Laundry....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love doing my laundry! I spend just as much money on clothes care as i do on makup and skincare! I adore the smell of freshly warmed bedding smelling of Lavendar Sleep Sensations or the spring freshness of a summer breeze....

Does anyone else share my passion for lovely fresh smelling clothing? I have to be careful about what kind of sopa powder is use, preferibly Non Biological. I always use liquid soap designed for colours as this prevents them being bleached by very poweful brightening lightening detergents. I have noticed a big difference in that colors on jeans, tea shirts etc keep their colors better. I must sound like a right old mrs, hubbard!

Here are some of the products i have on top of my washing machine.

Vanish Oxy Action (Hot Pink)...lol

Persil Non Bio for colors liqi tabs

Comfort Pearls (fabric conditioner)

Color Catcher's (a sheet you add to the colored wash to catch any color runs)

Bounce Tumble Dryer Sheets

Comfort Tumble dryer sheets

Vaporesse Iron Water (basically lavendar smelling liqid you put into the iron)

Just goes to show we spend a fortune on our clothes nowadays as well as our makeup etc.

good tips! the bf is picky about the laundry soap, so we have to use the cheer gentle dermatologist or something laundry soap and regular bleach.
icon_confused.gif

I don't really like doing my wash, but I LOVE LOVE the smell of laundry detergent! I like doing laundry on cold days, so when I go down to the laundry room, it's warm & cozy & smells so nice!
smile.gif

I have to say I absolutely hate doing laundry. It usually takes up my weekend and I almost feel like, why do it, there just going to get dirty again. But then, I could say that about any house work and living with an anal husband, our house is usually NEVER dirty. The nice thing though is that being that my husband is anal, he usaullt cleans most things himself because he likes it done in a certain way. Suits me!

I love the smell of laundry products! I am the laundry mistress in the house and I used to enjoy doing it but now there is just too much. I don't mind doing it per se but it is the folding and putting it away sometimes agghhh.

Well i am glad there are some people who share my passion for lovely smelling clothes! I must say, i don't actually mind folding the clothes up (as long as they smell nice i don't care). I love nice clean clothes and so does my skin.
icon_biggrin.gif

I hate doing laundry because we don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment; we have to go outside then enter the building from another door and go down to the scary basement. (And if it's raining, we try to cover our laundry basket with a trash bag!) And we use so many stinking quarters a week -- we've lived here almost a year and I calculated that we've spent somewhere around $450 on quarters alone! (And of course we buy soap, stain treatments, and dryer sheets on top of that...) We could have bought our own washer by now ... we're moving December (after I graduate) and one of our #1 requirements is that our new apartment have a washer and dryer!

A dishwasher would also be nice, we easily spend several hours a week doing all the dishes ... yuk ...

Originally Posted by girl_geek I hate doing laundry because we don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment; we have to go outside then enter the building from another door and go down to the scary basement. (And if it's raining, we try to cover our laundry basket with a trash bag!) And we use so many stinking quarters a week -- we've lived here almost a year and I calculated that we've spent somewhere around $450 on quarters alone! (And of course we buy soap, stain treatments, and dryer sheets on top of that...) We could have bought our own washer by now ... we're moving December (after I graduate) and one of our #1 requirements is that our new apartment have a washer and dryer!
A dishwasher would also be nice, we easily spend several hours a week doing all the dishes ... yuk ...

I know how you feel GirlGeek! I just got my new washing machine a few months ago, but whiolst i was waiting to get a new one i had to go to the Laundrette with my washing and i wasn't impressed with the machine's or how muc h it costs to run them! I hope that once you have graduated you get your new washing machine (i am guessing once you have that) you will really feel so much better with your own machine and will probably love it! (especially after all the trouble you have to go to at the moment). I don't have a dish washer machine either but could do with one.I Hate doing dishes!!!

Originally Posted by peekaboo I love the smell of laundry products! I am the laundry mistress in the house and I used to enjoy doing it but now there is just too much. I don't mind doing it per se but it is the folding and putting it away sometimes agghhh.
i nkow i hate putting laundry away,i have to sort everything,blah its no fun,but i like the way everything smells,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

When I was living alone in CA I had to go out to do my laundry and I hated it everytime. It wasn't the lugging of the laundry, because I was only doing my laundry, but who knows what other people throw in those machines. That was one thing I really had to overcome FAST! BTW, nothing compares to the smell of freshly washed laundry, ahhhh Tide mountain spring and Downy april fresh......
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia When I was living alone in CA I had to go out to do my laundry and I hated it everytime. It wasn't the lugging of the laundry, because I was only doing my laundry, but who knows what other people throw in those machines. That was one thing I really had to overcome FAST! BTW, nothing compares to the smell of freshly washed laundry, ahhhh Tide mountain spring and Downy april fresh......
icon_biggrin.gif
I know what you mean..being in college I have to do my laundry in a public laundry room and sometimes I just wish I could bleach all the washers!!! And I just hate when I have to take out my clothes out of the washer because everyone knows what kind of underwear I wear!!! But I do like the smell of freshly washed laundry too!!

Originally Posted by Liz good tips! the bf is picky about the laundry soap, so we have to use the cheer gentle dermatologist or something laundry soap and regular bleach.
icon_confused.gif
Have you ever tried Method (for your bf). I know they sell it at Target. It's a little more expensive, but it's all environmentally safe and hypoallergenic. I use it for my sheets (for the smell) and my son's clothes (he's Mr. Eczema) for everything else, we just use Tide, but I love love love the way Method smells!

Laundry.. Not my forte! You could do mine if you really feel ambitious...too bad you're so far away, or I'd deliver personally to you!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline I love doing my laundry! I spend just as much money on clothes care as i do on makup and skincare! I adore the smell of freshly warmed bedding smelling of Lavendar Sleep Sensations or the spring freshness of a summer breeze....Does anyone else share my passion for lovely fresh smelling clothing? I have to be careful about what kind of sopa powder is use, preferibly Non Biological. I always use liquid soap designed for colours as this prevents them being bleached by very poweful brightening lightening detergents. I have noticed a big difference in that colors on jeans, tea shirts etc keep their colors better. I must sound like a right old mrs, hubbard!

Just goes to show we spend a fortune on our clothes nowadays as well as our makeup etc.

Originally Posted by Pauline I love doing my laundry! I spend just as much money on clothes care as i do on makup and skincare! I adore the smell of freshly warmed bedding smelling of Lavendar Sleep Sensations or the spring freshness of a summer breeze....Does anyone else share my passion for lovely fresh smelling clothing? I have to be careful about what kind of sopa powder is use, preferibly Non Biological. I always use liquid soap designed for colours as this prevents them being bleached by very poweful brightening lightening detergents. I have noticed a big difference in that colors on jeans, tea shirts etc keep their colors better. I must sound like a right old mrs, hubbard!

omg! i love laundry! i sound as bad as you =]

Originally Posted by breathless omg! i love laundry! i sound as bad as you =] Welcome to MUT!

All I've got to say is that if there were such thing as disposable clothes I'd be all over it (except for the whole environmental issue).

Mel

Latest posts

Back