LaJeunesse??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this skincare line?

I received an email from them after posting my resume on Monster. I was concerned about the legitimacy (sp??) of the email.

"LaJeunesse is the hottest new cosmetic line to hit the United States in years. Beginning in September 2005, we will be opening 2500 stores across the country. LaJeunesse will be sold exclusively through these stores.

We are looking to fill the following positions in your area"........

and it continues to list the positions.

What do you think
icon_question.gif

That's so strange. I got the same email when I posted mine, too. I can't find anything on them. They did mention having actual stores, but for all I know that could end up being a kiosk in the mall. If you find out anything, please let us know! I'll do the same. :)

Originally Posted by jennaydiva That's so strange. I got the same email when I posted mine, too. I can't find anything on them. They did mention having actual stores, but for all I know that could end up being a kiosk in the mall. If you find out anything, please let us know! I'll do the same. :) They had a link for their website in the email. The site says they are a subsidiary of Maryland Food Corp. It still sounds odd, but I'm STILL curious.

I also received one...

That is why I registered on thissite to find out..it seems odd, the salary seemed awful high to be something no one has heard of....

Thank you for that information but... too late i had already responded before i read your information. i didn't follow through the way i usually do, research then apply. oh well. i suppose those who go for the business opportunities will be in big trouble.

Thanks again, for sharing that information!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty It's a scam!!
http://www.klaasdevriesjr.nl/k-files...shing_scam.htm

Welcome to MakeupTalk Transitioning!

Originally Posted by transitioning

Thank you for that information but... too late i had already responded before i read your information. i didn't follow through the way i usually do, research then apply. oh well. i suppose those who go for the business opportunities will be in big trouble.
Thanks again, for sharing that information!
claps.gif

Yes --- definite scam

Like everyone else, I filled out the application, because it didn't have my SSN or anything. Unfortunately, THEY NOW HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER loaded into a database. If you haven't done it before this, sign up on the Nationwide "Do Not Call" list, as well as your state's site, if you have a state law protecting you. I'm guessing we will be flooded with telemarketing calls.

A search for "Maryland Food Corp" turns up nothing but what is listed on their own website. If you look in the "About" section on these websites:

http://www.lajeunessecosmetics.com

http://www.lajeunesse.com

One tells you the company was started by Marwan Moheyeldien, and the other says it was founded by a guy named "Martin".

As I write this, I am suddenly being inundated with popups on my computer (no coincidence that I sent in my application about an hour ago). I will notify Monster.com, so they can revoke these people's access.

They have probably downloaded adware or spyware -- use SpyBot and AdAware -- to remove this kind of junk, but since this just started, I'm guessing it might be a few days before they get an update out.

Crap!
icon_mad.gif

it's sad, you can't even look for a job without these creeps messing with you. I also received on from another company that was under the scam.com web site that is linked to these people. and again i filled it out. but thankfully now i know better. it's just so sad that they are going after people who are seeking work to push their product. it's terrible! i have do not call and a awesome firewall, spyware the works. but, i have been getting pop ups, i just keep running my spyware every few minutes. that has helped.

Thank you for your input, all of the information has been a really big help i wouldn't have thought that anyone would stoop this low, almost makes you afraid to post your resume. But, that's the only way to get yourself out there these days. It's really sad!

Originally Posted by Dinah Yes --- definite scam
Like everyone else, I filled out the application, because it didn't have my SSN or anything. Unfortunately, THEY NOW HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER loaded into a database. If you haven't done it before this, sign up on the Nationwide "Do Not Call" list, as well as your state's site, if you have a state law protecting you. I'm guessing we will be flooded with telemarketing calls.

A search for "Maryland Food Corp" turns up nothing but what is listed on their own website. If you look in the "About" section on these websites:

http://www.lajeunessecosmetics.com

http://www.lajeunesse.com

One tells you the company was started by Marwan Moheyeldien, and the other says it was founded by a guy named "Martin".

As I write this, I am suddenly being inundated with popups on my computer (no coincidence that I sent in my application about an hour ago). I will notify Monster.com, so they can revoke these people's access.

They have probably downloaded adware or spyware -- use SpyBot and AdAware -- to remove this kind of junk, but since this just started, I'm guessing it might be a few days before they get an update out.

Crap!
icon_mad.gif

Welcome to MuT - Dinah & Transitioning!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I called Monster. The customer rep had me forward the email and he said he would pass it on to their "site misuse" group.

I also called the News Desk at my local TV station, got their email address, and sent the email to them, as well.

Nice to meet you too! Since you are in NY, can you tell me where to find a marketing job?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome to MuT - Dinah & Transitioning!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Dinah I called Monster. The customer rep had me forward the email and he said he would pass it on to their "site misuse" group.
I also called the News Desk at my local TV station, got their email address, and sent the email to them, as well.

Way to go Dinah! By the way, welcome to MuT! I'm Melissa from Georgia!

I will thank you again, someone needs to stop them! I am so happy you are going above and beyond.
claps.gif
I hope they get them and fast!

Originally Posted by Dinah I called Monster. The customer rep had me forward the email and he said he would pass it on to their "site misuse" group.

Hello!! I am new here. and the reason being is that i was also sent an email by this particular company....they think i qualify for an Executive Administrative Assistant's position....that was crap....but i could be though...anyway i was browsing through to do some research on these suckers because the name sounds all too weird to begin with....thanks for all other inputs...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have actually heard of this line! I recently moved to NC from northern Indiana, where I listened to talk radio out of Chicago almost every day. Anyway, WLS-AM used to run advertisements from Lajeunesse. It was for a face cream. It was, of course, supposed to take years off of your face. They even had one of the talk show hosts reading an ad for them. I never ordered any because I had never heard of the company before, and because it sounded too good to be true. Also, the face cream had some goofy sounding french twist to it, very corny. I wonder if they are still running those ads.

Kim

Latest posts

Back