as I can get the top layers straight, the bottom layers usually stay straighter naturally
wink.gif
Just make sure you grab each section of hair when you straighten it and maybe grab smaller sections or go over them multiple times in the back! (Of course my hair is only shoulder-length but the concept should still work for you!)

You say you don't have arms "back there" ... but surely you can grab your hair and put it in a ponytail! So you can grab those wavy sections and dry/straighten them too
wink.gif

i always seperate my hair and start with the back and work towards the front.

Aside from chemicals which you better not put in your beautiful young hair....Don't laugh, but about 100 years ago (when I had youth, to get my hair straight, I use to: At night, first brush it all out,(lightly mist it w/water) then bend over & flip your hair - gather it into a high pony tail & make it sit on the very top of your head, just behind your bangs....then take 3 empty orange juice cans, cut the ends of both sides off the can...- then section your high-top pony into 3 sections, - roll it, pin it, lightly spray it., and go to bed.... - The results in the morning were beautiful !....

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Hey ladies!
Well as most of ya'll know, I have super curly hair. However, occasionally I like to straighten it. My hair is really long, and it causes a problem. Usually, all goes well, bu in the back, I always have one section that is still kinky (refer to the pic....it's so ANNOYING!). Clearly I can't see the back of my head, nor do I have arms back there LoL

So what do ya'll do to straighten your hair in the back, if you don't have anyone around to do it for you? Especially ya'll with long hair!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tashbash Don't you get a crease from the ponytail holder? i do
icon_confused.gif
cause i go to the gym a lot. i haven't flat ironed my hair in a long time though cause i like the whole wavey "sexy bombshell" look. hahahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 pull it out toward the side & front -- toward your face
wink.gif
that's what I do!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

When mine was longer I just used to section it off with frips and iron the crap out of it with my GHD ceramic straightners.

You can dry larger sections underneath... but try to do smaller ones on top - it's easier to have control over the hair if the sections are smaller, so you'd get better results.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Aside from chemicals which you better not put in your beautiful young hair....Don't laugh, but about 100 years ago (when I had youth, to get my hair straight, I use to: At night, first brush it all out,(lightly mist it w/water) then bend over & flip your hair - gather it into a high pony tail & make it sit on the very top of your head, just behind your bangs....then take 3 empty orange juice cans, cut the ends of both sides off the can...- then section your high-top pony into 3 sections, - roll it, pin it, lightly spray it., and go to bed.... - The results in the morning were beautiful !.... I do that sometimes with large sponge rollers it actually worked. It didn't leave a dent or anything. At the time I had just below the shoulders hair getting ready to cut it

Nope, you don't tie it tight at all - put it up there loose, it worked great, and stayed straight the next day -all day

Originally Posted by tashbash Don't you get a crease from the ponytail holder?

Latest posts

Back