Lashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
icon_question.gif
2 things I was wondering about:

1. To curl or not to curl? I've never curled my lashes, they're long but not really thick. Who curls and how do you decide if you should or not?

2. From OK magazine Issue #4: Q: "Do you think mascara should go on the bottom lashes?" A: "Not really. The problem with mascara on the lower lashes is that it can smudge. So unless it's for some big event (like a wedding), we say skip it. However, if you want to make your eyes pop, take an eyeliner pencil and do small dots right along the bottom lash line. This makes lashes look thicker and truly luscious."

I was surprised by the answer, I always put mascara on the bottom lashes but only in the outer corners. Any opinions on this article?

Originally Posted by Cirean 1. To curl or not to curl? I've never curled my lashes, they're long but not really thick. Who curls and how do you decide if you should or not? I curl,I have long,straight lashes and they look way better curled.You should try it,then you can decide for yourself.

If I only put on mascara without curling it really doens't look good, but if I curl,I don't even have to put on a lot of mascara,it makes a huge difference for me.

So my advice is to just try it and see what looks best for you
smile.gif

About the bottom lashes... I never put mascara on them,it just doesn't look right on me
smile.gif

There are days I get up and my lashes are curly and there are days that they aren't. It must be the way I sleep
icon_eek.gif
I do curl mine when it needs it and I also use mascara at the bottom lashes but very lightly.

I rarely curl mine. Mascaras usually give me enough curl. I do use mascara on both upper and lower lashes. If I skip the lower lashes I look like I just woke up.

I agree with Charmaine, I've always heard that curling your eyelashes makes your eyes look more open and/or bigger, and I have noticed quite a difference since I started curling my lashes!

For lower lashes, I always use mascara because my lower lashes are blonde and are invisible without mascara -- you can only see them if you're a few inches from my face! I use a waterproof mascara (Maybelline Sky High Curves) and it never smudges. (In contrast, eyeliner occasionally smudges on my lower lid, so I don't know where the magazine got the idea that mascara smudges more than eyeliner!) I just use a light hand and rub the brush sideways (horizontally) to avoid clumps.

And as one last random note, I find that using eyeliner (or eyeshadow) on the lower lid just makes my small eyes look smaller, so I almost never use it anymore!

I always, always curl my lashes, even if I'm not going to wear mascara. It just opens up my eyes and really makes me look more awake!!
smile.gif
I would never apply mascara without curling my lashes, simply because I think mascara on my uncurled lashes looks worse than no mascara at all. I also apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. I've tried to apply mascara to just the top lashes, but then I don't feel like my look is complete. I don't have a big problem with smudging anyways, unless I take a nap or something.

I curl my lashes before applying mascara, I find that it gives my lashes that little bit extra, and yes I also apply mascara to the bottom lashes because I think it looks weird without it, especially in photos because the top lashes are so emphasised it makes the bottom one invisible, I just gently dab it on with the mascara wand to lightly coat the bottom lashes.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen and yes I also apply mascara to the bottom lashes because I think it looks weird without it, especially in photos because the top lashes are so emphasised it makes the bottom one invisible, I just gently dab it on with the mascara wand to lightly coat the bottom lashes. I agree with lipglossqueen about the bottom lashes. I never have a problem with smudging, unless I cry my mascara stays put day-night!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
As for me and curling them I usually don't. I get enough curl from mascara. Plus if I did try to curl them I would probably end up pulling them all out. LOL
hahaha.gif

I always curl my lashes too! I heat my eye lash curler with my blow dryer for just a few seconds, make sure it isn't too hot before putting it near your eye of course, and curl them.
claps.gif

WOW! makes the curl so much more defined and it stays a lot longer. A makeup artist told me about that about 5 years ago and I do it every day!

What about the heated eyelash curler that avon has now. I wonder if it works, or would it damage the lashes
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin What about the heated eyelash curler that avon has now. I wonder if it works, or would it damage the lashes
icon_question.gif
I use a heated eyelah curler. It gives the best kind of curl, better than my Shu emura curler(besides, when I use the Shu one, i keep accidentally 'clipping' the eye area & it hurts!)
Someone once said to me that heated curlers are bad for lashes- might make them fall of. But since I use an eyelash protein everynight, I'm not so worry 'bout that...

