Lean Cuisine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
soo i was trying out Lean Cuisine meals in prepation for Weight Watchers and so far they taste absolutely AWFUL... does anyone of you eat them and if you do, which ones taste remotely decent??

I'm so with you on this....AWFUL is an understatement. I tried a few of those entrees last year when I thought they would be a good idea for a lunch at work, boy oh boy was I wrong. Definitely an acquired taste. Good luck with the weight watchers.
icon_smile.gif

i'm trying to think if lean cuisine was what i ate or healthy start (i think). i'm pretty sure it was lean cuisine and i remember my meals not tasting too bad. then again, i was determined to lose weight and i'm not picky with my food, or else i wouldn't be eating lean cuisine to lose weight
icon_razz.gif

i think the pasta was good. i'm on their website now looking for what i ate, but i can't remember
frown.gif
i'm sorry. my brother ate them, too, (because he took mine
icon_twisted.gif
) and said they weren't so bad.

I haven't tried many of their meals, but I kind of like their Mexican Beans and Rice (or whatever it's called) ... and it's even better if you add a little extra sour cream or cheese but that probably defeats the purpose, lol.

I personally think Healthy Choice has the best food if you want some healthy frozen meals! I LOVE their Chicken Margherita dinner, too bad it's one of their most expensive ones!
frown.gif

I've also tried the Smart Choice meals and haven't been very impressed with those -- not only did the meals just not taste that great, they seemed to be much smaller portions than the Healthy Choice meals! (However my husband did like the Smart Choice Chicken Enchilada meal because it was spicy, lol.)

I must be a weirdo because I like Lean Cuisine. I mean, nothing beats home cooked foods but compared to other frozen entree's, I think Lean Cuisine isn't bad. Its better than the Weight Watchers brand of Smart Ones. I am a member of Weight Watchers so I experiment and try different frozen entrees. The ones that taste the best are way over the "points" and calorie range that I have to follow.

Also Lean Cuisine just came out with some new dinner entree's so try those or look for those soon, perhaps they are better.

Healthy Choice isn't bad either.

Marie Calendar's frozen entrees are delicious but super high in calories.

Hope this helped a little.
icon_smile.gif

well, i'd like to think that i've tried a variety in the Lean Cuisine line.. i've had the salmon with orzo, the shrimp with angel hair pasta, the chicken and broccoli alfredo w/ penne pasta, and the spinach and mushroom pizza... the salmon was ok but i hated the yellow carrots (dunno why)... the shrimp/angel hair was super bad.... the chicken alfredo was ok but resulted in a horrendous tummy reaction... the pizza was almost ok but i didn't like the mushrooms that they used... i'm thinking that i'm really going to have to stick with my michelina's and other frozen food that i like and figure out the points based on the nutrition information that it contains...
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Healthy Choice isn't bad either.
now i do like the Healthy Choice french bread pizzas... i just wish they'd make a spinach alfredo version...

Its tricky...some brands have skimpy portions and I don't feel satisfied. Some, if you look at the label, have tons of fat and calories. Since with Weight Watchers you have to count points (if you don't follow Core), it can become frustrating.

Latest posts

Back