Learning to Trust again

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Almost every boyfriend I've had in the past, including my husband has lied in some way to cover their butt. Guys can be so cruel.
icon_evil.gif
Just be careful!

Originally Posted by MacForMe I hope your friends love you! Because you are BLUNT girl! MAN do i respect that... ALOT.. Well, it may be over.. who knows. Time will tell.. I got a surprise visit today, complete with an iced coffee (its free for me!) he apologized for not coming to the ER *he was 2 hours away*, he brought WITH him, the Rx for the vicodin *which is why he couldn't drive*and showed me his mouth *i gotta admit, it did look BAD, and swollen*BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALL IS FORGIVEN.... now we wait.. but i gotta date on saturday night!

yeah, i am super blunt aren't i?... i think it's a trademark... but i've definitely found that people prefer straight honesty rather than sugarcoating what you have to say... i figure if it's all said in love, then it'll be taken that way....
now hm... he had a reason but a reason is just a better excuse in my eyes.... lets see what he does next cuz he's on proving ground now....

Even I have gone thru a similar situation like this...I Know its true Liz once a person gets caught he starts lying allthe more. Mine is a similar story...Ihave been mentally tortured sincethe last 1 1/2 years...cos I knew if I would ask him initially he wud justlet it go saying it is a client of his and i would be left with nothing... hence i learnt the entire thing...this internet and chat facilities are anuisance at times....this female witch trapped my husband thru this chat...slowlyshe started calling him on his cellphone...both started talking and talking n that witch would have seduced my husband..i have got two kids otherwise i would have taught him a real lesson...but now i do not find this female's number reflecting on myhusband's cellphone...another female also working in his office tries to influence him with her cheap talks and good looks..tries to take a lift from him everytime toand fro office and in return he avoid my company..but does not admit the fact that he is in the wrong...but this is always at the back of my head...which spoils my mood in no time....these girls shoud be shotdead or else their true behaviour shouldbe revealed to their hubbies.....

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I have been there as well. The only advice that I can give you is to stay strong for yourself!! As hard as it seems don't feel sorry for yourself for the 2nd chance or what not. Like you said when all is said and done you will have at least come out of this with alot of memories and KNOWLEDGE!! Which is power! Good luck and I wish you the best, all will work out the way it should.

MEN!

Well, i have been playing super sleuth. Being on the up and up on everything. Seems that this was what he said.. fantasy. hmmf. that doens't MEAN just cuz i haven't FOUND anything, its not there.

I'm being careful. Very careful.. You guys are the best.

Well, what can i say. people do make mistakes. I have a friend, whom, i just found out, had a serious drug problem, and no one believed this friend would ever quit, they were all convinced it couldn't happen. Well, it did happen. So i guess people can make mistakes and yet, still recover with a hard lesson learned?

Originally Posted by MacForMe I have a friend, whom, i just found out, had a serious drug problem, and no one believed this friend would ever quit, they were all convinced it couldn't happen. Well, it did happen. So i guess people can make mistakes and yet, still recover with a hard lesson learned? i'm not sure that i understand. are you refering to him or yourself here? is this 'lesson' for him to learn from...or you?

YOU SOUND STRONG AND FOCUSED. YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. JOIN THE CLUB. THINGS DO HAPPEN FOR A REASON. YOU'RE STILL STANDING BRAVO!

Originally Posted by MacForMe MEN!
Well, i have been playing super sleuth. Being on the up and up on everything. Seems that this was what he said.. fantasy. hmmf. that doens't MEAN just cuz i haven't FOUND anything, its not there.

I'm being careful. Very careful.. You guys are the best.

Well, what can i say. people do make mistakes. I have a friend, whom, i just found out, had a serious drug problem, and no one believed this friend would ever quit, they were all convinced it couldn't happen. Well, it did happen. So i guess people can make mistakes and yet, still recover with a hard lesson learned?

Men are weird creature's just like us women. It seems to me that your bf is very sorry for his behaviour.From what you said he was chatting to someone from his past and having fantasty's about buying a house etc. Perhaps that is what your bf really wants, but with you. Sometimes something like this can bring things to a head and this is where you both need to work out why your bf did this. Sometimes Men (and women) do things like this becuase they are unhappy and trying to escape reality. It sounds like this has brought about a big upset but hopefully it will mean that you and your bf can really talk and commmunicate and your relationship can get deeper, and you both get closer. Once he;s apologised to you and promised not to do it again!

Back