LED Christmas Lights

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We bought our first set of LED Christmas lights and I think they are really cool!! Saw something on TV that said the power savings alone if every switched to LED lights was like 250 million dollars.. That's a lot of energy at 6 cents a killowatt hour..

And they are cool... 14 people die from Christmas tree fires every year in the US... And they last 4,000 hours... The only down side is they are more expensive... Don't know what the economics of them are but they are safer and more energy efficient so what's not to love?

I've also switched to LED flashlights and have a neat solar powered LED light out in my shed where I don't have any power.. Plus the solar powered LED walk lights.. Be nice is we got a bit more sun here!! Lol

Anyone else buy LED Christmas lights this year?

Karren

I bought indoor LED lights for the Christmas tree this year. My outdoor Christmas display is a star but it only fits the large Christmas bulbs. I am thinking of buying some other type of outdoor display that has LED lights to replace the star.

The LED flashlight sounds neat. Next time I'm shopping I plan on buying one.
smile.gif

They are Shelley!! I have a 9 LED flashlight and an 11 LED flashlight.. And they are very bright although more of the cool white type of light..

We have a large snowflake on the chimney and its a metal frame with a white rope light wrapped tightly to it.. But it died last year and I just bought a new rope light and some electrical zip ties and fixed it.. Should have gotten a string of led lights instead of the rope lite...

yep i have Pink LED's around the store window.. and Also outdoor LEDs at home..

I bought some white indoor ones for the tree.. but then i was upset because they were blue.. and didn't go with the decorations.. lol

so i just exchanged those for regular white ones
smile.gif

Karren, what is the price that you paid for the Christmas lights???? It sounds like something I might try next year. Still had to use up the ones I had this year.

went to Target and all the LED Christmas lights were sold out. I'll try again soon. All my headlamps/flashlights are LED. I am all for anything that cuts the electric bill! and Karren, 6cents/kwh more like 7.7cents/kwh.

Originally Posted by Christie ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif went to Target and all the LED Christmas lights were sold out. I'll try again soon. All my headlamps/flashlights are LED. I am all for anything that cuts the electric bill! and Karren, 6cents/kwh more like 7.7cents/kwh. Yours is probably higher because your so close to Callifornia!! Hahaha... We have cheap coal fired plants here.. New England is over 11 cents last time I checked.. Nuclear and oil fired!!

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren, what is the price that you paid for the Christmas lights???? It sounds like something I might try next year. Still had to use up the ones I had this year. Home Depot had them for like $6 for a 50 light string.. Vs $2 for the old mini incondicent bulbs.. I figure by next year the price will drop in half as they become more prevalent...

Latest posts

Back