Laser Hair removal and skin mark Questions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey MUT ladies,

has anyone had this done before? How much would it cost for the legs to be done and the arm pits. HOw many visits do you think? Also how much do you think it costs to reduce stretch marks and remove a broken vessel on the face? I called a place and I need to make a consultation but it costs $100 even if you dont go throught with it you have to pay for it ( for whatever reason you dont go like too much money)

thanks

For your whole legs??

I've heard that it can cost a few hundred dollars and take several visits just to remove a small patch of hair, like dark hair around your belly button (which is what I want to have done someday!
biggrin.gif
) I can't imagine for your whole legs....

Originally Posted by xotinkerbellglo Hey MUT ladies,
has anyone had this done before? How much would it cost for the legs to be done and the arm pits. HOw many visits do you think? Also how much do you think it costs to reduce stretch marks and remove a broken vessel on the face? I called a place and I need to make a consultation but it costs $100 even if you dont go throught with it you have to pay for it ( for whatever reason you dont go like too much money)

thanks

I'm currently doing the laser hair removal. They should not be charging you for consultations, so don't go to that place (I've gone to 3 places and the consultations were completely free). The hair removal I'm doing is at American Laser Centers, and I bought a package for 6 treatments, and I'm getting the underarms and upper lip done. The cost is $900 (total for all sessions). The website spa-addicts.com has "spa week" twice a year, where you can choose any salon service for $50.00 and quite a few salons offer a one area (usually upper lip, underarm, sides of face, chin, or bikini) one treatment package, but for $50.00 it's a good way for you to test it out. That's how I first started, I found a special on spa-addicts for the Broadway Spa and tried it out there (it was a nice spa, and the technician was nice). If memory serves me correct, the next "spa week" is coming up towards the end of October, but I'm not completely certain about that. American Laser Center is a national company (the one I go to is part of a cosmetic surgery office). Before I went there, I looked at their website and they were having a contest for a "laser package", so I entered and won a third prize ($100.00 off a package). I definitely notice a difference in the hair amount, and I still have a few more treatments to go. They told me the number of treatments needed depends on the contrast between your hair and skin color, as the laser targets dark pigmentation, so they can turn up the laser higher if you have a big difference between your hair and skin color (I'm considered an ideal candidate because I have dark brown hair and light pale skin). I don't have any information about the stretch marks or broken vessel, I wish they had a "cure" for stretch marks. Whoever figures that out will be a billionaire overnight.

I did it for my face, and I paid almost $2000 for whole face package. My Dr said : as log as i have hair in my face , i can come for treatment. I just paid all the money at once , and Now after 8 months , i didn't get any result ! at first it was so good , but now , my hair just growing even faster , and in my last treatment , my Dr , went for 35 deg and it was realllyyyyyyyyyyy painfull and it burned my face, and I'm really angry now , but nothing I can do about it !! since I'm moving to NY in 3 month , I can never get a result in a short time , so it was just waste a money , and 2 scarin my face, If you guys wanna do it , just plz consider it : it's so painful, and as it goes for higher degrees , it's getting harder , sometimes I couldn't sleep at night after my treatment , so plz be careful about it , good luck

Originally Posted by mindi I did it for my face, and I paid almost $2000 for whole face package. My Dr said : as log as i have hair in my face , i can come for treatment. I just paid all the money at once , and Now after 8 months , i didn't get any result ! at first it was so good , but now , my hair just growing even faster , and in my last treatment , my Dr , went for 35 deg and it was realllyyyyyyyyyyy painfull and it burned my face, and I'm really angry now , but nothing I can do about it !! since I'm moving to NY in 3 month , I can never get a result in a short time , so it was just waste a money , and 2 scarin my face, If you guys wanna do it , just plz consider it : it's so painful, and as it goes for higher degrees , it's getting harder , sometimes I couldn't sleep at night after my treatment , so plz be careful about it , good luck Thanks for letting us know!

Originally Posted by mindi I did it for my face, and I paid almost $2000 for whole face package. My Dr said : as log as i have hair in my face , i can come for treatment. I just paid all the money at once , and Now after 8 months , i didn't get any result ! at first it was so good , but now , my hair just growing even faster , and in my last treatment , my Dr , went for 35 deg and it was realllyyyyyyyyyyy painfull and it burned my face, and I'm really angry now , but nothing I can do about it !! since I'm moving to NY in 3 month , I can never get a result in a short time , so it was just waste a money , and 2 scarin my face, If you guys wanna do it , just plz consider it : it's so painful, and as it goes for higher degrees , it's getting harder , sometimes I couldn't sleep at night after my treatment , so plz be careful about it , good luck welcome to MuT! i'm sorry to hear that happened to you
frown.gif

I have done lazer hair removal on the side of my chin. I paid $200 and it took 3 sessions. Yes, it hurst really bad. I have also had facial rejuvination, paid $1500 and they still could not get the veins on my nose to disappear. So now I have to go to a doctor's office to get them filled with saline to see if that will do it. I would not do the facial rejuvination again. I felt it was a big waste of money.

I am currently having my underarms, lower legs and full bikini lasered. I formerly did 2 treatments at the American Laser Center someone had mentioned and got some benefit but they used this laser that they lift up and then place down and then you get pulsed by the laser. Im not going to a place down the street called Renaissance Laser and its a different laser that they slide almost like an iron, there is no pick up and place down and pulse. I like it a lot better and can really really tell a difference now but no telling how much is the effect of having those first two treatments at the other place or if this is just working better for me. Im very impressed by how little hair growth Im having now and cant wait to go to my next appt which is June 9th to see how much really goes away.

Latest posts

Back