Last two standing: Bo, Carrie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

<!-- END HEADLINE --> <!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> By Ken Barnes and Bill Keveney, USA TODAYThu May 19, 6:21 AM ET

It will be the Bo and Carrie show for American Idol's finals next week.

Vonzell Solomon, 21, was eliminated by the Fox reality show's voters Wednesday night, leaving rocker Bo Bice, 29, and country girl Carrie Underwood, 21, to perform next Tuesday (8 p.m. ET/PT) and face the voters' verdict the following evening (9 ET/PT).

Host Ryan Seacrest said on the show that "over 37 million votes" were cast Tuesday night.

Bice said immediately after the show, "I'm more surprised than anybody. Asked why, he said, "Did you not listen to my music? I didn't know that's what an American Idol did. For some strange reason, they dig it."

Underwood said: "The last few Wednesdays were really tough. I'm excited to be part of the finale. It's awesome. Really good things happen to the top two. Whoever thought that I'd make it this far?"

Solomon had no opportunity to say more than "Thank you, guys" on the show. The bulk of the program was consumed with showing the three contestants attending celebrations in their hometowns (Fort Myers, Fla., for Solomon; Checotah, Okla., for Underwood; Helena, Ala., for Bice) and reprising performances from Tuesday's show. Solomon led Bice and Underwood in a version of Brotherhood of Man's 1970 hit United We Stand to close the show.

In pretaped remarks screened after the vote was announced, Solomon said, "My American Idol experience was crazy - a lot of emotions balled up into one. But it's been worth it."

The showdown between Bice and Underwood is a battle of musical opposites: Bice's background is in Southern rock, and he was positioned as one of the show's two "rockers" (with Constantine Maroulis, eliminated April 27). Underwood has stressed her roots throughout the competition, performing a number of songs by country artists.

On Tuesday night's show, Bice made the unprecedented move of singing one of his three songs (Badlands' In a Dream) a cappella. He said the obscure song was one he has loved since he was 14. "I do it to warm up before gigs."

He also performed more conventional versions of Elton John's Don't Let the Sun Down Go on Me and the Rolling Stones' (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction. Underwood stayed alive with Roy Orbison's Crying, Air Supply's Making Love Out of Nothing at All and Shania Twain's Man! I Feel Like a Woman! Solomon's versions of Aretha Franklin's Chain of Fools, Dionne Warwick's I'll Never Love This Way Again and Donna Summer's On the Radio failed to sway enough voters to her cause.

Carrie Underwood

Originally Posted by Marisol

By Ken Barnes and Bill Keveney, USA TODAYThu May 19, 6:21 AM ET

It will be the Bo and Carrie show for American Idol's finals next week.

Vonzell Solomon, 21, was eliminated by the Fox reality show's voters Wednesday night, leaving rocker Bo Bice, 29, and country girl Carrie Underwood, 21, to perform next Tuesday (8 p.m. ET/PT) and face the voters' verdict the following evening (9 ET/PT).

Host Ryan Seacrest said on the show that "over 37 million votes" were cast Tuesday night.

Bice said immediately after the show, "I'm more surprised than anybody. Asked why, he said, "Did you not listen to my music? I didn't know that's what an American Idol did. For some strange reason, they dig it."

Underwood said: "The last few Wednesdays were really tough. I'm excited to be part of the finale. It's awesome. Really good things happen to the top two. Whoever thought that I'd make it this far?"

Solomon had no opportunity to say more than "Thank you, guys" on the show. The bulk of the program was consumed with showing the three contestants attending celebrations in their hometowns (Fort Myers, Fla., for Solomon; Checotah, Okla., for Underwood; Helena, Ala., for Bice) and reprising performances from Tuesday's show. Solomon led Bice and Underwood in a version of Brotherhood of Man's 1970 hit United We Stand to close the show.

In pretaped remarks screened after the vote was announced, Solomon said, "My American Idol experience was crazy - a lot of emotions balled up into one. But it's been worth it."

The showdown between Bice and Underwood is a battle of musical opposites: Bice's background is in Southern rock, and he was positioned as one of the show's two "rockers" (with Constantine Maroulis, eliminated April 27). Underwood has stressed her roots throughout the competition, performing a number of songs by country artists.

On Tuesday night's show, Bice made the unprecedented move of singing one of his three songs (Badlands' In a Dream) a cappella. He said the obscure song was one he has loved since he was 14. "I do it to warm up before gigs."

He also performed more conventional versions of Elton John's Don't Let the Sun Down Go on Me and the Rolling Stones' (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction. Underwood stayed alive with Roy Orbison's Crying, Air Supply's Making Love Out of Nothing at All and Shania Twain's Man! I Feel Like a Woman! Solomon's versions of Aretha Franklin's Chain of Fools, Dionne Warwick's I'll Never Love This Way Again and Donna Summer's On the Radio failed to sway enough voters to her cause.

Ditto! I would really like to see him win this year because he represents a different style from previous years.

Saw this on the news last week... lol Will let you vote hundreds of times through your computer modem... and in only a matter of seconds. I think you have to be a die hard fan and want your person to win bad enough to spend the $30 though to use it! lol

http://www.speedyvote.com/

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 BO BO BO BO BO BO!
Can you tell who I'm voting for!?!?! LOL

i'm with ya girl!! BO BO BO BO BO BO BO BO BO

Latest posts

Back