Lash Tinting: The Mascara Altnernative!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread is all about Lash Tinting. A process that involves dying the eyelashes with a semi-permanent vegetable dye. CAUTION: This must be done by professionals and is illegal in some states.

Step 1- You must have no macara or eye makeup on for the tinting. An esthetician will clean your lid and eye area with makeup remover.

Step 2- The esthetician will place little pads with vaseline on them under your eyes. The vaseline and pads keep the dye from penetrating your skin and dyeing your undereye area.

Step 3- From this point on eyes must be CLOSED! The esthetician will paint the vegetable dye onto lashes. It feels very goopy and cold. Some dye may get on the lid, the esthetician will clean it up.

Step 4- The timer is set for 15 minutes. Eyes must remain closed. You may feel a tingly or burning sensation. This is the dye oxidizing and penetrating your lashes. RELAX. It may become uncomfortable, but Beauty is Pain.

Step 5- Times Up. The esthetician removes the pads, wipes your eyes with moist cotton and flushes your eyes with saline. You may want to rinse your eyes in a restroom.

Step 6- You're Done and have beautiful black or brown lashes with no mascara! Eyes stand out and every lash is defined. This result will last for about 6 weeks to a month.

Extra's- Remove Contacts! The dye could potentially tint your contacts permanentely. Better safe then sorry. Be prepared to sit eyes closed for about 20 minutes. If you are worried don't do it.

See my NotePad for pics before, during and after!

OMG.. your notepad rocks!!! Question: Do you have to stick your tounge out when getting a lash tint? Does it help? LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tint my lashes when I get my eyebrows done. Here in Sweden you are fully allowed to do it yourself and since the dye costs close to nothing I have thought about doing it myself instead. But since the dye stings like hell if/when you get it in your eyes (and some always do when you remove it) I think I would have a friend do it, and stay to just color in my brows on my own when they fade (on me they start to fade after 2-3 weeks, and I can´t go and have it done that often).

I don´t think it´s an alternative to mascara tho, since it doesn´t give that fullness and definition that mascara gives, but it makes me not look so "washed out" when not wearing any make up.

A problem that can happen is that the lashes get a little bit stiff from this and makes them harder to curl and keep the curl, so sometimes I skip it for that reason.

If you are pale, make sure they don´t try to mix blue in the dye it can make lashes look quite blueish, but they say it won´t, that it just makes them darker and blacker. I always have a hard time convincing the girl that does mine that I want them black with a little brown in, and definitely not black with blue in.

//Jenny

Thanks for posting the process BeneBaby. My sister started getting her eyelashes tinted a few months back & loves it. She is a blonde so it looks fab on her. Plus she loves swimming so now she can go looking like she has mascara on but she doesnt!

Eyelash tinting is really cheap in the area I live in. I'd quite like to get it done, as naturally my lashes are very fair. But I'm too scared to risk it getting in my eyes!

Latest posts

Back