Originally Posted by Charmaine Trisha mentioned this awesome trick that you can put a little bit of mascara on a push eyeliner and just go over your lower lashes with that Urm, wat's a 'push eyeliner'?

Which heated eyelash curler are you using? I used one long time ago and liked it but haven't seen it for a long time.

Does the eyelash protein work? what is the name for it? thanks in advance
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I use a heated eyelah curler. It gives the best kind of curl, better than my Shu emura curler(besides, when I use the Shu one, i keep accidentally 'clipping' the eye area & it hurts!)
Someone once said to me that heated curlers are bad for lashes- might make them fall of. But since I use an eyelash protein everynight, I'm not so worry 'bout that...

Originally Posted by lilla Which heated eyelash curler are you using? I used one long time ago and liked it but haven't seen it for a long time.Does the eyelash protein work? what is the name for it? thanks in advance
icon_smile.gif

The eyelah curler I'm using is produced by a drugstore in S'pore. I know this makes it sounds like its some lousy product. In fact, I had only gottan it coz it was tested with other heated curlers(branded & more expensive ones) in a local mag & it came up tops! It costs only US$1.20( I swear I'm not joking!) compared to the better ones(cost up to US$39). But the thing is, u can't drop it or it spoils immediately. That's the reason why I have to get another one later on. Anyway, I take good care of it now, don't want it to drop coz I think its no longer available anymore
icon_sad.gif

I have tried a few lash proteins: 1) Talika Lipocils- its pretty popular so maybe u have heard of it(expensive & has very little product, like 5ml if I remember correctly), 2) Mavala Double Lash(much cheaper than the 1st but works as well, also comes in a much bigger size), 3) Canmake lash essense (not bad considering its low price), 4) Goodlash( a Jap brand I think, but it seems to stink my eyes the most)

Hope u find this helpful...

1. i always curl my lashes. i remember the first day i curled them and couldn't believe the difference. i kept looking at them in the mirror lol

2. i actually stopped doing this after i read in an article that it makes dark circles (which i have) appear more. it really does make them appear a lot more. lately, though, i've been into dramatic lashes, so i do the bottom, but very lightly. just enough to blacken them.

I don't usually will curl my lashes becoz my lashes are already curled. I've tried once curling it then apply mascara, guess wat? my lashes tip touched my lid!! ( can u imagine)heheeheh datz pretty funny anyway!! i have curly lashes..i need mascaras that thickens.So far, revlon fabulash is doin great.I might be checking out Stila Fiber Optic recommended by trisha soon...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have used heated eye lash curler too, they work good but, I think a little blow dryer and my Shu Emura is better. I haven't had any problem with my lashes falling out.

Thanks for the info
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 The eyelah curler I'm using is produced by a drugstore in S'pore. I know this makes it sounds like its some lousy product. In fact, I had only gottan it coz it was tested with other heated curlers(branded & more expensive ones) in a local mag & it came up tops! It costs only US$1.20( I swear I'm not joking!) compared to the better ones(cost up to US$39). But the thing is, u can't drop it or it spoils immediately. That's the reason why I have to get another one later on. Anyway, I take good care of it now, don't want it to drop coz I think its no longer available anymore
icon_sad.gif

I have tried a few lash proteins: 1) Talika Lipocils- its pretty popular so maybe u have heard of it(expensive & has very little product, like 5ml if I remember correctly), 2) Mavala Double Lash(much cheaper than the 1st but works as well, also comes in a much bigger size), 3) Canmake lash essense (not bad considering its low price), 4) Goodlash( a Jap brand I think, but it seems to stink my eyes the most)

Hope u find this helpful...

I have to curl my eyelashes, they're naturally dead straight and no hint of a curl will appear with just mascara! I just use a cheap metal eyelash curler, and it works great. I also use mascara on my bottom lashes, and it doesn't smudge for me at all.

Latest posts

Back